Why would Sean Payton want to come here?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the Jones boys are banking on Payton coming here, but after seeing how the FO just completely dismantled a competitive team for NO reason and essentially turning McCarthy into a lame duck coach, why would Sean Payton want to come here and be part of an FO that has no idea what it is doing? We may even lose out on Dan Quinn who see how McCarthy got done and will decide to coach elsewhere.
With all the haters, I don't blame for staying away.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I know the Jones boys are banking on Payton coming here, but after seeing how the FO just completely dismantled a competitive team for NO reason and essentially turning McCarthy into a lame duck coach, why would Sean Payton want to come here and be part of an FO that has no idea what it is doing? We may even lose out on Dan Quinn who see how McCarthy got done and will decide to coach elsewhere.

How many drafts picks Cowboys have to give up?

CWR

Reaction score
LOL!!! I wouldn't send them crap, let alone multiple first round picks. Not for a coach. What's so special about him? Send them a 7th and a six pack of Schaefer beer.

Belicheck is the only coach I'd consider sending picks for, and even at that I wouldn't pay the aforementioned price.

quickccc

Reaction score
I will be shocked if Sean Payton ever agrees to come to the Big Top Jones circus in Big D. He would either have guarantees similar to what Jimmy had or hell has frozen over. There is no way he comes here under this consistently insane structure we have here.

Put even more succinctly: No big changes at the top- no big time head coach. Period.

- why did the great Bill Parcells agreed to be HC here ?
- why did SB winning Mike McCarthy agree to be HC here ?
- why did Jon Gruden drop a hint about possibly HC'ing the Cowboys on Monday night football broadcast ?
Did Urban Meyer also dropped a hint about a chance to HC the Cowboys ?

- the rap on Jerry has always been long and recognizable
but yet we hear coaches and players wanting to play for Jerry,..wanting to come play and be a part of the for Cowboys

- Like it or not, Cowboys are still a dream job, dream team and career among the coaching and player ranks..

- We're still America's Team - and that stigmata still carries strong around the world. the market enterprises and memorabilla sales, the record attendance and sell out crowds, no other NFL team bring TV ratings like Cowboys,

- Jerry flat knows how to sell .. whether market, TV contracts and to head coaches. ..

- Sean Payton knows Jerry, .. he's been a part of this organization before , he knows the pros and cons of Jerry, he should have a great clue of what he'll
have to deal with ,, if he can handle that, and yes that's even knowing he will not have near the power and say so in Dallas, that he commanded in Naaawls.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jerry has hired 8 head coaches in his 33 seasons as owner. Only two of them ever got another NFL HC gig.

The last former Cowboys head coach who was ever hired again as an NFL HC was Chan Gailey who went 16-32 in Buffalo. Before that it was Jimmy. That’s it. Six others never served as an NFL HC again.

that's why it needs to be Dan Quinn or Sean Payton- HC's that have been to the big ride ..including one who has won the big ride.
and not freakin' boy wonder project Kellen Moore .. :oops:

Loso86

Reaction score
Your not a new fan are you?. This isn't anything new. Sean has wanted to be here for years my guy. Family close to home yeeaa

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
- why did the great Bill Parcells agreed to be HC here ?
- why did SB winning Mike McCarthy agree to be HC here ?
- why did Jon Gruden drop a hint about possibly HC'ing the Cowboys on Monday night football broadcast ?
Did Urban Meyer also dropped a hint about a chance to HC the Cowboys ?

- the rap on Jerry has always been long and recognizable
but yet we hear coaches and players wanting to play for Jerry,..wanting to come play and be a part of the for Cowboys

- Like it or not, Cowboys are still a dream job, dream team and career among the coaching and player ranks..

- We're still America's Team - and that stigmata still carries strong around the world. the market enterprises and memorabilla sales, the record attendance and sell out crowds, no other NFL team bring TV ratings like Cowboys,

- Jerry flat knows how to sell .. whether market, TV contracts and to head coaches. ..

- Sean Payton knows Jerry, .. he's been a part of this organization before , he knows the pros and cons of Jerry, he should have a great clue of what he'll
have to deal with ,, if he can handle that, and yes that's even knowing he will not have near the power and say so in Dallas, that he commanded in Naaawls.

And with each coach who comes to Dallas, and wins nothing, the "stigmata" of America's Team lessens in every person who realizes 1995 was over a generation ago.

ICP

Reaction score
And...after 5 years coaching the team - with the Cowboys winning a title or two - the Jones Family grants Payton a piece of the franchise (1 - 2%).
Lol, they won't change the way they operate and there's no way they're winning any titles this way. Doesn't matter who's coaching.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Well, it's not like there's another side I'd support.
I miss those epic fights for daks' affection.

furboy-gighting.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the "no one wants to come to Dallas because we suck" narrative lives on. smh
We’ve had two HOF coaches under Jerry’s tenure- Jimmy and the Big Tuna. Only Jimmy had a HOF career HERE. Of the 8 coaches we’ve had while JJ owned the team, only two have played in a conference championship game- Jimmy and Barry (with the team Jimmy formed)

Are we to believe in the 33 seasons of Jerry’s ownership, we could not have hired better HCs than Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Wade Phillips, and Jason Garrett? Jerry kept Coach Vanilla for an entire wasted decade. You kinda have to admit….we haven’t had many great HCs under Jerry. We could have done better.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry loves you guys. you got any more money for "gear" or game tickets. lol he loves you guys.