Why would we want to play a team that's Hot?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
A team wins a couple of games late in the season and sneaks into the playoffs doesn't mean they are hot. Especially if it means they have to play a better, higher seeded team who is playing at home.

didnt the Giants do that in 07?

JustChip

Reaction score
I remember a 2007 Giants team that “snuck” into the playoffs at 9-7………. Came to our home field and beat us…….. won the Super Bowl. I think teams enjoy coming to ATT and the posh surroundings. I know we had a nice season at home this year. But, we also played a lot of cupcakes.
The Giants won that game because of the attitude of the players and, more importantly, the attitude of the head coach.

Can you imagine Tom, Jimmy or Parcells saying the team already won a playoff game because they had a 1st round bye? I get what he was trying to convey, but it reflects a satisfaction mindset.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle not playing hot, and won as well lost to mediocre teams.
GB, basically the same. Probably would have lost to KC if the refs called the PI correctly.
Rams, same, they played weak teams on their run.

TB, Atlanta, NO, they have not played any strong teams as of later either. NFCS beating up on each other. There is a scenario where NO can get the 7th seed, I believe.

If we win and get the 2nd seed. Philly gets the 5th seed. I almost prefer Philly goes to TB, as I think they have the best shot to beat Philly of those 3 teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t care who we play as long as it’s at home. We have a chance against anyone at home. We’re not nearly the same team on the road.

bewp7

Reaction score
if ur scared of a 7 seed or cant beat a 7 seed u dont stand a chance anyway so who cares

cowboys softness making every one soft

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seattle not playing hot, and won as well lost to mediocre teams.
GB, basically the same. Probably would have lost to KC if the refs called the PI correctly.
Rams, same, they played weak teams on their run.

TB, Atlanta, NO, they have not played any strong teams as of later either. NFCS beating up on each other. There is a scenario where NO can get the 7th seed, I believe.

If we win and get the 2nd seed. Philly gets the 5th seed. I almost prefer Philly goes to TB, as I think they have the best shot to beat Philly of those 3 teams.
IF!!! You'd think around these parts that we have it locked up already and haven't even played sunday's game yet

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
I just want to make it back to the Super Bowl. We can't control who we play. Right now, though, we can control whether we have a chance to play at home for the first two postseason games or not.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Lets face it. Tampa is the best matchup in the playoffs this year again. Green Bay and the Rams present some problems for us with their run game that we are going to have to just outscore! Seattle may be a bit better matchup for us. I don't think they pull of the same performance as the last game we played them.
Yet I don’t think Tampa will make it. Panthers pull the upset.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF!!! You'd think around these parts that we have it locked up already and haven't even played sunday's game yet
I am not taking it for granted we will win. These were the top of games we lost under Garrett. Hope MM can change that.
Jimmy in the ROH may be the key. :muttley:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No but they can play your favorite team in philly that's green!!
Oh, Coog says I'm an eagle fan now, such a juvenile response. I can never understand some fans when you don't agree with them, you automatically become an eagle fan. Poor Coog...Coog got mad because I made a post on Coogs thread. I shall now leave this Coog thread so Coog can go call others eagle fans, cause that is a Coog thing to do...just go and Coog them, that will show them. Please give me your thoughts...

Twin928

Reaction score
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
If we at home bring on whoever we will not put up 20 again at home playoffs dishes out 40 burgers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if fans of these other teams are saying....bring on Dallas ... or are they saying...do you want to play a hot Dallas team. ....

Einstein

Reaction score
Well if we ended up 5 we would be playing a hot TB team in Tampa, so I'll take the home game.