Why would we want to play a team that's Hot?

JBS

Reaction score
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
I don’t think you even know which teams are hot and which aren’t. Getting into the playoffs doesn’t mean a team is hot. These 7 and 6 seeds very seldomly win. Which means you have no point

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's just say if the Cowboys play the 49'ers anything can happen. Remember, the defense held them to low scores when they played those last games, it was the offense that could not score. IMO, I don't think these Cowboys are that far off talent wise than them. If they can stop the run they can beat those guys. I ain't scared of no boogie man, and the way Dak is playing, the Cowboys have a real good opportunity in front of them.
we gave up 42 points. they rushed for 170 yards. they drove that very first drive right down the field and then did it twice more in the first half. the defense was man handled.

we did struggle offensively in the 19-12 game last year. the whole thing fell apart after Pollard went down. zeke couldn't run. and CD was the only WR doing anything. we became truly one dimensional through one player.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
Any team in the playoffs can expect to play a ‘hot’/good team. It’s the playoffs. I want the Niners, but if they get knocked out, I won’t lose any sleep.

conner01

Reaction score
You don’t control who you play

32BellyOption

Reaction score
We don’t have a say in who we get so why worry about it? And as a 2 seed if we lose at home to the 7th seed then we weren’t a true contender anyways.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say we prefer to play the Packers over the Rams. LA has been a significantly better team in the second half of their season.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say we prefer to play the Packers over the Rams. LA has been a significantly better team in the second half of their season.
Not me. No preference here. If a 2-3 seed can't beat a 6-7 seed, then we don't deserve to move on in the playoffs. Bring 'em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas better pray they don't play the Rams. It won't be the same as the last time. They are healthy and their RB is resting this week. Probably in hopes of getting 40 touches against the Cowboys run defense.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Not me. No preference here. If a 2-3 seed can't beat a 6-7 seed, then we don't deserve to move on in the playoffs. Bring 'em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand the sentiment behind that statement, but ultimately the path of least resistance to the Super Bowl is preferable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to play the Cowboys?

Just sayin.

coult44

Reaction score
You play the hot team as soon as wildcard week is over

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's the playoffs, every team there has earned its way and was hot to some degree or another. The Cowboys with the 2-seed are the hottest team in the first round of the playoffs. Why would they fear any team at this point, especially when playing at home? Let's get this straight, other teams fear coming to Dallas, but Dallas does not fear other teams. Maybe going to Santa Clara will be scary but that can't happen until the NFCC game. I say we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s not OK for any team to have an easy route to the Super Bowl, unless of course it’s the Cowboys. Everyone is hoping some team upsets the 49ers.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one is undefeated. Every team has a chance to win. The boys are talented enough, holes in roster and all. But they need to believe, to put every ounce of energy they have in every play. Play smart and fast and they'll go far.