Why would we want to play a team that's Hot?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well if we ended up 5 we would be playing a hot TB team in Tampa, so I'll take the home game.
I think Tampa's "hot" streak went down in heavy flames with the butt-kicking they took from New Orleans in Tampa last week.
They got absolutely stem-rolled on their home field

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can never understand some fans when you don't agree with them, you automatically become an eagle fan.
You know what? I never stopped to think of it before. Why is it always Eagles? There are 30 other teams to consider. Does it apply to everything in life?

<Delivery driver brings you the wrong pizza> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Someone farts in the office cubicle next to yours> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Crying baby on the plane> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Find something left on the wrong shelf at the supermarket> "Must've been an Eagles fan!!!"

<The car takes too long to move in front of yours after the light turns green> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Customer service rep puts you on hold for 30 minutes> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Waiter brings you a beer instead of the wine you ordered> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

<Rains on your off day when the forecast said it would be sunny> "Must be an Eagles fan!!!"

Wait. I think I went a little too far just now. :(

:laugh:

Einstein

Reaction score
I think Tampa's "hot" streak went down in heavy flames with the butt-kicking they took from New Orleans in Tampa last week.
They got absolutely stem-rolled on their home field
OK, but if we were to play GB you're going to tell me they are hot? Not buying it... don't fear them in Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh, Coog says I'm an eagle fan now, such a juvenile response. I can never understand some fans when you don't agree with them, you automatically become an eagle fan. Poor Coog...Coog got mad because I made a post on Coogs thread. I shall now leave this Coog thread so Coog can go call others eagle fans, cause that is a Coog thing to do...just go and Coog them, that will show them. Please give me your thoughts...
I think of you more as a Steelers fan, for what it's worth.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Champions beat the best
This .

Never understood the rationale for wanting to play the easiest team. If the goal is to get to and win the SB, at some point you are going to have to play the best teams so you might as well start with the first game.

Funny how so many knocked last years win over TB as beating up on a crappy playoff team, yet they want to turn around and play the easiest team again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't disagree. but tell that to the players. we get punched and everyone goes oh, wait. they hit hard.
Let's just say if the Cowboys play the 49'ers anything can happen. Remember, the defense held them to low scores when they played those last games, it was the offense that could not score. IMO, I don't think these Cowboys are that far off talent wise than them. If they can stop the run they can beat those guys. I ain't scared of no boogie man, and the way Dak is playing, the Cowboys have a real good opportunity in front of them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
May the football gods bless us with their matchups!
giphy.gif

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
This .

Never understood the rationale for wanting to play the easiest team. If the goal is to get to and win the SB, at some point you are going to have to play the best teams so you might as well start with the first game.

Funny how so many knocked last years win over TB as beating up on a crappy playoff team, yet they want to turn around and play the easiest team again.
beating good teams makes you better