Why wouldn’t we trade for another Top notch WR or Henry?

Mannix

Reaction score
I would agree it's not the only problem. But we have like 2 TDs all season to a WR, and our running game is awful.
And Ced Wilson just made an AWESOME catch 2 minutes ago....Booger and Chuckles continue to get lapped by the likes of Howie Roseman. Our WR corp sucks...and has for years....as does TE currently.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If the goal is to get more playmakers around Dak why wouldn’t you make a trade? We’re not making it with what we have now and our first two picks look like trash. Pollard isn’t an everydown back and doesn’t deserve a big contract. Go get Henry and run the ball.
I’m sure it depends on cost, right?

I’m sure if there were difference makers available at a reasonable cost, Cowboys would make a move.

We’re in win now mode and the comments or “we like our guys” is just silly.

(I didn’t look at replies yet but I’m sure it’s there. It’s always there)

Bagman

Reaction score
I hate that player acquisition rests on cost. What's the cost difference between missing the playoffs or getting to the NFC championship game. Thats the cost that Bart and Homer should be measuring. Wow, do I hate our ownership.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
The skill positions like WR and RB aren’t the problem. That’s why
Eh, Pollard is leaving something to be desired, not moving the chains enough it seems. Hopefully the line finally gels a little since all the starters are back and Pollard picks it up.

mperfection

Reaction score
I would trade a 5th for Derek Henry and next year’s 1st & Gallup for Devonte Adams:

In 2023, Adams will earn a base salary of $6,030,000, a restructure bonus of $20,000,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,740,000 and a dead cap value of $54,420,000. (Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-veg...Adams will earn,dead cap value of $54,420,000.)
Gallup is due a guaranteed salary of $11 million for the 2023 season. The restructure will reduce Gallup's cap number of $13.8 million. Starting last week with the restructures of quarterback Dak Prescott and guard Zack Martin and now Gallup's deal, the Cowboys created nearly $40 million in cap space. (Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-...allup will earn,dead cap value of $19,000,000.)