Why wouldn’t we trade for another Top notch WR or Henry?

Jipper

Reaction score
this isn't madden and this team isn't 1 player away...what happens if you give a high level pick for a derrick henry and then we get decimated with injuries and finish the year at 7-10? With our schedule, we could have a couple of bad games and some injuries and sprial....then you get stuck with a team missing some high draft picks and another high contract.

Again - not saying tht would happen - just saying we have to be smart

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If the goal is to get more playmakers around Dak why wouldn’t you make a trade? We’re not making it with what we have now and our first two picks look like trash. Pollard isn’t an everydown back and doesn’t deserve a big contract. Go get Henry and run the ball.
if the offensive scheme, play calling and OL is the problem. what would another WR or Henry do for the offense?
don't think of it as fantasy football points.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The skill positions like WR and RB aren’t the problem. That’s why
RB is a YUUUUUUGE problem. Dowdle is OK but isn’t anything earth shattering. Henry would looks and do awesome in the white, blue and sea foam green.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Trading for King Henry would be a expensive luxury but unless this mess of a oline gets fixed even he would perform underwhelmingly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one is going to trade a top-notch WR at this stage of the season, We traded away a top-notch WR for a fifth round pick. Never understood why Tennessee traded away AJ Brown when they don’t even have an elite QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If the goal is to get more playmakers around Dak why wouldn’t you make a trade? We’re not making it with what we have now and our first two picks look like trash. Pollard isn’t an everydown back and doesn’t deserve a big contract. Go get Henry and run the ball.
This front office is all about draft and develop. They have used the trade market, but rarely use fa to sign a big piece.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Fix the O line sounds easy but we have invested massive amounts of money into it along with draft picks. Basically we have thrown the kitchen sink at it. What do we have to show for it?

Zack Martin looking old and broke down holds out for more money and of course gets it. Massive 43 million more down the line.

Tyron Smith still on the books 8 million plus another 14 million down the line. This looks laughable at this point.

Lael Collins still on the books for 8 million if you can believe it.

Terrence Steel on the books for 4 million plus 23 million more down the line.

Tyler Smith a first round pick.

Biadasz is sadly probably the only player currently meeting / exceeding draft level / compensation level.

All that money and all those draft picks on the O line with a 40 million dollar stud QB and all I read about is how we need more weapons. Good grief.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Henry could help us a lot but can’t see the Titans trading him. If they lose to Atlanta on Sunday there’s an outside chance he’s traded.

I don’t agree with trading for another receiver though. We have three highly paid WR’s already and there’s only so many balls to go around.

Mannix

Reaction score
I have to change my tune about all this trade thing. There is a certain ex WR of the Titans who for whatever reason we were led to believe is the future of their team, that for some stupid reason they traded for a bag of pumpkin sees to the Iggles. This WR is a beast, and has single handedly gifted their QB a multi million dollar contract. We were all scratching our heads as to how Philly could pull this off with their cap situation, yet here we are. Now the LVR's have a WR that may have played for our HC back in the day, this dude is not being used and is cleary wanting out and here we are saying because of our cap, etc, we cannot afford him? I have posed on here that we need more than a WR/RB to fix things, but bringing Adams would automatically open up our run game, and also free up Lamb.

As much as we are led to believe he won't be traded, wanna bet some team "this close" will trade for him?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the day

Mannix

Reaction score
Lamb and Cooks certainly don't suck.
Lamb can be contained when teams concentrate on doing so....he is good, but not an EVERYDAY #1. Cook is too small, and a shell of whatever he once was proclaimed to be...we were sold a bill of goods based on
"camp speed".....I took a ration of **** last summer when I said that we have a bottom 5 WR corp....I was correct, and nothing has changed. In fact, we are worse when including TE play, which is non-existent.

Gambit

Reaction score
Zack Martin looking old and broke down holds out for more money and of course gets it. Massive 43 million more down the line.
He's dealing with lower leg injury that's not been fully resolved, He hasn't last his skills

Tyron Smith still on the books 8 million plus another 14 million down the line. This looks laughable at this point
Not accurate. Per Over The Cap he's being paid 8 mil this season $6 mil next season if we cut him pre June 1st no dead money on cap for future years.but the hit is $6 for next season. This makes getting away from easy fairly painless.

Terrence Steel on the books for 4 million plus 23 million more down the line.
This contract isn't that bad. He's returning from an injury and new scheme as well as shorten time working with whole OL are all a contributing factor.

Biadasz is sadly probably the only player currently meeting / exceeding draft level / compensation level.
Tyler Smith is doing this, easily.

The OL is playing poorly right now, but there are contributing factors and as year goes on as long as we stay healthy I'd expect to see improvement as continuity and familiarization with system improves.

Galway

Reaction score
Picks, salary cap etc.

Do you spend a 2nd for a few game rental? Do you overspend to bring them back because you traded for them
At some point you have to go all in...waiting for a dynasty to emerge worrying about next year has not been successful.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
I’ll send a 4th for d Henry in a heartbeat. The money owed in season is about 5-6 mil. If he walks and signs deal we will get a comp 4-5th in 25’ draft. Be smart like the eagles cowboys

starfan1

Reaction score
He's dealing with lower leg injury that's not been fully resolved, He hasn't last his skills

Not accurate. Per Over The Cap he's being paid 8 mil this season $6 mil next season if we cut him pre June 1st no dead money on cap for future years.but the hit is $6 for next season. This makes getting away from easy fairly painless.

This contract isn't that bad. He's returning from an injury and new scheme as well as shorten time working with whole OL are all a contributing factor.

Tyler Smith is doing this, easily.

The OL is playing poorly right now, but there are contributing factors and as year goes on as long as we stay healthy I'd expect to see improvement as continuity and familiarization with system improves.
You got more faith than I do in this line. I said all off season it could be an issue and thus far it has