Why wouldn’t we trade for another Top notch WR or Henry?

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I would trade a 5th for Derek Henry and next year’s 1st & Gallup for Devonte Adams:

In 2023, Adams will earn a base salary of $6,030,000, a restructure bonus of $20,000,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,740,000 and a dead cap value of $54,420,000. (Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/davante-adams-14463/#:~:text=In 2023, Adams will earn,dead cap value of $54,420,000.)
Gallup is due a guaranteed salary of $11 million for the 2023 season. The restructure will reduce Gallup's cap number of $13.8 million. Starting last week with the restructures of quarterback Dak Prescott and guard Zack Martin and now Gallup's deal, the Cowboys created nearly $40 million in cap space. (Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/michael-gallup-25180/#:~:text=In 2023, Gallup will earn,dead cap value of $19,000,000.)
Raiders said no Adams trade.

clff15701

Reaction score
The eagles went and got AJ Brown. The 49ers McCaffry. We have zero excuses when there is talent out there.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we need other guys to run open other than the ones we have now.?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If the goal is to get more playmakers around Dak why wouldn’t you make a trade? We’re not making it with what we have now and our first two picks look like trash. Pollard isn’t an everydown back and doesn’t deserve a big contract. Go get Henry and run the ball.
The problem is not getting more playmakers around Dak, got enough but don't use them or don't know how to use them. Gotta find them. Henry would be running into a stone wall up the middle every time. His strength is off tackle and then find open space. North-South runner.

Twin928

Reaction score
Picks, salary cap etc.

Do you spend a 2nd for a few game rental? Do you overspend to bring them back because you traded for them
I say we trade every 2nd every year we only hit on diggs by luck plz name me another 2nd we hit n the past decade really lol

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have to change my tune about all this trade thing. There is a certain ex WR of the Titans who for whatever reason we were led to believe is the future of their team, that for some stupid reason they traded for a bag of pumpkin sees to the Iggles. This WR is a beast, and has single handedly gifted their QB a multi million dollar contract. We were all scratching our heads as to how Philly could pull this off with their cap situation, yet here we are. Now the LVR's have a WR that may have played for our HC back in the day, this dude is not being used and is cleary wanting out and here we are saying because of our cap, etc, we cannot afford him? I have posed on here that we need more than a WR/RB to fix things, but bringing Adams would automatically open up our run game, and also free up Lamb.

As much as we are led to believe he won't be traded, wanna bet some team "this close" will trade for him?

Shane612

Reaction score
Go get AJ Brown type.
Cowboys have bunch of little skinny guys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mqdefault.jpg

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Raiders said they’re not trading davante and titans said they’re not trading Henry. I don’t believe that they’d say no if someone came and offered a first for Adam’s or a second for Henry. Could be a strategy to get calls but I still don’t see us making moves. I wish we would take the leap like the eagles Niners dolphins rams etc have.

John813

Reaction score
Henry would be inactive here as long as Luepke is here.

Just too much talent here.

rambo2

Reaction score
And Ced Wilson just made an AWESOME catch 2 minutes ago....Booger and Chuckles continue to get lapped by the likes of Howie Roseman. Our WR corp sucks...and has for years....as does TE currently.
Lamb and Cooks certainly don't suck.