Reaction score
FA:
Payne
OBJ
vet CB (because I’m trading Diggs)

Resign:
Steele
Hankins
LVE (no more than reasonable 2 year deal)
Hilton (if cheap)
Fowler
McG if possible cost wise

Trade:
Diggs for rd 1 (take CB with that pick)
Tyron for rd 2 pick (take OT with that pick)
Why would you trade your young top corner for an unproven rookie??? How did trading up work for us with Claiborne??

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd like to:

- Get one of the better DTs in FA
- Bring in a vet RB like a Mostert
- Vet CB
- Vet WR
- Cut Elliott and Lewis

In the draft look OL, DL, WR and CB in those first 3 rounds. Then start looking for a TB in the 4th and 5th rounds (we should have a bunch of picks in that range).

Reactions: G2

visionary

Reaction score
Why would you trade your young top corner for an unproven rookie??? How did trading up work for us with Claiborne??
1. We have to build a physical defense to get past Philly and SF and Diggs is a piece of tissue. We can never have a physical defense with him

2. He will hold out for max dollars around 22+ million and he is not worth it

3. Once he is signed he is untradeable because of the cap hit. He has one more tear on a cheap contract so someone else will give us a rd 1 pick this off season but not next year. Trade him, this is a deep draft for CB, take one with that pick

This is the time to trade him

Sydla

Reaction score
1. We have to build a physical defense to get past Philly and SF and Diggs is a piece of tissue. We can never have a physical defense with him

2. He will hold out for max dollars around 22+ million and he is not worth it

3. Once he is signed he is untradeable because of the cap hit. He has one more tear on a cheap contract so someone else will give us a rd 1 pick this off season but not next year. Trade him, this is a deep draft for CB, take one with that pick

This is the time to trade him
Maybe it's just me but when I look at Philly and their weapons I think I'd rather have a guy who make plays covering their WRs than some physical CB.

I get the whole contract thing, that makes sense. But when I am looking at Philly, I want CBs that can cover and make plays in the passing game. For example, in that first Eagles game, when Brown was covered by Diggs, Brown could only muster two targets and one catch for 11 yards. I couldn't find stats for the 2nd game but I recall there was one big play where Diggs bit on a slant and Brown went upfield for a long catch.

Last edited:

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I'd like to:

- Get one of the better DTs in FA
- Bring in a vet RB like a Mostert
- Vet CB
- Vet WR
- Cut Elliott and Lewis

In the draft look OL, DL, WR and CB in those first 3 rounds. Then start looking for a TB in the 4th and 5th rounds (we should have a bunch of picks in that range).
Line backer???? Need 2 good ones minimum

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
MUST FILL : HB, WR3, LG, 1T, MLB, OLB, CB, K. Those are the biggest needs. HB, 1T and MLB will likely not be a need as they will bring back Pollard, LVE and Hankins

I think the biggest ones that we have to get in the draft are HB, WE, LB, CB, and K. And maybe a QB to start finding the successor to Dak if available.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
FA:
Payne
OBJ
vet CB (because I’m trading Diggs)

Resign:
Steele
Hankins
LVE (no more than reasonable 2 year deal)
Hilton (if cheap)
Fowler
McG if possible cost wise

Trade:
Diggs for rd 1 (take CB with that pick)
Tyron for rd 2 pick (take OT with that pick)

I like this a lot, especially Payne as he's my big target. I'd also tag Pollard just because we are going to need him for one more year. Tagging him, assuming we lose Zeke, means we can use a later draft pick on a RB. Assuming we keep both him and Zeke, that might buy us time until next year to address RB. I'd, as you suggest, then trade Diggs for at least a 1 and Tyron for probably a 3rd (his injury history would likely drop him to there). I'd then use my first two picks on a CB and OT. Then, I'd go WR in round 2. NT and Duggan with my 2 3rds (may be more depending on comp picks). Then, I'd go LB again, Guard, and then maybe RB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hey they could get a 2nd for Tyron!!!
I bet a team would offer their 2035 2nd
No problem!

I could see a 3rd, but definitely not a second. As for Diggs, I get the sense that he's going to be a hold out. He's not worth the money that he's going to be wanting. I'd trade him and try to get a rookie CB to replace him. Not to mention that I think we could squeeze out a first and a 3rd or 4th for him. Sometimes, getting more draft picks can be important.

visionary

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but when I look at Philly and their weapons I think I'd rather have a guy who make plays covering their WRs than some physical CB.

I get the whole contract thing, that makes sense. But when I am looking at Philly, I want CBs that can cover and make plays in the passing game. For example, in that first Eagles game, when Brown was covered by Diggs, Brown could only muster two targets and one catch for 11 yards. I couldn't find stats for the 2nd game but I recall there was one big play where Diggs bit on a slant and Brown went upfield for a long catch.
I can see that
Problem is you can’t pay him and Payne and Parsons on defense and pay CD and your QB top dollar. Someone had to go
Who are the CBs on Philly and SF? They won by front 7 and safety play

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can see that
Problem is you can’t pay him and Payne and Parsons on defense and pay CD and your QB top dollar. Someone had to go

Exactly, and Diggs is worth at least a 1st and a 3rd. I know it's a risk, but I'd rather trade him and try to get another CB than lose him for a comp 3rd. Especially if he does the Cowboys tradition of taking a holiday in Cabo.