Wide Receiver Free Agents

Sydla

Reaction score
I can see that
Problem is you can’t pay him and Payne and Parsons on defense and pay CD and your QB top dollar. Someone had to go
Who are the CBs on Philly and SF? They won by front 7 and safety play
Philly had Slay and Bradberry. Slay is still pretty good and Bradberry was 2nd team All Pro this year. Their CB play was really good. Chaps my butt that Philly picked up Bradberry later in FA on a 1 year deal. Why can't we do stuff like that? Instead we get Nolan Carroll and his level of FA cornerbacks.

On the flipside, yeah, the 49ers had more middling CB play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to:
- Get one of the better DTs in FA
- Bring in a vet RB like a Mostert
- Vet CB
- Vet WR
- Cut Elliott and Lewis
In the draft look OL, DL, WR and CB in those first 3 rounds. Then start looking for a TB in the 4th and 5th rounds (we should have a bunch of picks in that range).
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

WhizKid

Reaction score
I would definitely take a look at Greg Dortch. Young player that showed he can step up. Plays a role that suits Dak well, Especially when CD is outside. Knocking the tires on TY should be in the works. Vet presence who played well and could provide some stable depth. Guys like Juju and Chark are also interesting players to look into. No matter what, we def still have to add a WR through the draft. And I think double dipping in free agency or the draft is also a real option. Maybe find a team who would be willing to move a player for a draft pick.

Lamb
Gallup
Tolbert
DRAFT PICK(1 or 2)
FA (1 or 2)
Turpin

jay94

Reaction score
MUST FILL : HB, WR3, LG, 1T, MLB, OLB, CB, K. Those are the biggest needs. HB, 1T and MLB will likely not be a need as they will bring back Pollard, LVE and Hankins
WR 2 Gallup has always been a no 3 receiver for us, no way you can have faith in that going forward, must address, if he can be a no 2 great, but going into the year would be an epic failure at the position.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Not picking on OP, but in the last couple of days, I've seen people on here insist that we ditch Diggs and trade Micah because this, that, or the other. Do you guys not realize we have two of the very best defenders in the NFL on our team? Did you even take a second to wonder if they are the reason our defense is back from the dead and borderline elite?

Many of you are happy that one of the top offensive coordinators just walked. Why? Why do Dallas fans always have to find a scapegoat? If you have a grievance, why not blame ownership for neglecting the trenches and going after flashy toys throughout the years? Diggs is not the problem, nor is Micah, nor was Kellen. The problem is the inability to keep offensive linemen off of our linebackers, and the inability to establish a consistent running game. Guys like Diggs and Micah go a long ways towards covering our warts and keep us relevant. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Here is a web pages to show all the free agents from every position:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/all/

This team has more holes to fill than they do draft picks. Free agent market in WR/CB are both weak, so the draft might be the attack to fill this areas. So then the free agent market should be looked at in other positions.
LOL, yall are just wasting time looking at the free agent list, that aint how Cap Boy rolls:laugh:

Jstopper

Reaction score
I can see that
Problem is you can’t pay him and Payne and Parsons on defense and pay CD and your QB top dollar. Someone had to go
Who are the CBs on Philly and SF? They won by front 7 and safety play
Did you really just ask who are the CBs on Philly??? Holy smokes. Both of their cornerbacks Darius Slay and James Braderry both made the All-pro team this year :muttley::laugh:

visionary

Reaction score
Did you really just ask who are the CBs on Philly??? Holy smokes. Both of their cornerbacks Darius Slay and James Braderry both made the All-pro team this year :muttley::laugh:
Do you know why? Because of their great DL play. What happened to their defense once Gardner-Johnson went out?

Yeah, look it up you might learn something

visionary

Reaction score
Philly had Slay and Bradberry. Slay is still pretty good and Bradberry was 2nd team All Pro this year. Their CB play was really good. Chaps my butt that Philly picked up Bradberry later in FA on a 1 year deal. Why can't we do stuff like that? Instead we get Nolan Carroll and his level of FA cornerbacks.

On the flipside, yeah, the 49ers had more middling CB play.
Slay and Bradberry look better because of their DL and safety play

The defense really fell off when Gardner-Johnson got injured

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

b0xZZ

Reaction score
As far as WR3.....this team doesn't have a WR2. Gallup has not had over 500 yards receiving for (2) seasons. TWO !
Sorry, can't trust him to be a WR2, he is a WR3 @ best and Brown is a WR4/5. Does this team sign OBJ ( which I wouldn't be thrilled with b/c he is such a diva).
NO WR is going to get full production with Dak routinely missing open passes and throwing the ball to the other team.

phildadon86

Reaction score

LittleD

Reaction score
Lots of receivers coming out this year...draft another one and develop what you have. None of the FA's are young enough or good enough to get overpaid by Stephen.

Iowa_cowboy

Reaction score
While the FA market for WRs isn't very good this year, Darius Slayton is someone who intrigues me. He is a good deep threat. More of a no.3 receiver but still could be a good weapon in an offense that needs a downfield threat imo.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Unless we're moving on from QB1, we will never be 'good enough ' to win a conference or world championship.

And if we're not going to be good enough to win championship, I honestly don't care about retooling the roster just for a 9-8/10-7/11-6 season and a playoff berth that won't end well. Hate this constant state of pergutory with this franchise.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd like to:

- Get one of the better DTs in FA
- Bring in a vet RB like a Mostert
- Vet CB
- Vet WR
- Cut Elliott and Lewis

In the draft look OL, DL, WR and CB in those first 3 rounds. Then start looking for a TB in the 4th and 5th rounds (we should have a bunch of picks in that range).
I like it.

Aven8

Reaction score
They will just get a rookie at Corner. They have Diggs, Bland, and Lewis will be back. The WR pool is awful so look at one early in the draft.