Wide Receiver Free Agents

Sydla

Reaction score
Not picking on OP, but in the last couple of days, I've seen people on here insist that we ditch Diggs and trade Micah because this, that, or the other. Do you guys not realize we have two of the very best defenders in the NFL on our team? Did you even take a second to wonder if they are the reason our defense is back from the dead and borderline elite?

Many of you are happy that one of the top offensive coordinators just walked. Why? Why do Dallas fans always have to find a scapegoat? If you have a grievance, why not blame ownership for neglecting the trenches and going after flashy toys throughout the years? Diggs is not the problem, nor is Micah, nor was Kellen. The problem is the inability to keep offensive linemen off of our linebackers, and the inability to establish a consistent running game. Guys like Diggs and Micah go a long ways towards covering our warts and keep us relevant. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I can kind of get the rationale behind seeing what Diggs might get in the open market. He's going to demand a massive contract and as some have pointed out, you see teams get by with more mid-level CB play because of strong front sevens. Granted, we don't have a really dominant front 7. Not until we get real DTs in here.

But trading Parsons? LOL. That comes from the Dak crowd who are bitter about that QB tweet a couple weeks ago and then the group that has their panties in a bunch over the fact he wished Lane Johnson well. In a league were being able to pressure the QB is a premium, yeah, let's trade a double digit a year sack guy because he praised Lane Johnson and hoped he'd win a SB. This fanbase................ LOL.

EDIT: I would actually get behind a Parsons trade if at the end of the day, we were just blowing this thing all up. But we clearly aren't, so trading away your best defensive player because you don't like his tweets, yowsers.

Reactions: G2

Jstopper

Reaction score
Do you know why? Because of their great DL play. What happened to their defense once Gardner-Johnson went out?

Yeah, look it up you might learn something
REACHHHHHINNGGGG. Slay is a 5 time probowler, and Bradberyy a 2 time pro bowler. I guess the ealges DL helped them make it those other years too :lmao:

Siroky

Reaction score
1. We have to build a physical defense to get past Philly and SF and Diggs is a piece of tissue. We can never have a physical defense with him

2. He will hold out for max dollars around 22+ million and he is not worth it

3. Once he is signed he is untradeable because of the cap hit. He has one more tear on a cheap contract so someone else will give us a rd 1 pick this off season but not next year. Trade him, this is a deep draft for CB, take one with that pick

This is the time to trade him
Agree- trade him in the off season and try to bring Peters and Peterson

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I think we double back to looking at OBJ this off-season if I was a betting man. Not saying he’d fix the problem, but I can see it happening.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can kind of get the rationale behind seeing what Diggs might get in the open market. He's going to demand a massive contract and as some have pointed out, you see teams get by with more mid-level CB play because of strong front sevens. Granted, we don't have a really dominant front 7. Not until we get real DTs in here.

But trading Parsons? LOL. That comes from the Dak crowd who are bitter about that QB tweet a couple weeks ago and then the group that has their panties in a bunch over the fact he wished Lane Johnson well. In a league were being able to pressure the QB is a premium, yeah, let's trade a double digit a year sack guy because he praised Lane Johnson and hoped he'd win a SB. This fanbase................ LOL.

EDIT: I would actually get behind a Parsons trade if at the end of the day, we were just blowing this thing all up. But we clearly aren't, so trading away your best defensive player because you don't like his tweets, yowsers.
Lol, you're not wrong. I'm more of a Dak supporter, but I've been whining for a great defense for years. Parsons is at least consistent for the most part and fun to watch destroy people. I don't know if I trade that fella.
Also agree on your take on a DT. Another thing that's been vacant for a really long time.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FA:
Payne
OBJ
vet CB (because I’m trading Diggs)

Resign:
Steele
Hankins
LVE (no more than reasonable 2 year deal)
Hilton (if cheap)
Fowler
McG if possible cost wise

Trade:
Diggs for rd 1 (take CB with that pick)
Tyron for rd 2 pick (take OT with that pick)
I like these moves. Gosh, I wish you were the GM