Wide Receiver group has a ton of unknowns

rambo2

Reaction score
They have no idea thats why their team hasnt even won back to back playoff games in almost 30 years

What percentage of league has done that?

I know you are on the Jones payroll but it might surprise you to wake to the fact that the objective of playing in the NFL is to win SBs not win regular season games and crap the bed in the post season
They have an idea that they lost to the Packers because of no linebackers which is why they signed Kendricks and drafted Marist. The 1st objective is to win the division and then the NFC to get that chance at a Super Bowl.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well that's your opinion. That's what you think you saw. It's not a fact.

You're probably talking about a vocal few.

I live in tampa and nobody here thought tampa would win. We knew they sucked. 8-9 proves it.

Yes...it most certainly IS a fact that cowboys won. It's also a FACT Tampa was 8-9 LOSERS.
It isn't an opinion it's a fact that a lot of members on here thought they would lose to Brady.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
they brought in Zay Jones but probably lowballed him,i dont think they are comfortable with the WR situation especially with Tolbert at no 3.
I don’t think anyone is real comfortable with Tolbert at number three. They’ll be competition for that spot this summer. I actually like Jalen Brooks potential better than Tolbert. He had a very good camp last summer. I’m surprised he didn’t get more opportunities last season.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is real comfortable with Tolbert at number three. They’ll be competition for that spot this summer. I actually like Jalen Brooks potential better than Tolbert. He had a very good camp last summer. I’m surprised he didn’t get more opportunities last season.
They will be in good shape if Lamb stays healthy and plays like he did last year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not comfortable with Cooks as our number 2…I thought I would be after the trade but feel like he’s lost a step and isn’t quite as explosive.

Ideally we upgrade WR2 making him WR3 but don’t think that’s realistic so we’ll have to hope Tolbert take a massive step forward.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They will be in good shape if Lamb stays healthy and plays like he did last year.
Eventually CeeDee will get injured and one of the other receivers are going to have to step up. We can’t always count on CeeDee. If he doesn’t have a new contract he may not show up for camp.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m not comfortable with Cooks as our number 2…I thought I would be after the trade but feel like he’s lost a step and isn’t quite as explosive.

Ideally we upgrade WR2 making him WR3 but don’t think that’s realistic so we’ll have to hope Tolbert take a massive step forward.
After a slow start Cooks came on the second half of the season. I’m more comfortable with him now than I was after the first half of last season. He still has plenty of speed. He only had a couple of TDs after the first 7 games but had 3 in our last 3 games. As for Tolbert I have my doubts about him. He doesn’t look very impressive to me.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A lot of numbers at the wide receiver position, but a ton of unknowns and could look drastically different in 2025:

-Lamb has become a true #1 receiver in this league. Just a matter of when and how much they are going to resign him for.
-Cooks had somewhat of an disappointing 1st season with the Cowboys and won't be back after this season. You can make an argument that MM just doesn't know how to use him right. Dak struggled to get on the same page with him all last season.
-Tolbert is heading into a make or break season. 3rd rd pick who has yet to make an impact after 2 seasons.
-Brooks was drafted as a special teamer last year, but did look good as a receiver in a small sample size, can push for more snaps.
-Ryan Flournoy is an older prospect that plays the x position. With Gallup gone, he will be in competition to land that role.
-Turpin played well in limited snaps and has earned trust with the coaches, but his main role remains as our returner on special teams

What happens if Lamb goes down?

This is another position where adding a veteran makes a ton of sense with so many young prospects at the position. Really believe we are going to see a top three pick used next year to address this area. Huge pivotal year for Jalen Tolbert.
So we have a bunch of unknowns at WR and unknowns or has beens at RB, 2 rookies on the OLine(both who will play out of position from college), but it will be Dak's fault when we don't win the SB next year.

rambo2

Reaction score
So we have a bunch of unknowns at WR and unknowns or has beens at RB, 2 rookies on the OLine(both who will play out of position from college), but it will be Dak's fault when we don't win the SB next year.
We are doomed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It isn't an opinion it's a fact that a lot of members on here thought they would lose to Brady.
Nope...opinion. Facts are proven and shown. Until then it's your perception.

I never saw it. That is my perception as well.

You might remember a few outspoken people on this forum...okay fine. Bucs were actually home underdogs: "the Buccaneers are 2.5-point home underdogs to the Cowboys with an over/under of 45.5".

https://www.bucsnation.com/2023/1/1...view-nfl-preview-2022-draftkings-betting-odds

Here's a quote from Insidethestar:
The offense will rebound, the defense will force at least one turnover like they have done so well this season, and the Cowboys will win their fourth playoff game in the last 25 years.

Dallas was favored in that game. Against 8-9 losers how could they NOT be? It was no crowing achievement, regardless of what Pappy of Michigan said. Your memory is faulty.

visionary

Reaction score
They have an idea that they lost to the Packers because of no linebackers which is why they signed Kendricks and drafted Marist. The 1st objective is to win the division and then the NFC to get that chance at a Super Bowl.
So before last season our GM and Director of Personnel had no idea that you need real
LBs to stop the run game LOL

It is called Football 101

Yep, no idea how to build a team or evaluate players

rambo2

Reaction score
So before last season our GM and Director of Personnel had no idea that you need real
LBs to stop the run game LOL

It is called Football 101

Yep, no idea how to build a team or evaluate players
Before the season they had Overshown and LVE. Even with the loss of Overshown, they got off to very fast start. Injuries got them, just like it got the 49ers the year before when they ran out of qbs. Do all of the other teams that don't win 12 games not have an idea of how to build a roster?

visionary

Reaction score
Before the season they had Overshown and LVE. Even with the loss of Overshown, they got off to very fast start. Injuries got them, just like it got the 49ers the year before when they ran out of qbs. Do all of the other teams that don't win 12 games not have an idea of how to build a roster?
Im not letting you change the topic

You said they learned last year they need LBs to defend the run

Defend that

rambo2

Reaction score
Im not letting you change the topic

You said they learned last year they need LBs to defend the run

Defend that
It's pretty obvious. They are planning to get bigger with the linebackers and dline.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I dont worry too much about our receivers. I am worried more about our running back room. If we can find a running game that helps those pass catchers out alot. Everything we do should be predicated off the run game. Thats always been Cowboy football at its best over the years. We were lethal when we had guys like Barber,DeMarco,TD, Emmitt, and Zeke early. If we can find a combo that is decent, it makes the receivers look much better. I feel we will see a 3rd wr emerge this year because we have loads of talented guys we brought in that are hungry. Letting Gallup walk might end up being the best offseason move we made player-wise. He was dead weight and a progress stopper.