Wide receiver, Turned to cornerback

RaZon

Reaction score
It's insanely complex. Like playing chess is really simple because it's just pieces moving on a board. NFL defense is basically grandmaster level chess. Your post doesn't really suggest a great deal of intelligence but I do want to thank you. I'm guilty of assuming no one can be as ignorant as so many of the posts here suggest but you have done a great job of disproving that assumption. I wonder why they pay those guys on the sidelines so much though? All they need is a stop watch. Heck you, well not you but maybe someone closer to average could do that.

Dude, do you really think football is hard to figure out? Talk about a lack of intelligence, wow! There is nothing hard to fathom at all, if you get confused with it I can see that, most of us don't.

11 players out there each has been trained/practiced for every situation, so just do what you practiced, wow.....complex!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you that was a good answer. I was just trying to make conversation and he’s people are so freaking childish, I’m tired of debating freaking Prescott statistics
Lets say it were a good time with plenty of training, I'd certainly go with Noah or Cedric because they play special teams and can tackle. And, you're not taking a high level WR/starter.
Or, you could bring up Darian Thompson up from the practice squad, he already has experience in the secondary.
Lastly, you could sign Richard Sherman, Quinton Dunbar or DJ Hayden off FA.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lets say it were a good time with plenty of training, I'd certainly go with Noah or Cedric because they play special teams and can tackle. And, you're not taking a high level WR/starter.
Or, you could bring up Darian Thompson up from the practice squad, he already has experience in the secondary.
Lastly, you could sign Richard Sherman, Quinton Dunbar or DJ Hayden off FA.
I simply started this because brown just not cutting it

RaZon

Reaction score
They are not playing I formation run it up the gut 1960s high school football out there. The game has evolved entirely due to scheme and strategy. I understand it must be difficult to acknowledge that you're just watching the pretty costumes but at least take your pants off your head before posting.

You might think football is complex, not sure why, I don't. Dude, you are looking denser and denser.

So these cornerbacks haven;t practiced every possible scenario, sure they have. Think I'm wasting my time on this know nothing.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude, do you really think football is hard to figure out? Talk about a lack of intelligence, wow! There is nothing hard to fathom at all, if you get confused with it I can see that, most of us don't.

11 players out there each has been trained/practiced for every situation, so just do what you practiced, wow.....complex!
Football is an a lot more intelligent game than one would think. Defenses are so complex. I know what you’re saying. The basics are simple. But try to call the play before the play

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Dang, I guess you don't even need the stop watch. Just be able to count to 11. I know that excludes you but there will be sacrifices.

RaZon

Reaction score
Football is an a lot more intelligent game than one would think. Defenses are so complex. I know what you’re saying. The basics are simple. But try to call the play before the play

Detroit has sucked for years, as has the Washington team, is the reason about schemes and stragedy or players drafted? Football is about the athletes you bring in, you get good players you win ya get bad players ya lose. All that cover 2, trying to get cute on defense means nothing unless you have the athletes.

RaZon

Reaction score
Dang, I guess you don't even need the stop watch. Just be able to count to 11. I know that excludes you but there will be sacrifices.

Dude, recruit/draft is what matters in football, all that.....it's so complex,,,,hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dude, recruit/draft is what matters in football, all that.....it's so complex,,,,hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
My bad. Didn't realize there's no stragedy. I missed out and sure spent a lot of my time for nothing. Could have just told those kids to run faster and started raking in the big bucks. Heck I didn't even know that was a word.

RaZon

Reaction score
My bad. Didn't realize there's no stragedy. I missed out and sure spent a lot of my time for nothing. Could have just told those kids to run faster and started raking in the big bucks. Heck I didn't even know that was a word.

I was right this guy a waste of my time, if football confuses him, ouch!

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I was right this guy a waste of my time, if football confuses him, ouch!
My bet is you couldn't identify one coverage out of 60. If you're ever bored take a look at Dunning Kruger but don't be surprised when you see your picture

RaZon

Reaction score
Yes? I'm assuming you've never heard of a broken coverage? Or a missed assignment? I'm thinking football is quite out of your reach. Might I suggest jacks?

Well I played 20 years organized football, three HS Alumni games and am a football historian. Think I can hang son.

RaZon

Reaction score
Your intellect is awe inspiring. I bet they covered a lot of stragedy

Your lack of intellect is comical, nothing you practice practice practice is complex, ok guy? Everyone on an NFL defense knows the job, ok?

Rookies, sheesh!

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Your lack of intellect is comical, nothing you practice practice practice is complex, ok guy? Everyone on an NFL defense knows the job, ok?

Rookies, sheesh!
It is. You don't know even the basics. Ignorance is OK but you have to be smart enough to know what you don't know. Therein lies the problem

RaZon

Reaction score
It is. You don't know even the basics. Ignorance is OK but you have to be smart enough to know what you don't know. Therein lies the problem

That made no sense at all, we all get the game ok rookie? Stop with the ,,,DUH!,,ok?

My God what a pest.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That made no sense at all, we all get the game ok rookie? Stop with the ,,,DUH!,,ok?

My God what a pest.
You clearly don't. Good news is you're not alone. I know more about it than you could with ten more lifetimes and I know nothing compared to the professionals. It makes perfect sense to anyone with reading comprehension and the ability to reason. Hence your inability to understand.

RaZon

Reaction score
You clearly don't. Good news is you're not alone. I know more about it than you could with ten more lifetimes and I know nothing compared to the professionals.

I think you are talking about something different than I am. I am talking about how the players know their jobs or they aren't out there, so no the game is not complex, what are you talking about?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think you are talking about something different than I am. I am talking about how the players know their jobs or they aren't out there, so no the game is not complex, what are you talking about?
You were talking about corners only needing to be fast. I was attempting to explain to you the complex coverages and reads they are required to understand. A fool's errand for sure.