Will any of you skip the Super Bowl

Proximo

Reaction score
Yup, not watching. Either outcome will result in no joy. Pass.

This about sums it up.

Will check the final score some time Sunday night just to confirm that the Eagles' trophy case is still empty, but I will not watch a single minute of the game (or any of the pregame build up or post game analysis).

I have more enjoyable ways to spend several hours on a Sunday evening.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am not watching.

I detest the Eagles and the Patriots. I honestly do not care who wins; all I know is a team I hate will lose. And this is not jealousy. I am sick and tired of the Patriots, not envious.

And Philadelphia? They are just the beneficiaries of a down year in the NFC. Dallas lost without Zeke, Green Bay lost without Aaron Rodgers, Seattle was wracked by injuries, the Giants imploded, and the Panthers, Falcons, and Saints choked in the playoffs.

The Vikings lucked out on a last second fluke play last week and really didn't belong in the championship game anyway. I guess the Case Keenum love-fest on NFL Network can end, now.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Of course I’m going to watch it because it’s the last game we’ll see for 7 months and because it is the cap stone game of the season.

Now, usually when I watch a game that involves two teams other than the ‘boys, I have to create a “good guy/bad guy” scenario so as to have a rooting interest. No matter the matchup or implications, I can always find a “good guy” situation. In this case, I’ve come across quite the conundrum that is that both teams involved in this SB are the two ultimate “baddies” (for different reasons).

But, in the end the choice is becoming easier to make because the sacred tears of Philly fans are much too sweet to forego.

Cry, Eagles, Cry!

giphy.gif

Sydla, where you at, bro!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll watch it. Not crazy about the match up but it's winter here and it's the Super Bowl.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Patriots-Eagles is my doomsday scenario. I'm skipping the game, cause no matter who wins, it's just going to piss me off.

CapnB

Reaction score
I'll be watching and hoping the Pats beat the crap out of the eagles. David Helman took a twitter poll and there were actually 18% of people who were pulling for the eagles. Considering he covers the cowboys and mostly cowboy fans follow him, that is an alarmingly high percentage of people.

Soth

Reaction score
This May be the first Super Bowl I skipped. No good outcome in seein either of these 2 teams win

Yes, I will probably skip it.

I have not watched a single NFL game, other than cowboys games, in the past two years. Lots of things bother me about the NFL, and they have all been discussed on this board before, but what kills everything for me is the bad officiating.

I don't care if you call it a conspiracy, bad officials, bad luck, whatever. All I know is that every time I watch a cowboys game I see many calls that are inconsistent. The same play is called a hold against Dallas but not against the other team. A dallas player barely touches a hole in the helmet of the opposing player, and it gets called as a facemask, but then we see multiple blatant facemasks against Dallas and they are not called.

I am sure we are not the team suffering from this, and I agree that sometimes we are on the better end of some calls, but the NFL is just not fun for me when I feel like the officials have SO MUCH influence on the outcome. Every time Dallas returns a punt I expect a flag, every time we we get a good run I expect a holding call. I still don't understand what a catch is supposed to mean. And don't even get me started on the Butler penalty against GB...

That being said, I hope the Eagles lose. I can't believe some people here want the Eagles to win. I mean seriously? It's the Eagles man! What would Drew Pearson think?

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This May be the first Super Bowl I skipped. No good outcome in seein either of these 2 teams win

No. I need to witness Eagles go 0-3 in Superbowls.

Brady is greatest of all time. Him winning doesn’t bother me.
He loses players, goes with different roster.

Eagles stay synomous with ZERO.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I used to have similar thoughts and then you realize just how far Bill Belichick is willing to go to install discipline and fear into his players...

Remember a few years ago when Jonas Gray was given a surprise start, shocked the league and ran for 200 yards and 4 TDs in his very start, and then was late practice the Friday after, and was benched (to the point where Belichick sent him to the inactive list) and eventually let go?

Can you imagine that scenario ever playing out in Dallas with Jerry and JG? My goodness, they would put a guy like that on a pedestal, half the people here on CZ would be starting threads titled "Pay the man" and the idea that a player would be sent to bench for being late or god forbid have his contract terminated would be absolutely unthinkable.

The Patriots ended up winning the Superbowl that season.

Over time, I've come to stop making BS up like the fix is in for the Patriots and accept the Belichick is just better than every other coach and his teams are more disciplined than every other team.

LOL...:laugh:

The tuck rule...
Spygate...
Deflategate..
Snow plow game...
IR..gate...SUMMARY: In 1986, the New England Patriots lost a 3rd-round draft pick for the illegal use of the injured reserve list.

IRgate (2013)..
SUMMARY: Reported Micheal David Smith of ProFootballTalk.com: "Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports."

"Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate.

Walkthroughgate (2002)

SUMMARY: In 2008, the local Boston tabloid, The Boston Herald reported -- citing an unnamed and unverified source -- that the New England Patriots had videotaped the St. Louis Rams' February 2002 walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.

The allegation was vehemently denied by Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots organization....Of course it was:grin:

NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell, after meeting with Patriots video man Matt Walsh and 50 other people, cleared the Patriots of any wrongdoing saying "we were able to verify that there was no Rams walkthrough tape" and "no one asked him [Matt Walsh] to tape the walkthrough. He's not aware of anybody else who may have taped the walkthrough. He had not seen such a tape. He does not know of anybody who says there is a tape."

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

As if the Patriots have ever stopped cheating. They are up to something. No doubt in my mind. They just haven't been caught yet...or the league is already in on it...and have turned a blind eye to it.:rolleyes:

If it was just one incident...ok..but look @ the track record. It's in their DNA. They are cheaters. Once a cheat..always a cheat. :(

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Despite my previous sarcastic entry.

Hell yeah I'm watching. I'm going to be wearing my Patriots colors and singing the praises of Tom Brady and the Cheatriots for the entire game.

There's no scenario where I accept that the toilet bowl that is Philly hoists a Lombardi. I won't forget them cheering a possibly paralyzed Michael Irvin, not till I'm in the grave.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
I wanna see Brady throw a walk off game winning TD at the buzzer while taking a career ending hit......that doesn't have long lasting effects on his health.