Video: Will Cain: If we don't make it to NFCGG then Garrett must be fired

Reaction score
How has Jerry sold to his fan base the last couple decades with his meddling which is the core cause of our lack of success.?

Jerry is the one we should be attacking not someone who is a product of his dysfunctional organization.

Unless next puppet up is simply going to make you feel better and provide more hope.

This fans sees the current puppet as our best hope for a consistent contender and potential breakthrough at some point. I’m not really sure it’s possible with Jerry’s ways though. Even when he brought in a Parcells his meddling still curtailed success.
I've done more than my share of Jerry bashing around here. I have no love for how he runs the team. But he owns the Cowboys and there isn't a darn thing any one of us can do about it.

Sadly, he is accountable to no one. But Garrett should be held accountable, but is not.

Will he finally be held accountable this year? The fact that he doesn't have his extension gives me some cause for hope. But I'm not holding my breath.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think I'm quite objective. I'm sure you saw that list of coaches thats made the NFCCG the past 20 years to so and how long it took them.

It's a decade and counting for Garrett. Hasn't sniffed one yet. He should be held accountable for this. But he isn't. The proof that he is not held accountable is that he is still employed. Some are ok with this. Some are not. I'm not.

I am well aware that my blathering on Garrett is likely futile. He is Jerry's boy. But I don't have to like it.
I get it. And we don’t have to like it. I certainly hate how our Football Operations are run. But part of attempting to overcome obstacles is first accepting the core handicap which is preventing the progress needed.

And part of the problem is finding viable solutions to our core issue. We’ve had much more proven and experienced coaches come in here trying to coexist with Jerry but no less success.

We’ve finally have found a HC who’s willing to take a back seat to our owners tremendous Ego while influencing the drafts and personnel moves building arguably most talented roster this era.

He just needs a break through for everyone to appreciate his contributions making this franchise appear more normal than it has since Jimmy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I certainly trust their opinions , credentials and objectivity more than some anonymous fans on the internet. Lol

Doesn't take an "insider" to see that Garret's record in Dallas is sub par and that few other teams hold onto coaches with his thin post season record. He's Jerry's pet cat and the league knows it. Dallas media just can't talk about it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've done more than my share of Jerry bashing around here. I have no love for how he runs the team. But he owns the Cowboys and there isn't a darn thing any one of us can do about it.

Sadly, he is accountable to no one. But Garrett should be held accountable, but is not.

Will he finally be held accountable this year? The fact that he doesn't have his extension gives me some cause for hope. But I'm not holding my breath.
But Garrett is a product of Jerry not being held accountable. It’s all part of the web he has woven.

I’m not sure how fans will hold him accountable for Garrett if they aren’t willing to hold Jerry accountable?

Are they going to walk away, stop watching or stop buying merchandise? How will they make Jerry pay or hold his feet to the fire?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Doesn't take an "insider" to see that Garret's record in Dallas is sub par and that few other teams hold onto coaches with his thin post season record. He's Jerry's pet cat and the league knows it. Dallas media just can't talk about it.
Sure they can talk about it. Some of the most trusted sportswriters have called Jerry out for over two decades.

Jerry and the Cowboys operate differently than the rest of the league. But why he is Jerry’s pet cat? Jerry can hire anyone he wants. Why hasn’t he?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will Cain: If we don't make it to NFCGG then Garrett must be fired
giphy.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure they can talk about it. Some of the most trusted sportswriters have called Jerry out for over two decades.

Jerry and the Cowboys operate differently than the rest of the league. But why he is Jerry’s pet cat? Jerry can hire anyone he wants. Why hasn’t he?

He is Jerry's pet cat and project b/c Jerry said so himself. He has referred to garret learning on the job numerous times over the years. He absolutely did not earn his promotion to OC nor the promotion to HC............and time has proven that out. He's struggling.

You can look forward all you want and be optomistic but you cannot re-write what has already happened to suite your own narrative.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I mean who is Jerry going to find who is better and doesn’t care that he and Stephen are in the limelight? I mean I don’t follow other teams that much but I don’t hear much from other owners and GMs, while Jerry is in the news saying something every week.
I think that is a moot point because I don't see any HC's looking for the limelight, most hate to give interviews and Belichick makes a joke out of it.

That will not hinder any HC from being interested in the job. The major ? is just how much are the Joneses involved in the actual decisions regarding the team? And are those decisions possible derailments to success?

The Cowboys have the talent and the money to interest any HC, the only real ? is if he's a QB whisperer type of coach, will Prescott be a lure or deterrent to him. Look at Payton, he's had a Tier 1 QB and has managed to get one ring.

The real ? for me, and deciding factor about Garrett, is how involved is he in the construction of the team and was that what he was referring to as the "process". Convincing Booger that the lines and the D were critical elements of that 90's team as well as the triplets. Has that been the "process" and he's as much responsible for the talent level as McClay?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is Jerry's pet cat and project b/c Jerry said so himself. He has referred to garret learning on the job numerous times over the years. He absolutely did not earn his promotion to OC nor the promotion to HC............and time has proven that out. He's struggling.

You can look forward all you want and be optomistic but you cannot re-write what has already happened to suite your own narrative.
Who said I’m looking forward to anything and or being optimistic. I’m not disputing he’s Jerry’s pet cat. I’m asking why do you think that is. There in lies our core issue.

I have little hope we’ll ever win another championship with Jerry’s agendas and have less hope the next puppet will be any better. I just see this puppet as the best I’ve seen this era as we’ve built a consistent contender despite our dysfunctional organization.

And if we’re going to be stuck with a puppet, Garrett is one I can root for. And one who’s given me more hope than any other puppet.

It doesn’t look like to me everyone is accepting our situation with Jerry if they have hope he’s changing now.

Zordon

Reaction score
Who said I’m looking forward to anything and or being optimistic. I’m not disputing he’s Jerry’s pet cat. I’m asking why do you think that is. There in lies our core issue.

I have little hope we’ll ever win another championship with Jerry’s agendas and have less hope the next puppet will be any better. I just see this puppet as the best I’ve seen this era as we’ve built a consistent contender despite our dysfunctional organization.

And if we’re going to be stuck with a puppet, Garrett is one I can root for. And one who’s given me more hope than any other puppet.

It doesn’t to me like everyone is accepting our situation with Jerry if they have hope he’s changing now.
I actually see very little connection between Jerry's meddling and our current issues. I give him credit for building a very good roster. The issue is what we're getting from the HC on Sundays.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually see very little connection between Jerry's meddling and our current issues. I give him credit for building a very good roster. The issue is what we're getting from the HC on Sundays.
Jerrys meddling is responsible for not having a greater HC . Along with his pursuit to gain more credit than he received with Jimmy for building the 90’s team.

I give Jerry credit as well. I also credit Jason for his influence with Jerry.

Jerry not wanting a more credible HC is unfortunately a sacrifice we must endure on Sundays. It’s one of those obstacles our handicap must attempt to overcome.

If we hadn’t been close I’d have no hope at all.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerrys meddling is responsible for not having a greater HC . Along with his pursuit to gain more credit than he received with Jimmy for building the 90’s team.

I give Jerry credit as well. I also credit Jason for his influence with Jerry.

Credit for what? Building a talented roster with a head coach that doesn't know how to manage a game?

Jerry is the root of the problem. I know. His ego and inability to let a HC lead the football team has been a problem he hasn't been able to work out since Jimmy left. I do , however, think he can get a coach who is more capable on game day and making those in-game adjustments that matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Credit for what? Building a talented roster with a head coach that doesn't know how to manage a game?

Jerry is the root of the problem. I know. His ego and inability to let a HC lead the football team has been a problem he hasn't been able to work out since Jimmy left. I do , however, think he can get a coach who is more capable on game day and making those in-game adjustments that matter.
We’ve already had a few HC this era who were more capable on Game Day but unable to coexist with Jerry continuing to influence his instincts in building the team.

Unfortunately with Jerry, it doesn’t look like we can have it both ways. And why I’m supportive of this current situation.

Bill, Wade and even Chan were all more qualified on Game Day but none were able to coexist within the parameters Jerry allows to continue influencing better team building instincts.

And I seriously doubt barring a total collapse Jerry is willing to bring in a more proven HC to steal this thunder after all of these years.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Then kick him upstairs and get a competent coach who isn't constantly owned by opposing head coaches.

It's been a decade and all this team does with him as HC is wheel spinning and getting nowhere.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. I've said this for at least the last 5 years. Nothing saying Jerry should kick Jason completely out of the organization. My feeling is give him a position in the FO and get (as you said) a viable (or as you described competent) head coach who can actually get to the next step. Look, I'm not demanding the Cowboys win the SB. I'm just asking that we at least get to the dance... It would be a huuuuuge step in the right direction...

Last edited:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
We’ve already had a few HC this era who were more capable on Game Day but unable to coexist with Jerry continuing to influence his instincts in building the team.

Unfortunately with Jerry, it doesn’t look like we can have it both ways. And why I’m supportive of this current situation.

Bill, Wade and even Chan were all more qualified on Game Day but none were able to coexist within the parameters Jerry allows to continue influencing better team building instincts.

And I seriously doubt barring a total collapse Jerry is willing to bring in a more proven HC to steal this thunder after all of these years.

:hammer:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you kidding? Booger is more spotlight focused that he's ever been. These contracts were just the ticket and he hasn't even taken advantage of the point man for the owners in the CBA yet. He is in full Kardashian mode.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Look, Garrett can leave tomorrow and I wouldn't care (I don't think he's great or terrible, just kinda there), but the fact this man is still out there scares the hell out of me:

f979084f-32be-4357-8195-07cec185cc04.jpg

Just imagine the press conference, with Jerry smacking his lips and stammering telling us about how Fisher is the guy to "Bring the Super Bowl back to tha Dallus Cahboys ~car salesman wink~".

Even the biggest Garrett hater should be careful what they wish for, Jerry is perfectly capable of finding someone much worse.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, Garrett can leave tomorrow and I wouldn't care (I don't think he's great or terrible, just kinda there), but the fact this man is still out there scares the hell out of me:

f979084f-32be-4357-8195-07cec185cc04.jpg

Just imagine the press conference, with Jerry smacking his lips and stammering telling us about how Fisher is the guy to "Bring the Super Bowl back to tha Dallus Cahboys ~car salesman wink~".

Even the biggest Garrett hater should be careful what they wish for, Jerry is perfectly capable of finding someone much worse.
And has before.

catiii

Reaction score

I'm just going to guess using Psychology 1101, that Jerry's decisions become an extension of himself, and validate his ego, which means cognitive dissonance plays a huge part in why he is unable to admit he's wrong by ditching JG.
He would have to admit he's failed and I don't think he can do that as long as there is no personality conflict. He's got to have a reason other than himself.