Will Cowboys seek new OL coach?

quickccc

Reaction score
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the
questionable current OL coach Mike Solari ?

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having
their better years, and RBs not having their better years ?

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

Panthers ex-OL coach James Campen
charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Solari had anything to do with the run blocking scheme. He should be run out of town. I really don’t understand how career position coaches that have never had success keep getting hired.
Scrub RBs.

Look who they had at RB.

RxMan

Reaction score
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the
questionable current OL coach Mike Solari ?

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having
their better years, and RBs not having their better years ?

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

Panthers ex-OL coach James Campen
charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg
New HC Bill Callahan?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why blame Sol for the mess at RB?

Plus we gonna lose our LT1 and C1 to UFA.

Plus throw in big Mikes Basic offense.

We have to be real.
There were no run lanes. Whomever decided to keep rolling Edoga out to LT when we have Tyler Smith who was a great LT AND Edoga was clearly a better Guard than Tackle is a moron. He brought zero value to the coaching staff.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Why blame Sol for the mess at RB?

Plus we gonna lose our LT1 and C1 to UFA.

Plus throw in big Mikes Basic offense.

We have to be real.

You’re the position coach that defenders meet the RB almost as soon as he’s handed the ball. Your QB under the best of circumstances has a quicker release but if he doesn’t he’s immediately under pressure and it’s sack time .
Yes the Cowboys need an upgrade in talent at OL I’ve been saying that but a new position coach is in order .

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’d be fine with a change and bringing Campen in. Not sure it happens but we will see. Callahan is the head coach in Tennessee now and Carolina has canales who let go of Campen

Last edited:

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
They need to. Clearly something wasn't working with the OL last year. Even though we had all the same guys out there.

Gambit

Reaction score
McCarthy wasn't specific but mentioned yesterday there were still a few things on offensive side of the ball when talking about hiring coaches.

Shortly after it was announced Robert Prince WR coach resigned with the team (only one who wasn't under contract).

I'm not saying firing Solari won't happen, I think most of us agree it should, but I think they will focus more on Defense first.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rather hire Marc Columbo. Hès available and been here before as a player etc. He played here when Zimmer was the D coord. I think Solari might be gone.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He would have already been fired if they were going to do it......to be honest, I'm not sure he's the problem. We started the season with Pollard as our main back. He recently admitted to not feeling himself until game 11. Stephen/MM passed on a chance to trade Derrick Henry.
For the season we had 468 rushing attempts for 1920 yards. That is about 27 per game, which is pretty good but the problem the bulk of that was with a timid RB who averaged 14 yards per game. Notice offensive rankings ........nearly all stats were ranked single digits except run game. My point is, that if the OLine coach was that bad, he would have impacted the passing game negatively IMO. In other words, IMO it's not the OLine coach. We need a better RB and playcalling/designs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2023.htm