Will Cowboys seek new OL coach?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Oh wow that’s actually big news. I didn’t realize he left Cleveland. That’s a huge loss for Cleveland
Yep.....he was still under contract to the Browns but according to their HC, he wanted a chance to coach with his son. They didn't wanna stand in the way of that.

1942willys

Reaction score
I do not think Solari is a top OL coach; the run schemes were not good. the substitution situation stank

Now the problems were injuries and Steele simply not being on IR like he should have been
Also RB was not in good shape either

Big problem was the Coaches and trainers not properly evaluating players. Neither Pollard nor Steele were ready for the season and should not have been playing; and this should have been planned for AND WAS NOT

John813

Reaction score
I doubt it. He was with our OC in Seattle and with McCarthy in Green Bay.

With MM being a lame duck, I doubt the Jones duo wants to fire anyone still under contract this year.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust me, you don't want Mike's old offensive line coach from Green Bay.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the
questionable current OL coach Mike Solari ?

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having
their better years, and RBs not having their better years ?

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

Panthers ex-OL coach James Campen
charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg
exactly what do you even know about this cat????

quickccc

Reaction score
exactly what do you even know about this cat????

James Campen si not only a long time ex-OL coach for McCarthy, but he also runs Big Mac;s much preferred zone block scheme.
And GB has a reputation for grooming less heralded OL guys into Pro bowlers.
Guys like TJ Bass would be great fits for Campen/GB like approach

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James Campen si not only a long time ex-OL coach for McCarthy, but he also runs Big Mac;s much preferred zone block scheme.
And GB has a reputation for grooming less heralded OL guys into Pro bowlers.
Guys like TJ Bass would be great fits for Campen/GB like approach
he excelled well in the zone blocking scheme in college!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg
I don't know why don't you give Mike a call and let us know what he says..lol drop him an e-mail with your suggestions and let us know how he responds lol:muttley:

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Certainly hope so, but I wouldn't get my hopes up as Jerry doesn't like to eat assistant coach contracts.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nate Newton loves Solari, thinks he's an excellent coach.
Yup.

A lot of fans on here said we didnt need an elite RB. That scrubs could get it done.

Of course it didn't work out.

Now, to keep that agenda going, they are trying blame the entire OL and Solari.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The best oline coaches are the ones that keep it simple stupid. Mano Y mano, beat the guy in front of you, know who you gotta block and get it done. Thats why I liked Marc Columbo and Coach Houck when he was here.