Will Cowboys seek new OL coach?

conner01

Reaction score
Why blame Sol for the mess at RB?

Plus we gonna lose our LT1 and C1 to UFA.

Plus throw in big Mikes Basic offense.

We have to be real.
Tyron I think comes back. Biadasz is easily replaced. Solari needs to go but he’s a MM guy so doubt he goes. RB wasn’t the main issue since many times the RB was hit in the backfield and there were no holes

quickccc

Reaction score
Rather hire Marc Columbo. Hès available and been here before as a player etc. He played here when Zimmer was the D coord. I think Solari might be gone.
Why is Marc columbo still available? Does no team want him as even an ol assistant ?

Maybe Marc is too hit headed and temperamental to work with some other coaches?
Maybe his tirant incident vs Giants HC after his firing set off the wrong vibes league wide ?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup.

A lot of fans on here said we didnt need an elite RB. That scrubs could get it done.

Of course it didn't work out.

Now, to keep that agenda going, they are trying blame the entire OL and Solari.
at 10 million one should have been able to do something

Mr_437

Reaction score
The lack of play design, creativity or commitment to running the ball has been sweep under the table, and it was so bad someone should be replaced. If Dallas runs it back with the same scheme, and just replace the RB it will be the same results...trash.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James Campen si not only a long time ex-OL coach for McCarthy, but he also runs Big Mac;s much preferred zone block scheme.
And GB has a reputation for grooming less heralded OL guys into Pro bowlers.
Guys like TJ Bass would be great fits for Campen/GB like approach
him

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The lack of play design, creativity or commitment to running the ball has been sweep under the table, and it was so bad someone should be replaced. If Dallas runs it back with the same scheme, and just replace the RB it will be the same results...trash.
up the middle up the middle same style of play, I think we run it just to say we run it

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyron I think comes back. Biadasz is easily replaced. Solari needs to go but he’s a MM guy so doubt he goes. RB wasn’t the main issue since many times the RB was hit in the backfield and there were no holes
I think we lose both of them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the
questionable current OL coach Mike Solari ?

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having
their better years, and RBs not having their better years ?

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

Panthers ex-OL coach James Campen
charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg
Need a list of OL coaches, preferences available just to get started.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Running game failure:

causes:

1] KMoore left
2] Zeke left
3] Big Mike and the Basic offense took over.
4] Scrub RBs
5] Pay Tony $10 Million even though his leg was wrecked

solution:

1] Blame the Pro Bowl/All Pro OL
2] Blame Solari

quickccc

Reaction score
Running game failure:

causes:

1] KMoore left
2] Zeke left
3] Big Mike and the Basic offense took over.
4] Scrub RBs
5] Pay Tony $10 Million even though his leg was wrecked

solution:

1] Blame the Pro Bowl/All Pro OL
2] Blame Solari
" Leg was bent - broken backwards " as you repeatedly termed it ... :p

quickccc

Reaction score
Need a list of OL coaches, preferences available just to get started.
Would have to be zone scheme oriented OL coach. per McCarthy's preference.

That's one of the reasons why he replaced a very effective, but power oriented Marc Columbo
as OL coach, with one of his longtime buddies - Joe Philibin.

Otherwise i wouldn't mind a long look at Mike Munchak as a possible OL coach replacement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why is Marc columbo still available? Does no team want him as even an ol assistant ?

Maybe Marc is too hit headed and temperamental to work with some other coaches?
Maybe his tirant incident vs Giants HC after his firing set off the wrong vibes league wide ?
maybe. If hes so good, why is he available? Where have we heard that before?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Now with the vacant DC coach role now filled with Mike Zimmer new hire ... will Cowboys seek a new OL coach and replace the
questionable current OL coach Mike Solari ?

Or will we keep Solari another year here ? Same scheme, same run game scheme, same OL philosophy, and players not having
their better years, and RBs not having their better years ?

BTW, i noticed that the Carolina Panthers (under new HC Bill Callahan) have fired OL coach James Campen who was long time OL coach for
McCarthy back in his GB Packers years - if Big Mac was interested in his ole long time buddy,.. this would be best time to acquire Campen.

Panthers ex-OL coach James Campen
charlotte-north-carolina-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-looks-on-during-the-second-half-of.jpg
I don't know much about Campen, but I do remember some of those good GB teams making it work with patch work lines pretty regularly. I trust McCarthy's judgement if he choses to move in that direction.

I'm also not convinced Solari needs to be replaced. Both Smith's and Biadasz had good to great seasons. Martin was pretty good, but not what we've become accustomed to, but he is getting older. Nobody can be the best forever. Steele was the weak link and I'm sure that had alot to do with the injury.

Much of the perceived issues we saw with the line stemmed from the inability to address the RT position, and the neglect of the RB position. Can we really fault Solari here?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Rather hire Marc Columbo. Hès available and been here before as a player etc. He played here when Zimmer was the D coord. I think Solari might be gone.
He’s been out of the league for 3 seasons.

Premium coaches do not go jobless. The Jones and fans here have to stop falling for someone who was a name years ago. If he was a coveted coach, some NFL team or top college program would employ him.

Solari being hired lat year is a joke and is just Jerry surrounding himself with grateful has been’s and never was’s.