Will Dak have his new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak sign a new long term deal by July 15th?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Deal.
Let him play on the tag. Further prove himself.

The only way a deal is done, the team caves to get cap relief to sign Clowney, or trade for Adams to work out a new deal. Which I doubt either is on the teams radar.

Redline360

Reaction score
Honestly I don't care at this point however Jerry is going to give him a big contract eventually.

Dak is going to put up monster numbers again in this loaded offense that is no secret. I honestly think the offense can get by on an average/ slightly above average quarterback at this point. Unfortunately we still are missing key positions on defense which I would shore up first.

Sadly Daks career is turning into Romo 2.0. Great quarterback but his postseason success is what kills him when the defense has been swiss cheese bar a couple years.

Hopefully the defense turns itself around with the talent we added however out of all the coaching staff changes Nolan was my least favorite.

Praxit

Reaction score
...meh, I believe they will let him play out this year. So how he does with Big Mike.

Jipper

Reaction score
I see this going one of 3 ways....and everyone on this board falls into one of the 3 buckets....funny what punctuation can do...

No! Deal?

No Deal!

No deal?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No Deal.
Let him play on the tag. Further prove himself.

The only way a deal is done, the team caves to get cap relief to sign Clowney, or trade for Adams to work out a new deal. Which I doubt either is on the teams radar.

At least 5,000 yards passing?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No arguing with most of that....but

2nd Tag

Using OVER THE CAP figures the 2021 CAP will raise by $17m to $215m.....but

We are left with $36m (+whatever we carry over) to fill: QB, QB2, 2 Safeties, 1 or 2 Edge Rushers, LB, CB ...minimum

The amount of money and contracts we'd have to restructure would seriously mess up the future finances.

Probably keeping us paying Coop, DLaw and Zeke guaranteed money way to long.....or extending Smith /Martin into their late 30's. Could try Collins but doubt he'd go for it (he'd be looking at extending after 2022).

What happens if going into 2021 Dak/ his agents threaten to hold out?

We dont have the available CAP to get a Dalton type back up and we're not going to be able to replace the above Free Agent needs...the Cowboys will be in limbo and ALL of the negotiating power is with Dak.
Well they can fill some needs thru the draft, and they could move on from dak depending on how he plays this season.
Otherwise as you say, it will be a problem trying to continue building a good team. And Dak has the power now, and will later,
because the jones boys want him and are not willing to make a bold move concerning the QB position.
That gives Dak the power.

And I have to say if you look at Daks demands, he seems to be self concerned, about making max money, not building a team
to win a SB.
Either he doesnt care about winning a SB, or he thinks he can win one with any decent team, because he is so good, or he
does not realize what all it takes to have a team good enough to win one.
Dak has never experienced being on a really bad team , and I think that he just doesnt realize what it would be like .
And maybe he doesnt care as long as he is making 35 to 40 mil a year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Daks deal will be done by next week at the latest, wouldn't be surpassed if the extension comes in the next few days.

Qcard

Reaction score
After Mahomes deal....

I change my mind ....Yes Dak will get a long term deal.
Jerry can't risk a deep playoff run with Dak on Tag....then we are taking Mahomes numbers....Wow

Change vote @PAPPYDOG :lmao2:

morat1959

Reaction score
Having dalton changes the game . Dak will have to win now or move out . No more excuses of bad coaches etc etc ..l time to win the big games and not just the soft schedule . And if the running game stalls , and Dak starts to struggle as usual , fans will be asking for Dalton to come In .
This will happen. Mark it! Dak is what he is.