Will Dallas make a splash today?

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
There it is, a whole day of ''working the phones'' and absolutely nothing to show for it, as usual. Anyone surprised? :lmao:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Awful. They wouldn’t give up a later round pick for talent? Even a 3rd?

They are so stubborn. It’s we built this team it’s good enough while the other top nfc contenders make moves.

Derick Henry woulda been a great pickup…. Even for a 2nd-3rd.

It’s called taking a risk.. going for it. Something this front office lacks… and it’ll be another first round exit and “aww schucks well be better next year” press conference late in the season

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I have no problem here.

The problem is folks, the Cowboys know, just like you and I know, that the short term success, at least in the postseason, well ultimately come down to Dak and how well he does. So why depelte ourselves of more draft capital, especially after we lost a fourth, just to put ourselves in better position to get into the postseason, when it will ultimately come down to how well Dak and the offense performs. A trade today would have certainly meant no guarantees, Even if that meant Henry.

Cowboys are in a crossroads right now. Not bad enough to go totally rebuild, but yet probably not good enough to win it all either. We in purgatory folks!

shabazz

Reaction score

They are so stubborn. It’s we built this team it’s good enough while the other top nfc contenders make moves.

It’s called taking a risk.. going for it. Something this front office lacks… and it’ll be another first round exit and “aww schucks well be better next year” press conference late in the season
This FO lives in a vacuum. No need for an independent GM.

Of course a quarter century of playoff success forgives this ideology.

stinkface

Reaction score
Only way Dallas makes a splash is if Jerry does a bellyflop off the low board.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
The only splash being made is Jerrah in the toilet after drinking his tall glass of Metamucil.

Jipper

Reaction score
This FO lives in a vacuum. No need for an independent GM.

Of course a quarter century of playoff success forgives this ideology.
just playing devils advocate, we already made our "trades" in the offseason....we dont have a 4,5,6 round pick next year and a ton of contracts coming up...not a good spot to be in with 1) a lack of draft capital and 2) a lot of players that will need contracts. It would have been great for them to get someone that would have really helped but its also a bit hard to stomach giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick with the value those picks can bring (esp as rookie contracts).

I get why they had to just stand pat

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Will see how this all plays out, with our 2 biggest rivals both doing something before the trade deadline and the Lions having hit on a lot of their draft picks. The rubber is about to meet the road.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score

The Titans announced they weren't trading Henry a few days ago.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
No need for a splash, I'd rather them simply add depth at LB and on the o-line, if possible (but good ones aren't easy to find).

And really, sometimes it's better to go with the people you have, who already know your schemes and plays.

I want the draft picks, I want this team to add more youth at key positions.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Just means they get to count our money on their yacht sooner this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have no problem here.

The problem is folks, the Cowboys know, just like you and I know, that the short term success, at least in the postseason, well ultimately come down to Dak and how well he does. So why depelte ourselves of more draft capital, especially after we lost a fourth, just to put ourselves in better position to get into the postseason, when it will ultimately come down to how well Dak and the offense performs. A trade today would have certainly meant no guarantees, Even if that meant Henry.

Cowboys are in a crossroads right now. Not bad enough to go totally rebuild, but yet probably not good enough to win it all either. We in purgatory folks!
Dak is going to play as well as his supporting cast. There are no guarantees anyone will win it all no matter who they trade for. But fortune favors the bold. My target would have been Davante Adams.