CFZ Will Dallas Really Run More in 2023? Why?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Thought me and ksboys were having a discussion....where was this "premise" told to me before? /Seems like it would just be easier for you to state what the premise is rather than talk in code?
Not talking in code bro, ignore my posts if you can't communicate rationally.
Wasn't trying to interrupt, just thought the conversation was interesting and was just commenting.
My apologies.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not talking in code bro, ignore my posts if you can't communicate rationally.
Wasn't trying to interrupt, just thought the conversation was interesting and was just commenting.
My apologies.
I think there's a misunderstanding here. I really don't know what's going on lol. It could purely be me the confused one here. I

Its not that serious I'm just trying to gain some understand what I'm missing. I honestly don't understand going empty backs on 3rd and 2. It just doesn't make sense to me and if anyone wants to help me understand it I'm more than willing to listen I just don't get it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I mean all he had to say was he didn't win 12 wins...he wanted to be too creative for his own good lol. Wins are a QB stat when its convenient for them lol.
He thinks he is soooo clever. Funniest is when he corners himself and squirms trying to get out-of his own conflict statements...even when you show him his own statements. He just disappears for 5 or 6 days thinking people forget and moved to another topic.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Big Mike has declared, "I want to run the damn ball!" Many here cheer that message on. Pound the rock, baby!

Hmmm.....What would more running look like?

We were pass happy under Kellen Moore, right? Well...quite the opposite, in fact. In 2022 Dallas had the sixth most carries in the NFL. 531 rushing plays.

Interesting to look at the five teams who ran the ball more than Dallas:
-Falcons, Bears, Eagles, Commanders and Browns. Of those only the Eagles had a winning record.
-The Eagles had more carries than Dallas, but 30% of all Eagles carries were by QB Jalen Hurts. A lot of that on scrambles.

When you adjust for QB scramble runs...Kellen Moore called more run plays than even the Eagles.

It could be argued that the Falcons, Bears, Commanders and Browns only ran so much because they lacked a skilled passer. It sure didn't work out for them

So I ask you: Do you really think Big Mike is going to increase the reliance on the run game? And for the run-heavy fans here...walk me through it. WHY!?
OK, I am going to shock all of you...He Wants Dak to get out of the pocket and run more to go along with a strong running game.

When the big M&M was green he had Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy go over 1K yards multiple years from 2006-2018. But the most shocking thing is he had Aaron Rodgers finish the no.2, no.3, no.4 rusher nearly every year of his time in Greenbay.

This is his mode of operating an offense with a QB that can gain yards on the ground. Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Brooks, and Alex Smith all were known for there running skills out of the pocket. Dak who is lager (ht./wt.) than all of these QBs still has 4.75-4.8 speed. That is enough to make defense worry about him taking off instead of standing back there getting sacked.

Finally in all his days as an OC and HC when he gets inside the 10 yard line, McCarthy runs the ball with RB, FB, and QB. This leaves the TE open on play action and we know He likes TEs in the redzone to go along with running TDs. This is not the Jason Garrett or Kellen Moore M.O.

So yes he is going to run the damn ball more at the QB position and more inside the red zone.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
OK, I am going to shock all of you...He Wants Dak to get out of the pocket and run more to go along with a strong running game.

When the big M&M was green he had Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy go over 1K yards multiple years from 2006-2018. But the most shocking thing is he had Aaron Rodgers finish the no.2, no.3, no.4 rusher nearly every year of his time in Greenbay.

This is his mode of operating an offense with a QB that can gain yards on the ground. Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Brooks, and Alex Smith all were known for there running skills out of the pocket. Dak who is lager (ht./wt.) than all of these QBs still has 4.75-4.8 speed. That is enough to make defense worry about him taking off instead of standing back there getting sacked.

Finally in all his days as an OC and HC when he gets inside the 10 yard line, McCarthy runs the ball with RB, FB, and QB. This leaves the TE open on play action and we know He likes TEs in the redzone to go along with running TDs. This is not the Jason Garrett or Kellen Moore M.O.

So yes he is going to run the damn ball more at the QB position and more inside the red zone.
Yes his route reads are quicker than the "4 Option route find the open man" read KM had...MM will want the ball out on the 3rd read or throw it away or run.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Once again just stats. If you watch the games they did not run the ball when needed and it compromised our offense. They was more just hush runs to keep the ratio balance. Recall the playoffs 2nd and 2 we go 5 wide?