Will Deion become the next HC?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly, I would have you were crazy 3-4 years ago but what I see now is the first coach that reminds me of Jimmy Johnson. Not a big x&o guy, but man his psychological impact on his players/team is off the chart.
Something interesting is he and Aikman butted heads as Cowboy teammates but guess who was one of the first big-time NFL to visit his Jackson State team.

I don't see him leaving Colorado after just one season but he has Jerry and the Cowboys written all over him........biggest stage for the best marketing sports team in the world.
Not unless his son is in Dallas.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You also don’t recruit in football, meaning a kid has options, you have to draft in the pros. Imagine going to a QB like Herbert, Burrow. Mahomes, Marino, Elway, Aikman, Moon or any other elite talent coming of out college m and saying. “Come to play on my team.” That’s college.. These youngsters in large part are enamored by guys like Deion, who they saw dominate and also loved his brash style with the media.
These kids in college never seen Deon play

blueblood70

Reaction score
He has won 2 games...
Exactly read my responses the dude is in a conference I don't even know the name of I didn't pay attention I don't know what Colorado plays in and he's won two games and yet guys like Nick Saban and Myers and Chip Kelly and the the old Arkansas head coach I mean there's been better coaches from college and bigger conferences that did huge things and came in and failed in the NFL and yet they think Dion is already writing his own ticket way to overreact...

I mean seriously I I like that deon is turning this program around and he's having success but I mean do we want Jason Garrett here again because that is what a lot of these dudes turn into when they try to jump from college to the NFL...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Deion doesn't believe his way would work with grown men.

He's coaching kids, who are still trying to find themselves and possibly a career in the league. I'd imagine the egos and mindsets are monumentally different when dealing with multi-million dollar pros.
This right here!

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where did all this hate for Prime come from?
It's not hate I'm actually proud and glad for him I'm glad for his kids that he's done so well at Jacksonville and now two and oh in Colorado but when someone saying that he already somehow can write his ticket to the NFL it's disrespectful to NFL head coaches especially ones that have been here and had success Jason Garrett may have been an average coach but look at his record you think deon Sanders just can make that jump from college to here when Nick Saban and Myers couldn't Bing two and O in a week conference where they average team it's a small sample size that people are trying to bring people down from this little hype train the fumes are making people have big heads to start a post that deon Sanders might be our next head coach how about the head coach that's here that's one of Super Bowl and one back-to-back twelve win seasons and it's disrespectful to Mike McCarthy that we're even talking about it.... It's also disrespectful to Dan Quinn because he's probably gonna be our next head coach at least something you can possibly debate not deon Sanders..

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think Deion will top out as a college coach. Nothing wrong with that. The best thing about Deion being a coach is we don’t have to listen to him in the booth. He’s a much better coach than announcer. I wish him well in Colorado. He’s good for the college game.

There is a huge difference in recruiting players and building an NFL team through the draft with a salary cap. Deion is a great recruiter, so I think his niche is in college. Nothing wrong with that. He has the potential to be a great college coach if he stays at that level. Also, he won’t make more money in the NFL, so why move from college?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Heck no. His son is a good quarterback. But Deion isn't HC material. Even in college, he's relying on his assistants.

And, the only reason Deion is any good as a college coach is because his son is very good, and his name gives him the recruiting advantage. Any coach could do what he did and run all the players out so he can recruit the players who give his son the best chance of winning. Make no mistake, Deion is about Deion. I would never support him as HC in Dallas. Not when guys like Dan Quinn and McCarthy have put in the blood sweat and tears to get us where we're at.

I would rather see a guy like Will McClay get a chance.. I don't know. I liked Deion as a player, but I'm very off put by him as a coach because I know he's a fraud.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Deion will be out of coaching in 2-4 years max
And he should be. Give me the name of one other coach who comes in and knocks all the pieces off the chess board and then demands the pieces be rearranged to put him in a position to checkmate the next game on the first move. If he was such a great coach, he'd have kept the players he was dealt and coached them up. But he's not capable of that. He needs all the talent he can get. If not for his name, and fame, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

That said, I'm a fan of Shedeur, and Shilo. But there's no substance behind the facade of Deion Sanders.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If no one caught this, classic video! After beating rival Nebraska, oldest fan for Colorado, 98 year old Ms. Peggy - season ticket holder since 1960, and missed few games since 1939.

These guys are having fun! This is what it's all about.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I am glad for Deion to have such a breakthrough of success in coaching. He's really needed that boost of self confidence for a while now, probably since the early 90's, quite a humble fellow.

The Natural

Reaction score
He’d be a better coach than Garrett and we tried to train him for a decade.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Deion would not do well with pro athletes. He'd have enemies within the first week.

bewp7

Reaction score
is deion more of a good coach or a good recruiter

i never watched jackson state or colorado play a game but i know he can recruit

Einstein

Reaction score
Funny this post... I just had this conversation with my wife... I said MM has 2 seasons