Will Deion become the next HC?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen might hire him in the future but I don’t see it until Jerry is gone.

exciter

Reaction score
What a story, what a talent, and I'm sure he'd love to coach either Big D or San Fran. So why not get him after MM retires winning his SB?
Right, just as soon as Jerry reaches Al Davis basic reasoning skills of a potato level in his dementia!

Bagman

Reaction score
Good God I hope not. If you thought Garrett wasn't qualified (he wasn't), Deion would be 2 steps back from him. Screaming and intimidation don't last long in the NFL

Havic

Reaction score
Good God I hope not. If you thought Garrett wasn't qualified (he wasn't), Deion would be 2 steps back from him. Screaming and intimidation don't last long in the NFL
Some growing pains but Dan Campbell is a good example of turning Detroit around.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He said he would never coach in the NFL because he couldn’t deal with grown men collecting their check when they didn’t do their job. He is only coaching now because he doesn’t trust anyone else with his kids and he recognizes how the new rules will allow his instant success which will lead to a fortune being made by himself and his kids before they even sniff the NFL. Say what you will about Deion but he recognizes he can make up all the money he missed out on by coming along 15-20 years too soon.
:hammer:

Would not be shocked if he hung it up after Boulder. I don’t think people realize how many of these kids have been playing off and on with him as far back as Pop Warner.

And agree with the people that say his schtick wouldn’t work in the pros. He was meant for the kids. I don’t know if anyone caught the story about one of his star athletes on the game today. Player’s dad is serving a long-term sentence. Deion went to visit him in prison to get his blessing on the recruiting, and the pops asked him to take care of his kid, and Deion told him never to worry. That’s Deion. A second father to a lot of these kids.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think he's lying in wait for FSU to underperform down the road. I don't know that many college guys with no coordinator experience at the college level have ever made a transition to the NFL.
That’s probably one thing that could keep him coaching. He’s a Florida boy at heart. Heck, even all the way in Boulder, a big chunk of his recruiting class looks like the same local gem that Jimmy Johnson used to pull in Miami.

Darkhound

Reaction score
What a story, what a talent, and I'm sure he'd love to coach either Big D or San Fran. So why not get him after MM retires winning his SB?
it does not matter who is the HC or the OC or the DC or the special teams coach.
Jerry Jones runs this (HIS CIRCUS) and as long as that keeps going on, nothing will ever change.

This man is the cancer and the main reason of this mediocreit.
I think he DOES MEAN WELL.. but he lacks the ability and the aptitude to be a GM. period

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That won't work in the NFL
It worked for Jimmy, at least for a bit.

There could be some parallels here.

Successful at the college level. Established as a motivator and a players coach. Comes to the NFL, to a young team. Uses his familiarity with the college players coming out in the draft. Circles the wagons and imprints his attitude on the team. Team responds and plays their butts off for him.

I remember Jimmy saying his style had a shelf life of about five years. After that, as the core aged, they get tired of that crap.

Motorola

Reaction score
Sanders wanted the opportunity to coach at his almer mater - and Florida State turned him down. (Correct me if my recollection is wrong.)

Coach Sanders achieved an HBCU Championship at Jackson State University - helping bring those programs somewhat back in the spotlight of college football reminiscent of those glory days in the previous century.
I want him to remain in Division I = Power 5 NCAA program (especially with the one he's over now ...that's been really bad \ pathetic for a long time ( ONE WINNING CAMPAIGN IN THE LAST 17 SEASONS)...and win a championship at that elite level of college football.

Last edited:

Angus12

Reaction score
His act would never fly in the NFL. It works with young, impressionable kids and helps with recruiting, but would grow old very quickly in the NFL with the vets. If he tries the NFL, he'd flame out in a couple years.

Deion Spurrier.