Will Donovan Wilson be benched?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm saying I didn't see the pro bowl level play. He didn't get a pro bowl/all pro/ top 100 nod/got little attention in free agency so...........just sayin.
Cowboys Coaches clearly value him. He is our highest paid safety on the team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is the best Dallas has been at safety in a loooong time and not ironically, the best they have been in pass coverage in a long time too. I hope Jerry starts taking the S position more seriously in the future.

I really believe it has more to do with Quinn than the personnel. I mean, Brown was an OK corner before Quinn arrived who some of us thought deserved to be the nickel corner at most. I think Quinn is playing these corners to their strengths and utilizing the safeties in ways that make at least one of them a playmaker (Kearse and now Wilson in that same role).

Not saying the players aren't good, but scheme can make them look even better.

jay94

Reaction score
Great starters but little depth behind them. Cowboys have I think more overall talent at safety than ever before. Not talking about individual starter but overall depth a safety.

Defensively speaking, it's the best depth I have ever seen this team have. Offensively I think they have been a bit fortunate with their opponents and will be again this weekend.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is the best Dallas has been at safety in a loooong time and not ironically, the best they have been in pass coverage in a long time too. I hope Jerry starts taking the S position more seriously in the future.

Stephen better makes sure Quin doesn't bolt to another team due to pay.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys Coaches clearly value him. He is our highest paid safety on the team.
They also let him enter the free market and he came back. When he signed he just cracked the top 30, and has the same AAV as Xavier Woods

Bates

Reaction score
Donovan Wilson is playing so very well, but it's only a matter of time before incumbent starter Javon Kearse
is healthy enuff to return

- So do we bench Donovan in place of Kearse ?

- Malik Hooker is FS centerfield type, not a role suited for Donovan, nor Kearse. They both seem to be at their best when boxed closer to the line.

Donovan will still see some playing time as we employ 3 safety look in Dan Quinn's scheme.
But both Kearse and Hooker are full timers always.

It's a great luxury problem to have, at the cost of lesser playing time for Donovan.

BTW, enjoy Wilson as much as you can, as he's gonna hit the FA market with NFL teams bound to
toss a big contract at him. :(

good post. I don’t know how you do it, but get him on the field. Invent something new?