Will FO make a move for AP?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
People are just wanting/hoping for that big "splash" signing more than anything at this point I think. I just can't see AP here. I thought DMac looked great in his role this last season. I'd rather him come back.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He is 32 years old, coming off an injury marred season, and hasn't averaged more than 4 yards per carry since 2013,-- nearly 4 seasons ago.

I am not in favor of picking up AD -- no matter how he cheap he may come.
If he's cheap I don't see why you don't bring him in. Vince Carter is still playing in the NBA at 40 as a useful starter. He's no longer a star but he can still play because his athletic peak was so high...that even now he's no worse than an average NBA athlete. I think that's similar to where Peterson is. He certainly isn't peak AD but his athletic talent is such that he could be a useful starter in a pinch and an above average backup.

As far to his average yards per carry in Minny. I simply don't care. Our backs behind this line average almost 3 yards before contact. Darren McFadden hadn't averaged over 4 yards a carry in the 3 prior seasons before the 2015 season. He then averaged 4.6 yards behind our line. That isn't a coincidence and i'd expect a similiar type of bounce for Adrian.

It is again the reason why drafting a RB at 4 was insane. INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
No they wont, and can't. Reason being, because the FO is God awful at managing the cap.

Worst in the league.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
With other more pressing needs this would be a waste of valuable cap space that could be better utilized....would be a poor decision by the FO.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
When I first heard he was a FA I didn't want him.. But with what Zeke has been doing lately, I'm honestly afraid the league will suspend him soon.. I'd pick up AD as an insurance and I'm sure he'll help as a backup if anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True. They also have Abdullah and have been linked to MCCadfrey. But would be a good spot for him if they are interested. They've improved OL.

I just do not see Dallas getting him or AD accepting a backup role

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When the Seahawks, who are desperate for an RB, signs an overweight guy who is constantly injured over you, you may not be in position to demand a starting job in the NFL.

so then Dallas should sign an overweight guy who is constantly injured? lol

I seriously doubt Dallas will be looking to Peterson.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No they wont, and can't. Reason being, because the FO is God awful at managing the cap.

Worst in the league.
DAL is 11m under the cap BEFORE getting 5-14m from Romo
Without touching Dez or TCrawford or Witten
Without thinning the roster of Hanna, Morris and Wilber

Those moves = 35m in cap space if wanted...... 3m for AD is very do-able

The FO and coaches just hate signing cheap 30+ vets

waldoputty

Reaction score
DAL is 11m under the cap BEFORE getting 5-14m from Romo
Without touching Dez or TCrawford or Witten
Without thinning the roster of Hanna, Morris and Wilber

Those moves = 35m in cap space if wanted...... 3m for AD is very do-able

The FO and coaches just hate signing cheap 30+ vets

why bother with a crap D.

fredp22

Reaction score
we get rid of Dunbar to get Zeke more touches and people want AP? we have limited cap-spend it on the D
whats the obsession with having so many backs (Zeke, McFadden, Morris, add AP)?

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'd rather resign McFadden to a cap friendly deal if that's the case. My ultimate hope is that we draft a good young RB to compliment Zeke oh yeah we did last year with Jackson and somehow royally screwed that up!
:banghead::banghead:

fishspill

Reaction score
I think the FO is done scrambling for anything. They scrambled to fill positions the first week of FA and now they just assemble draft info, possible post-draft FA info, and see if any opportunities present themselves outside those 2 things.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He is 32 years old, coming off an injury marred season, and hasn't averaged more than 4 yards per carry since 2013,-- nearly 4 seasons ago.

I am not in favor of picking up AD -- no matter how he cheap he may come.

He averaged 4.5 YPC in 2015.