Will Grier > Trey Lance?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lance is not a starting caliber player. He was never any good. he sat out after 1 decent year to not get exposed as the bum he actually is.

plymkr

Reaction score
No, the mistake was trading for a guy who has a contract expiring in the same year that Dak's is.

Even in the crazy scenario where this year he proved to be the QB of future, you'd never get any dollar value out of him because he'd be getting a big extension anyway.
Correct. I wish we had 2 years left on his rookie deal to see if we can develop him. Overall I hope Lance figures out he needs development and resigns with us for vet minimum and works on his game. I’d like to keep him as a 3rd string guy on a 3rd string salary.

Now Lance is one of my pet cats and I’m hoping he develops into something for us but right now I have a hard time justifying that 5 million cap hit. If we need the money to sign someone else then I’m very much in favor or cutting him and using the money to better the team. Preferably someone who can stop the run. I like my pet cats but if the team can get better then screw the personal agenda. I want to win. If that 5 million can be used to make us better this year then cut him and use it.

I’d really like a scenario where we cut him and he clears wavers and then we sign him to the practice squad.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
No doubt I'd rather have Grier. Lance has elite physical abilities but none of it matters if he can't throw the ball consistently. I understand the gamble but it doesn't appear to be paying off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What another ridiculous hate on Trey thread.
Dak fans fear him.

I like Dak overall. But with all this Trey hate is getting me to go against Dak sunshine love.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cropper was the top wr for Lance. He's the 5th guy at best. That's not 2nd string.
There are 2 - 3 receivers on 1st string. If Cropper is the 5th WR, he is 2nd string.

Clearly I am wasting my time arguing with someone who never played football. Go waste someone else's time. Like someone like you who never played the sport and doesn't understand what they are talking about.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What another ridiculous hate on Trey thread.
Dak fans fear him.

I like Dak overall. But with all this Trey hate is getting me to go against Dak sunshine love.
Whatever, JC. You made your bed. Now sleep in it. You don't need any excuses to keep yourself from not doing so. You stopped liking Dak years ago. Admit it and move on already.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's what this is all about. You can find multiple Will Griers in this league. There are not a lot of players with Lance's upside. Now, he may never reach his potential, but there's nothing wrong with trying to find out if he can.
Just curious. Trance struggled with getting the starting QB job until his senior year in HS and then only completed 46 passes.

What type of potential do you see here???

To me it looks like potential waste of time and money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just curious. Trance struggled with getting the starting QB job until his senior year in HS and then only completed 46 passes.

What type of potential do you see here???

To me it looks like potential waste of time and money.
He has great arm strength, but other QBs with great arm strength have failed. He has standout running ability, but other running QBs have failed.

There are reasons he was taken in the first round, and most of those reasons have to do with the potential he showed. It doesn't mean he will ever become an NFL QB, but it is worth exploring IMO.

I know you can't stand him based on the nickname you have given him, so I don't expect you to agree with that. If Dallas had not traded for him, though, another team would have because of that potential.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has great arm strength, but other QBs with great arm strength have failed. He has standout running ability, but other running QBs have failed.

There are reasons he was taken in the first round, and most of those reasons have to do with the potential he showed. It doesn't mean he will ever become an NFL QB, but it is worth exploring IMO.

I know you can't stand him based on the nickname you have given him, so I don't expect you to agree with that. If Dallas had not traded for him, though, another team would have because of that potential.
If what you say is true why could he not start in HS?