Will Jerry Limit Pollard for leverage?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowfan75, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

17,691 Messages
    20,091 Likes Received
    I think you are worried that Dak gets his deal and than wins in the regular season and Zeke gets traded.

2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

25,861 Messages
    9,188 Likes Received
    Now I feel bad, ruffian.
    I wish you and I and the offender could meet on the beach and hold hands.
    Then we could learn and grow.
    And you are not a spawn of evil @superonyx you are the wings beneath me winds.

CouchCoach and superonyx like this.
  3. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    10,172 Likes Received
    The main question on Pollard is durability, but he should be able to last a few games. That does cut Zeke's leverage.

4. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

13,902 Messages
    17,053 Likes Received
    Pollard is probably thrilled. Players hate preseason.

And as a rb pollard's transition to the NFL is as easy as it comes. If the kid has talent he doesn't need to run into 2nd stringers to prove it.

JoeKing likes this.
  5. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

18,650 Messages
    15,286 Likes Received
    Also, consider the previous 3 seasons with Zeke, the Cowboys haven't had much of a passing game so naturally more of the load was put on Zeke. Now that the receiver talent is rising and a new OC is here, less of a load will be put on Pollard. I think he will be good to go for much more than a few games.

6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

45,437 Messages
    45,346 Likes Received
    You are partially correct.

They want Pollard to look good in the ps games.

The reason to only play him with the starters is because the 2nd string OLine is not good and unlikely to make him look good.

They'll likely continue to only play him with the starting OL and Dak but not for status reasons but to give him the opportunity to look good on the field.

If he goes off in the games then that creates a big media buzz. Roster status without the performance won't create much buzz in the media.

Cowfan75 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  7. CowboysExchange

CowboysExchange Active Member

763 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    When Pollard puts up 9 tds he can. They cant replace zeke w pollard but he woulda been a great addition to a rb core.

This team uses a one dimensional workhorse single back System in search of a rushing record why all these other teams have a core that outproduces our outdated run scheme every year as a core and has a high powered offense led by real tes and better slot wrs and dual rbs who can score and were still selling tickets for the circus

ConstantReboot and Cowfan75 like this.
  8. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    5,081 Likes Received
    Pollard is our #1 back now, and the team is protecting him like it. I know the pundits say "anyone can run behind this line", but a Weber/Jackson committee would REALLY put that theory to the test, as neither of them look like NFL caliber players right now. Were Pollard to get hurt, our run game would be screwed, we'd have to change our whole offensive approach, and Zeke's leverage would go way the heck up. So Pollard is going to be put in bubble wrap until the regular season - even if he was to miss a few games with a sprain, it'd put us in trouble for week 1.

Cowfan75 likes this.
  9. buybuydandavis

11,937 Messages
    10,172 Likes Received
    Every indication is that we're moving away from the workhorse single back to a multi run threat system.
    Austin, Pollard, Olawale, Cobb. We've loaded up on run threats who can be on the field *with* Zeke. We may actually run more, but probably run less with Zeke.

10. jday

jday Well-Known Member

9,216 Messages
    12,947 Likes Received

11. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

16,409 Messages
    13,360 Likes Received
    I’m rooting for Pollard to do well, but Pollard isn’t leverage. He’s an unproven 4th round RB who didn’t even carry the load in college.

12. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

8,385 Messages
    5,163 Likes Received
    I'm surprised you don't know Elliot's number. What's with the 22 dogs.

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  13. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    3,938 Likes Received
    I'm certainly all for protecting him if in fact he is that good. But I would like him to take a couple consecutive quarters of real hits to see how he holds up and if he can hold onto the rock.

14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

18,413 Messages
    34,211 Likes Received
    Meanwhile, Alfred Morris didn't play at all. Are you sure it's Pollard they're protecting?

Expectations for Pollard on this board are already over the top. I'll believe Pollard is OMG so much better than anyone else we have with Zeke out when I see it. This thing has committee written all over it.

15. cern

cern Well-Known Member

9,974 Messages
    13,796 Likes Received
    Morris, Chunn, Weber, jackson and olawale should be able to spell him often enough. I like chunn's nasty attitude.

16. buybuydandavis

11,937 Messages
    10,172 Likes Received
    I wonder who they keep on the 53 if Zeke misses a game. Pollard and Olawale + who?

I think it's between MOrris and Jackson.

17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,176 Messages
    21,615 Likes Received
    Yeah, I dont think Zeke is losing too much sleep over Tony freaking Pollard taking his job:lmao2:

18. Beast_from_East

26,176 Messages
    21,615 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

19. Beast_from_East

26,176 Messages
    21,615 Likes Received
    Havent you heard?

He is Emmitt reincarnated and he is here to take Zeke's job:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

20. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

11,429 Messages
    15,486 Likes Received
    Lolwat

No. He's the only back with any talent that's on the team right now, they don't want him to get drilled or rolled up on in a meaningless preseason game, because someone who won't make the team missed a block.

Who knows how much he's going to have to carry this season? Give him some reps with starters, play him in the dress rehearsal game, and get ready for the season.

Otherwise your options end up being Weber, Jackson, and Morris. At least with Pollard it's "Schrodinger's Running Back", instead of just a dead cat.