Will LVE ever get back to his rookie form?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
In LVE's first season, he hit the ground running and instantly became recognized as one of the best LBs in the league. Unfortunately, now he has been plagued by injuries, similar to what happened with Sean Lee... The difference being is when Sean Lee was playing, he was an impact player despite the injuries... LVE seems to have regressed a bit.

Do you think he will get back to form?

Unfortunately no, I dont see him ever being what he was his rookie year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His rookie year felt like we had an extra guy on defense. He was everywhere at all times.

Looked like he was headed for greatness, especially given his very short college career.

Now we're wondering if he'll ever be as good as his rookie year.

He knew about the stenosis around draft time IIRC, hence the articles about medical red flags before the draft.

I didn't know about it. It's one thing to have injuries, another to have a *condition*. I'm generally for taking medical risks, but I wouldn't take one with a neck condition and limited play time for a pick at 18. He seemed a slight reach at the time, and I'd upgrade that to a big reach for the 18th pick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have little to no faith that he will.

I hope I’m wrong. Rookie level LVE would really really help our defense.

I still believe he can play like that again, though I have my doubts that he can play like that for a long career, or for long without further injury.

I went back and looked at some draft prospect reviews of him. Comparable - Sean Lee. Yeah, kind of. Injury risk looks even worse. Love him when he plays, but probably won't be healthy enough to play and play well.

Sad. Really seemed like gold his rookie season. Now, not so much.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Best bet with LVE,..is the same i said with Sean Lee,.. have a damn good Plan B.

have suitable backups that can fill sub "when " LVE does go down.
We'll need at least two Joe Thomas types on hand when LVE has his injury breakdowns.
And unfortunately its looking like this will be norm for LVE's career.

i don't think Cowboys will move on from LVE unless he decides to abruptly retire.
Per Jerry's comments on LVE injuries he thinks his fractured collarbone is a "freak' injury.

i would like to think LVE's injury was part of a NFL surge of rash devastating injuries, but i'm concerned
that it's gonna be more the norm with him.
Next season LVE should be the backup player, otherwise we're spinning our wheels as a defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like the neck is fine and not bothering him.
I believe LVE suffered the broken collar bone because he's refusing to use his head to initiate contact when tackling in order to protect his serious spinal neck issue. I believe he's now allowing ball carriers to run into him as he wraps his arms around them to make a tackle. This is probably how he got his collar bone broken if a ball carrier stuck his helmet right into LVE's chest. Just my opinion, not a fact.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I believe LVE suffered the broken collar bone because he's refusing to use his head to initiate contact when tackling in order to protect his serious spinal neck issue. I believe he's now allowing ball carriers to run into him as he wraps his arms around them to make a tackle. This is probably how he got his collar bone broken if a ball carrier stuck his helmet right into LVE's chest. Just my opinion, not a fact.
Exactly!!! Joe Thomas and whatever we can get from Sean Lee this season will be the best options at LB. Heck throw Gifford in there too because we're going to need all hands on deck.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think he’s too tall and thin for linebacker these collision don’t seem to agree with his body.

He’s food at football
maybe he can play tight end h back or something

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
In LVE's first season, he hit the ground running and instantly became recognized as one of the best LBs in the league. Unfortunately, now he has been plagued by injuries, similar to what happened with Sean Lee... The difference being is when Sean Lee was playing, he was an impact player despite the injuries... LVE seems to have regressed a bit.

No..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I think he is a long shot.

His injuries are potentially career ending.

We took a chance when we drafted him. We constantly do this to try to add value to the pick. Knowing Wolf Hunter had a bad back in college should have dropped him out of the first rd.

Not for us.

We like a challenge.

Pitiful.