Will McCarthy Feed Zeke?

Reaction score
the whole problem with coach clapper was his offensive pass happy mentality.
So is this Déjà vu?
I watched Zek at OSU and he gets stronger as you feed him. Power run him 35+ times and punish the defense.
This run to open up the pass isn't going to win a playoff game.
Run the rock!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So is this Déjà vu?
I watched Zek at OSU and he gets stronger as you feed him. Power run him 35+ times and punish the defense.
Run the rock!
You didn't watch the presser today, did you.
He's going to feed Zeke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So is this Déjà vu?
Run the rock!
not 35times you can win that way in todays nfl consistently..

but yes Zeke needs the ball a bit more when hes hot, he led the league in fist half yards this year, the last 4 or so games during that losing stretch's ie in NE, CHI ,PHILLY, and BUFF they forgot zeke was there and hot ie running great.. it nearly happened against Washington game 16 zeke 80 yards the first half and then the first series and a half no zeke at all..

so not all games because there are games when the line or zeke is stymied buy a defense that came in solely to stop the run and dare Dak to throw..Dak and this pass game has to show up the games and make teams pay.. Games like NO, Jets, and 2nd philly game they stopped the run game but Dak choked..

so lets not get crazy , EE is not getting it 35 times hes no longer in college or a rookie and thats insane, he carried it 300 times this season only second to Henry at 303 , so not any back will get it that often..

Balance which changes game ti game we also have Pollard who needs more carries.

also need to get it to EE and Pollard through he air..

MM will get it figured out..

we cant be a one trick pony or we might was well get scot linehan back..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So is this Déjà vu?
Run the rock!

I think Zeke will play a big role both in carries and reception. He is not going to get it 35 carries and game and never has.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I want to see Zeke get more touches in the passing game.
Screens, Wheel routes, ect.
Pollard, too, to an extent.
Get 'em in space more often.

Your wish will be granted.

Note the Packers under McCarthy weren’t exactly known for running the ball. In fact, in his twelve full seasons, less than half saw the team produce a 1,000 yard rusher, and the only two seasons where this was the case since 2010 were the two years of productive Eddie Lacy in 2013 and 2014. In fact, in terms of yards-per-game, the 2013 Lacy-fueled season was the only time in those twelve years when McCarthy’s rushing offense finished inside the top ten – they finished 7th – with two-thirds of his seasons seeing the Packers ranked in the bottom half of the league and ranking outside the top 20 on five occasions. Of course, when you have Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, you are liable to look to throw the ball as a priority, but more recently the Packers under McCarthy just weren’t hugely good at running the ball.

Fortunately we are/can be hugely good at running the ball.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

Note the Packers under McCarthy weren’t exactly known for running the ball. In fact, in his twelve full seasons, less than half saw the team produce a 1,000 yard rusher, and the only two seasons where this was the case since 2010 were the two years of productive Eddie Lacy in 2013 and 2014. In fact, in terms of yards-per-game, the 2013 Lacy-fueled season was the only time in those twelve years when McCarthy’s rushing offense finished inside the top ten – they finished 7th – with two-thirds of his seasons seeing the Packers ranked in the bottom half of the league and ranking outside the top 20 on five occasions. Of course, when you have Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, you are liable to look to throw the ball as a priority, but more recently the Packers under McCarthy just weren’t hugely good at running the ball.

Think he'll use the screen game with the RBs kinda like an extension of the running game, maybe.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I want to see Zeke get more touches in the passing game.
Screens, Wheel routes, ect.
Pollard, too, to an extent.
Get 'em in space more often.
I couldn't agree more with this, and hopefully McCarthy implements alot of this!!
when we drafted Zeke, I never envisioned him being a bell cow back like he has been so far, his strengths are more suited to space and used in the passing game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

he already commented that he has never had a top back like ee, so just have to wait and
see how he uses him.
The main thing is he needs to get ee in shape.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with this, and hopefully McCarthy implements alot of this!!
when we drafted Zeke, I never envisioned him being a bell cow back like he has been so far, his strengths are more suited to space and used in the passing game.
There has been a lot of wasted potential with Zeke, IMO.
He should be a focal point of the passing game.
Whenever we get him out in space on a screen it is usually a huge play, like the long TD against Pitt as a rookie, or against San Francisco his second year, heck, he even had a 38 yard screen play for a TD against the Lions in 2018.
And those were very basic screens, with very little creative design.
Imagine what he'll do with some actual creative designed plays?