Will McCarthy Feed Zeke?

Proof

Reaction score
I already gave you another example. That is just twice he tapped out and his replacement made a big error. He tapped out many times throughout the season.

I know. You provided one other example which is what I said. Yes he pulled himself out throughout the season but only once in a pivotal situation, the pillars fumble and with good reason. Beyond that is a reach and a bs narrative. 2nd most all purpose yards in the nfl that doesn’t happen by not being available

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
the whole problem with coach clapper was his offensive pass happy mentality.
So is this Déjà vu?
I watched Zek at OSU and he gets stronger as you feed him. Power run him 35+ times and punish the defense.
This run to open up the pass isn't going to win a playoff game.
Run the rock!

Considering his girth, he is worried about stuffing his own face, not Zekes ;)

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think Zeke is going to be hungry. I honestly think Pollard is a better fit for what MM likes to do. Not saying that we will go away from Zeke but I expect more Tony and I expect these boards to be split on who should be getting more playing time....not carries....more playing time.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I know. You provided one other example which is what I said. Yes he pulled himself out throughout the season but only once in a pivotal situation, the pillars fumble and with good reason. Beyond that is a reach and a bs narrative. 2nd most all purpose yards in the nfl that doesn’t happen by not being available
Is he wants to ask to fed he needs to stop tapping out. And he didn’t even get medical attention after having someone land on that big head of his.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, feed a guy more who taps out? As soon as we get behind, Zeke will become obsolete as always. You don’t play catch up running the ball. If the defense can keep us in it (highly questionable) then they better split the carries between Zeke and Pollard since Zeke clearly can’t handle the load by himself. 90 million dollars well spent Jerry!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
the whole problem with coach clapper was his offensive pass happy mentality.
So is this Déjà vu?
I watched Zek at OSU and he gets stronger as you feed him. Power run him 35+ times and punish the defense.
This run to open up the pass isn't going to win a playoff game.
Run the rock!

agree!!!

we got away from Zeke too much over the last 5 games or so.

Proof

Reaction score
Is he wants to ask to fed he needs to stop tapping out. And he didn’t even get medical attention after having someone land on that big head of his.

Oh snap. Got that aria co-sign. Elite company my friend

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Oh snap. Got that aria co-sign. Elite company my friend
Well, you’re using the excuse that his head was landed on. Any explanation of why he just went to the bench and sat down and wasn’t checked on?

Proof

Reaction score
Well, you’re using the excuse that his head was landed on. Any explanation of why he just went to the bench and sat down and wasn’t checked on?
I didn’t say his head was landed on I said it was slammed to the turf. It was. He took one play off as a result and the drive was over. It ultimately didn’t require medical attn, but it was significant enough that he couldn’t play the next down. I though so seeing it live before he said that was the reason. If you don’t accept it as valid it’s because you’re an unrealistic nerd

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn’t say his head was landed on I said it was slammed to the turf. It was. He took one play off as a result and the drive was over. It ultimately didn’t require medical attn, but it was significant enough that he couldn’t play the next down. I though so seeing it live before he said that was the reason. If you don’t accept it as valid it’s because you’re an unrealistic nerd
I think you mean he missed the next 2 plays and was sitting on the bench. He wasn’t standing on the sidelines prepared to enter the game on the 4th play either. You like to claim things only happen once, right? Are you doing it on purpose?

Proof

Reaction score
I think you mean he missed the next 2 plays and was sitting on the bench. He wasn’t standing on the sidelines prepared to enter the game on the 4th play either. You like to claim things only happen once, right? Are you doing it on purpose?

Oops you got me, two plays in succession. Same series bang bang. His head slammed to the turf man the fact doesn’t change. Not sure what you want. I never claimed things only happen once, I said THAT is what most people are referring to, and it doesn’t hold water. To you I said that calling out one other singular time doesn’t change anything. Dude has the second most carries and second most total touches in the league. It’s greatly exaggerated

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Oops you got me, two plays in succession. Same series bang bang. His head slammed to the turf man the fact doesn’t change. Not sure what you want. I never claimed things only happen once, I said THAT is what most people are referring to, and it doesn’t hold water. To you I said that calling out one other singular time doesn’t change anything. Dude has the second most carries and second most total touches in the league. It’s greatly exaggerated
Zeke has taken himself out of the game multiple times this season, even in the red zone. At least twice there have been bad results from his replacement. You’ve claimed it only happened once as a way to try and dismiss the concern some fans have. You were wrong.

You then claimed he only missed one play in the one instance you can remember. You were wrong again.

I get it. You want to protect Zeke from criticism. People have pet cats. It doesn’t mean other people’s concerns aren’t valid because you don’t like hearing about them. If we are gong to pay Zeke top dollar, we need him on the field in the red zone and not trotting off the field when we are in a dog fight for the division, and especially if there are complaints we aren’t feeding him enough.

Feel free to disagree, but could you at least have your facts straight, especially when you want to resort to calling people names like “unrealistic nerd”?

Proof

Reaction score
Zeke has taken himself out of the game multiple times this season, even in the red zone. At least twice there have been bad results from his replacement. You’ve claimed it only happened once as a way to try and dismiss the concern some fans have. You were wrong.

You then claimed he only missed one play in the one instance you can remember. You were wrong again.

I get it. You want to protect Zeke from criticism. People have pet cats. It doesn’t mean other people’s concerns aren’t valid because you don’t like hearing about them. If we are gong to pay Zeke top dollar, we need him on the field in the red zone and not trotting off the field when we are in a dog fight for the division, and especially if there are complaints we aren’t feeding him enough.

Feel free to disagree, but could you at least have your facts straight, especially when you want to resort to calling people names like “unrealistic nerd”?

Lol. I don’t know that you could be more wrong if you tried.

Zeke is not a pet cat of mine, and I’m not trying to shield him from criticism whatsoever as I’ve levied plenty against him myself this year and have soured on him in general. What I do rail against is false narratives such as him taking himself out in key circumstances as a pattern. The eagles game was a glaring example but with good reason. I admittedly misspoke about the one play, but again it doesn’t change the the point whatsoever. The dude is a workhorse and subjects himself to as much punishment as anyone in the league, as evidenced by his overwhelming workload, only bested by one player this year. So yes, if you question him leaving after watching him get his head slammed against the turf, knowing he plays more than nearly anyone, then you have either never played sports, have no business commenting on a guy recovering from potential head trauma, have unrealistic expectations in general or all of the above.

and I also never said it was the one instance I can remember I said it’s the main one people point to, and it’s baseless regardless of the stakes no matter the optics to fans when a head injury is in play.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol. I don’t know that you could be more wrong if you tried.

Zeke is not a pet cat of mine, and I’m not trying to shield him from criticism whatsoever as I’ve levied plenty against him myself this year and have soured on him in general. What I do rail against is false narratives such as him taking himself out in key circumstances as a pattern. The eagles game was a glaring example but with good reason. I admittedly misspoke about the one play, but again it doesn’t change the the point whatsoever. The dude is a workhorse and subjects himself to as much punishment as anyone in the league, as evidenced by his overwhelming workload, only bested by one player this year. So yes, if you question him leaving after watching him get his head slammed against the turf, knowing he plays more than nearly anyone, then you have either never played sports, have no business commenting on a guy recovering from potential head trauma, have unrealistic expectations in general or all of the above.

and I also never said it was the one instance I can remember I said it’s the main one people point to, and it’s baseless regardless of the stakes no matter the optics to fans when a head injury is in play.
It may be the one play people point to, but it's not the only play. He does take himself out in red zone situations and took himself out against the Bears on a 3rd down play near the red zone when Pollard was inactive. Olawale came in and promptly screwed up. And, yes, Zeke may have come out because his head was hit against Philly. This talk about "potential head trauma" is laughable though. I could understand it if he went to the sidelines and was checked out by the medical staff or went through concussion protocol but he didn't. He just went and sat on the bench.

links18

Reaction score
A good coach game plans for what will work against a particular opponent. If it doesn't work, he adjusts the plan. That was Garrett's downfall.

Proof

Reaction score
It may be the one play people point to, but it's not the only play. He does take himself out in red zone situations and took himself out against the Bears on a 3rd down play near the red zone when Pollard was inactive. Olawale came in and promptly screwed up. And, yes, Zeke may have come out because his head was hit against Philly. This talk about "potential head trauma" is laughable though. I could understand it if he went to the sidelines and was checked out by the medical staff or went through concussion protocol but he didn't. He just went and sat on the bench.

gotcha. I’m sure after rattling off nearly 20 yards on two plays, he just didn’t want to play in a win and your in game anymore. Definitely seems far more likely. Good tell sir

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
gotcha. I’m sure after rattling off nearly 20 yards on two plays, he just didn’t want to play in a win and your in game anymore. Definitely seems far more likely. Good tell sir
Well, maybe he can work on that stamina? :laugh:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Zeke has been a top 3 back or better his whole Dallas career and some want him to split carries with a guy who has never been a feature back...a lot of ignorant fans on this board!

Proof

Reaction score
Zeke has been a top 3 back or better his whole Dallas career and some want him to split carries with a guy who has never been a feature back...a lot of ignorant fans on this board!

splitting carries would be a recipe for disaster. I would like to see more of pollard though, whether it’s more carries, more catches or a combo. He’s a weapon. Feature zeke, utilize pollard.