Will McCarthy have us better than 8-8 or worse?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM has stated he wants to build up the D-Line, that’s a big step in the right direction just for starters...

I'm expecting multiple cornerbacks and defensive tackles in the draft.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All it takes is (another) coaching change for some to buy into Jerry's Cowboys again. :rolleyes:

You can ignore that the new guy has actually has a lot of successin the league if you want.
:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've long ago ignored the schedule. If the team is really good, they win. If not, then any team can beat them.

I can see taking that position as well.
But the majority of teams on that schedule do not scare me for the most part based on what they did in 2019.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Washington should make a leap under Rivera. All the better if they draft Chase Young.
The Giants are an unknown under Joseph. He's said he's impressed with Garrett's knowledge of the different offensive systems so he'll likely rely on Garrett a lot.
Cleveland needs to get everything sorted out. Can they do it under Stefanski?
And Kingsbury another unknown.

Lot of unknowns this season.
yes and wash and giants will be interesting at the very least this season.
JG will want to beat the cowboys bad, and I think they should be better.
Rivera has a fairly good defense in place, so he might get that going good.
Haskins is the big ? mark.
I dont think the nfce has ever had 3 teams get new HC 's in one season before.

ESisback

Reaction score
Did I read someone called that schedule easy?

Yeah, it’s nuts! I realize this league is year to year, and you can’t assume a team will be unchanged, because there are SO MANY variables, but their “expert” projections stimulate drama and debate, molding perceptions of the masses. It’s all about rating$. Wealth and control...

garyo1954

Reaction score
yes and wash and giants will be interesting at the very least this season.
JG will want to beat the cowboys bad, and I think they should be better.
Rivera has a fairly good defense in place, so he might get that going good.
Haskins is the big ? mark.
I dont think the nfce has ever had 3 teams get new HC 's in one season before.

Some reports say the Commanders wondered if Haskins was dyslexic last year (he's not). But with Ron looking at alternatives, you have to wonder what plan he has for the position. The NFC should be interesting if nothing else.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm not one to expect miracles, right from the get-go. There are and will be many hurdles to overcome for our new staff. Let's hold fast to hope that MM's experience and knowledge will serve him and his team well over whatever time is required to return them to the top. This staff will be obliged to renew the team's faith in a team that has fallen in the past. Great things and sweeping changes always take time to develop. Patience will be required.

blue koolaid.

he hired Nolan to be the DC ( who stinks)

he hired Nolan bc Nolan gave MM the OC job at San Fran in 2005. Which led to the HC job at GB.

I need to see wins.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
blue koolaid.

he hired Nolan bc Nolan gave MM the OC job at San Fran in 2005. Which led to the HC job at GB.

I need to see wins.

Sour grapes, at best. To each his own, though.

johneric8

Reaction score
Big Mike will have this team in the playoffs and we will be ALOT better now that the red headed freckled puppet has taken his zig ziglar act to new york.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Will McCarthy have us better than 8-8 or worse?
We would have been better even if Jason had came back. I think JJ and SJ have serious contenders as the starting point with playoff success being the ultimate goal.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Who truly scares you on that slate?

Just saying that is not an easy schedule and after the Jets game, there are no easy games in the league, this is no Alabama playing The Citadel here on that schedule. Now looking at that schedule right off the begals may be the easiest game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
blue koolaid.

I need to see wins.
Sour grapes, at best. To each his own, though.

let’s be real.

that why he hired Nolan. It isn’t because Nolan is some elite DC.

that why Edwards was brought in from the Vikes. And given the Senior Defensive assistant title, whatever that means.

let’s be honest.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I think he starts off at 8-8 because that's where what's his name left off........ we'll see if he ascends or descends his first year.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s nuts! I realize this league is year to year, and you can’t assume a team will be unchanged, because there are SO MANY variables, but their “expert” projections stimulate drama and debate, molding perceptions of the masses. It’s all about rating$. Wealth and control...
a team that is considered weak today might be strong after free agency and the draft. situations can change very quickly in the nfl. at least for the short term.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A big part of how we’ll end up in 2020 will depend on the free agents we lose, the free agents we gain and the draft. Good luck trying to figure out what our record will be before we’ve even signed our first free agent or made our first draft selection. By the time we reach the opener the team could look very different from the team we had last year. A number of new players and a different philosophy.