Will McClay comments on possible draft strategy shift with Zimmer as DC

Creeper

Reaction score
This tells me that the problems we had on defense were created by Quinn's philosophy on defense. I love this new approach. Big in the middle and players behind the big guys up front.

Does anyone mind taking Sweat in round 1? I don't think he makes it to Dallas in round 2.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

Wow...can't stop the run so we're looking at bigger boys in the middle and at LB's. Seems like an obvious solution that could have been explored the last couple of years.

I guess in fairness they thought they addressed part of the equation last year, which may be why they won't DTackle it early this year. Admissions to making mistakes has never been a strong suit for the Jones Boys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wow...can't stop the run so we're looking at bigger boys in the middle and at LB's. Seems like an obvious solution that could have been explored the last couple of years.

I guess in fairness they thought they addressed part of the equation last year, which may be why they won't DTackle it early this year. Admissions to making mistakes has never been a strong suit for the Jones Boys.
It was explored. That's why they drafted Smith and Overshown.

Gambit

Reaction score
wonderful..... another talking clown from our front office....sure why don't you just announce to the whole freaking league our draft strategy!!!
Did you think it's a secret in what Dallas needs, what Zim prefers?

Fun fact, everyone already knows

StarLord

Reaction score
For the first time in a while I’m going into the draft very pessimistic. There are just too many holes, and Dak will suck up the cap to where we can’t fill them.

1. We don’t have a LT, even if we resign Tyron
2. We don’t have a Center. I swear if someone else parrots that Hoffman is good I’m gonna lose my mind. Watch his tape
3. Our RG is losing steam and no one is taking about it, and Steele may not return to form. Maybe Bass or Ball can help inside, but we have no viable backup RT
4. We have no RB worth their salt
5. We have no true WR2 unless Tolbert takes a big step.
6. We need a LB (or 3)
7. We need a CB (or 2). I have very little faith Lewis’ foot won’t be a problem going forward
8. FS is a need no one is talking about. Hooker just doesn’t do the job

How does the FO fill all these? They can maybe sign 4 mid-tier FA JAGs or 1-2 high tier FAs
We'll have some walk ons, don't you worry.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That would work…if we had more cap.
You need to stop saying this.

The post you are commenting on shows you how they cap will be handled. Still you say no cap. Extending Prescott (as dumb as it is) will open up a lot of cap space. Cutting LVE and Gallup. Even more.

12+88=7

Reaction score
That would work…if we had more cap.
The numbers at the end are what is saved or paided out in this scenario.

Extending and retructures would create 90 million in cap space minus the 10 million the team is over, that would give Dallas 80 million in cap space.

With 80 million ANY scenario could happen.

StarLord

Reaction score
I disagree with cutting Gallup. We all know its takes a full year even once they are cleared to play. I think he'll have a better year this year. Was showing up a bit more towards the end of the season last season.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
wonderful..... another talking clown from our front office....sure why don't you just announce to the whole freaking league our draft strategy!!!
Yeah, but I doubt the rest of the league is too worried about our "strategy" in the War Room.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Meanwhile Stephen is preparing his annual “We have to worry about the cap” speech. While 31 other FOs are set to sign FAs.
And here I was getting positive until this reality check. LOL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will see how serious they are come draft time. As I do not expect anything from FA's.

Big_D

Reaction score
For the first time in a while I’m going into the draft very pessimistic. There are just too many holes, and Dak will suck up the cap to where we can’t fill them.

1. We don’t have a LT, even if we resign Tyron
2. We don’t have a Center. I swear if someone else parrots that Hoffman is good I’m gonna lose my mind. Watch his tape
3. Our RG is losing steam and no one is taking about it, and Steele may not return to form. Maybe Bass or Ball can help inside, but we have no viable backup RT
4. We have no RB worth their salt
5. We have no true WR2 unless Tolbert takes a big step.
6. We need a LB (or 3)
7. We need a CB (or 2). I have very little faith Lewis’ foot won’t be a problem going forward
8. FS is a need no one is talking about. Hooker just doesn’t do the job

How does the FO fill all these? They can maybe sign 4 mid-tier FA JAGs or 1-2 high tier FAs

You go 2nd TE in RD2, that's how you fix those things. A blocker catching minimal passes. They have holes all over the place and they're making ridiculous picks like that.