Will McClay comments on possible draft strategy shift with Zimmer as DC

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Just pointing it out.
I guess they did, but how effective was the effort? One of them is a 3, 5, how many year (varies per you guys) project, and the other one didn't see the field (unfortunate...not his fault). Quite frankly, I'm not expecting much from Overblown anyway as his college film is filled with him getting to the play just after the tackle. Reminded me of Almost Anthony Spencer. That guy just seemed to be on the fringe of making a play but just missed or was a tad late.

The verdict isn't in but evidence is leaning toward that draft class just being a miss. Happens every now and then but I do think they get it corrected this year.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
jerry loves you guys, keep pretending it matters if you watch the draft, and look through FA, hoping he will pick somebody.

LMAO, you can't make this crap up. "I hate Jerry he ruined the Cowboys, but I'm going to keep looking at the draft and FA's"

get that gear, and autographs. lmao...
Yes sir Captain, all fans can do is hope that the right players are acquired. In spite of the powers that be.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
How is that any different draft strategy than Quinn?

We spent a first rounder on a linebacker and a defensive tackle in two of the last three first rounds.

One they decided not to play at linebacker, and one is a dud.

The only strategy they should change is stop trying to fit in undersized players all over the defense.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could a fooled me, I thought we just drafted a big guy LOL.

Mikexike

Reaction score
The good news is they are finally seeing what even fans from their couch have seen for over a decade. The bad news is it took too long. On another bad note, I guess McClay has finally succumbed to the Jerry and Stephen method of pretty much just telling everyone what we are looking for on draft day
I'm pretty sure every team knows what each team needs, Its just a matter of when they will pick that need in the draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Meanwhile Stephen is preparing his annual “We have to worry about the cap” speech. While 31 other FOs are set to sign FAs.
And we do sign free agents and we do sign undrafted free agents ,we sign our own free agents ,and we go through a draft and we pick players and we make some trades to filed 12 win teams.​
So once again we have fan base that say we're doing nothing but 31 other teams are doing everything and yet somehow we're in the top six most years, how do you win 36 games, two division titles and three straight years of playoffs by doing nothing????? hmmm​
You all act like they do nothing, no they don't do what you want to do at 31 teams do not participate in the big high risk big money 1st 10 days of free agency frenzy if you will..​

The all in type of teams the very rare all in if that's the word you want to use that would be two or three teams a year if that there may be one team decided go all the way with that blueprint and try to make it happen but 31 teams did not do more than the Dallas Cowboys because 31 teams would be better than the Dallas Cowboys and they're only about 6 teams that are even debatably better than the Dallas Cowboys yearly...

So they might not be going after the big fish names that you guys like or some of us hope for some of those small trades like for Gilmore and cooks and bringing in Hankins and some of those other guys but then getting lucky in some aspects with some undrafted free agents and some of the smaller free agents... again, and then we have to sign our own players those are technically guys that would go to free agency if you don't sign them the contracts are coming up and you either have to let him go or sign them that is a free agent because they would be free agents if you didn't sign your own guys how could you not like some of your own guys that are on A 12 win team three straight years?

So would I want them to be a little bit more aggressive in the draft trade up move around get more talent and less bodies yes but I like them to make an effort at least at one position to go after one of the bigger name guys with more tread on their tires yes I would but stop acting like 31 other teams somehow are doing it way better and running circles around Jerry in this front office in these coaches because that's not a fact those teams didn't win 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight years and also when their quarterbacks healthy have been in the playoff five out of the last eight seasons Prescott's not been part of a losing season somehow we're doing this with a terrible or I I don't know what you guys call an average joke of a coach a bunch of nobodies on the team that are all soft and a terrible GM and the front office I don't know what they're doing they must be throwing darts and just somehow stumbling into these winning seasons.

Are we falling short yes we are but I'm really getting tired of y'all act like they don't do anything in the offseason they are not cheap they are just low risk and there are very little moves that they can make that are guaranteed because you can go pay a guy top money in the free agent pool and they could fall on their face like a dream team scenario that don't mean they're going to fit and they're going to produce.

Like I said I hope some of the stink and the embarrassment from the last game has them be a little more aggressive but they do not sit on their hands they have built a winning roster that has some holes in it that needs to be fixed but we are not one of the other 31 teams there are about 26 teams that wish they were where we were the last three years..​
I think it's a little ironic if you wanna use that word that all those moves that this place went absolutely bat**** crazy about throughout the year the offseason and the trade deadline for Howie Roseman and the Philadelphia Eagles it is odd that almost all those players didn't even improve their team they barely moved the needle almost all being cut right now including coordinators they brought in..they manged to get where? 12 wins but lost to US in the division? all that aggressiveness yes got them INTO a sb but lost it..​
So somehow our team that does absolutely nothing won the division against a team that's always using the all-in approach and constantly making moves..​
Again. I want them to make more moves don't get me wrong but don't act like what they do is in at least working and are better than a lot of the other teams in this league because they are not matching what we've done the last three seasons so something's working I mean if you just took the temperature of this place on a daily basis and you knew nothing about sports you would think we were a four win team every year that's what this place reacts that's how they talk about their own their own team!!​