Twitter: Will McClay On The Ticket

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Will McClay is saying all the right things to get me excited, just for me to get let done again

Ughh

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The thing is with Iloka, his contract is written where it won't cost much if released. However if he is on the roster game one, then how much saved as opposed if released before the start of the season.
As he is the same situation as with Thompson last year. Release before game 10, we will get a comp pick, for Beasley. Unless another team also releases one of our FA's lost by game 10 also.

However, I watched many Bengals games, and if Iloka could be that player when they ad him, I like him better than Heath. I still am holding out hope he shows this in TC. But will the coaches love for Heath over power that.

The Bengals let him walk, then his former DC with the Bengals (Zimmer) let him walk a year later. It seems like he's not the player was in the past, so not the threat to Heath that some wanted.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bengals let him walk, then his former DC with the Bengals (Zimmer) let him walk a year later. It seems like he's not the player was in the past, so not the threat to Heath that some wanted.

I just seen Inside TC on the team website with Broaddus, they said Iloka was running 3rd team. Which is not a good sign for a vet player as he is. Unless they are just starting him at the bottom and needs to work his way up.
Or it is how they are rotating the backups including rookies for 2nd and 3rd teams, as it is early in TC.

But agree, he may not be the player he once was. But if we can get a comp pick by releasing him, no complaints.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No surprise here. Love what we have.

But if Iloka continues to run third team, I wonder if they cut him at the final roster paring and then look at Berry after week 1.

The Jeff Heath conundrum aside, are they really willing to go into the season with the likes of Frazier and Donovan Wilson as the reserves?

If Dallas had no interest they would not monitor, however no one is going to berate a player under contract like Heath or any other player to the media.