Will Romo's injury spare Garrett's job?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If Romo getting injured again sends the team into the wrong direction and we end up missing the playoffs. If Romo is unable to perform like himself because of the injury. Do you think that Jerry will use this as an excuse to keep Garrett around for another year?

Jees Louise. Garrett has been mentioned as a Coach of the Year candidate. And legitimately I might add. I still have some reservations about him but they appear pretty minor compared to the big picture this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo getting injured again sends the team into the wrong direction and we end up missing the playoffs. If Romo is unable to perform like himself because of the injury. Do you think that Jerry will use this as an excuse to keep Garrett around for another year?

:facepalm:

Seriously?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think Romo is that important to the Cowboys future success. So the answer to the question is Garrett's job is safe, with or without TR around.

Keifer

Reaction score
How about looking at it this way?

If Romo is out for an extended time and JG wins the super bowl with a back up QB that nobody thought could be a top 5 QB, do you think he gets a long term extension?

It's just as likely a scenario as the one you proposed and it is what I would rather see if Romo can't play :)

It wont matter to a lot of people. If we win the super bowl it will be because of our coordinators. If we stink it up it will be because because Jerry and Jason are idiots.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
It amazes me that some discussion of the coaches retaining their jobs goes on when the Cowboys are 6-2, and doing much better than expected. Can't this wait until the Cowboys'season is over?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This again?

This thread should be moved to the deletezone

khiladi

Reaction score

his contract ends this year. If Romo is done, it shows that Garrett can't do anything without him and Romo has been saving his job and Garrett is pointless without him... Why would you want to bring him back?

DFWJC

Reaction score
It didnt for wade.

Im not quite ready to mail in this season though

The team quit on Wade.
If they quit on Garrett...and not just for few plays, but for multiple games....I think that's the only way he'd be in trouble.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Garrett is coming back. Cows could lose out and he'll be back.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what did Garrett bring to the table today?

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious the problem today was the Head Coach. In fact, I'm not sure anybody could point to anything to possibly dispute that.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious the problem today was the Head Coach. In fact, I'm not sure anybody could point to anything to possibly dispute that.

answer the question.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Still not convinced of Garrett being the optimal HC, but he's really not the problem right now(well that decision to keep Romo in the Commanders game was a head-scratcher but whatever)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
answer the question.

It's a dumb question. What does any HC "bring to the table" after a loss where the backup QB craps the bed? And how can any fan possibly answer that given what little insight we have into how the staff operated today, and what adjustments they tried to make to the fact that there was zero downfield passing game.

What it is, is you rolling over and blaming Garrett reflexively for an obvious limitation at the QB position.

dupree89

Reaction score
I have been against Garrett in previous years. But this year, I don't believe he has done anything that would force a change in head coach. Actually, I think he has done a pretty good job this year. I am going to stop typing til I cool off. Brandon Weeden has me very bitter right now. This guy is an ultimate stiff. But back to the topic, Garrett isn't to blame for this.