Will Signing ET Change Your Expectations For This Season?

Techsass

Reaction score
I've never really been on board the ET bandwagon, but I think he is a big factor in 2 play-off wins.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Right now arguably the best DLine for week 1 is:

DLaw, if not holding out
Collins, if not hurt
Crawford, Mr. Reliable clocking in at slightly above average
Taco, the disappointment

Idk that an elite safety fixes what looks to be a potential step back year for the DL. ET might give us 2 or 3 games but I think the DL could give away just as many if we dont shore this up.

conner01

Reaction score
In other words, how many additional wins do you think he adds. There is no right or wrong answer here, just curious as to what people think his impact is going to be if we sign him.

I will go first. Without ET, I think this is probably a 9-7 team.

With ET, I think he is good for two more wins so 11-5

He literally could be the difference between making the playoffs and not and Garrett getting an extension or not.
Depends on whether we keep tank and add to the team
If you add DT help and keep tank while adding ET this is a better defense
If we are depending on a second rnd pick and taco then ET doesn’t help all that much

JayFord

Reaction score
Right now arguably the best DLine for week 1 is:

DLaw, if not holding out
Collins, if not hurt
Crawford, Mr. Reliable clocking in at slightly above average
Taco, the disappointment

Idk that an elite safety fixes what looks to be a potential step back year for the DL. ET might give us 2 or 3 games but I think the DL could give away just as many if we dont shore this up.

Ya know

Maybe Taco bust out for 37.5 sacks this year?
Maybe Collins turns into Vince wilfork?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Add, ET but lose Gregory to suspension and DLaw sits out is a major net negative.

Watching the old drunk fumble around and his son, Mr Tough Negotiator, makes me question my fandom. These idiots can not ever do things right.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean Boston, Joyner, tyrann

I mean these are good safties that could help us

Yea I'd sign Boston as my FS, tyrann as my SS and then grab some help along the DL....cya in the playoffs

JayFord

Reaction score
Add, ET but lose Gregory to suspension and DLaw sits out is a major net negative.

Watching the old drunk fumble around and his son, Mr Tough Negotiator, makes me question my fandom. These idiots can not ever do things right.

You make it seem like they don’t have a brain between the 2 of them lol

Cowboys22

Reaction score
In other words, how many additional wins do you think he adds. There is no right or wrong answer here, just curious as to what people think his impact is going to be if we sign him.

He literally could be the difference between making the playoffs and not and Garrett getting an extension or not.

Slightly. Maybe 1 or 2 regular season games worth but with Garrett as coach, the players really don’t matter in the end. They will be outcoached in the playoffs if they can even make it there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think you can qualify it in a vacuum. Signing Thomas improves the secondary, but the defensive line needs work, and to have Lawrence playing. If that happens, the addition could win us another two to three games I think.

garyv

Reaction score

Yes I do think he makes a difference also in how opposing offensive coordinators prepare for games. The Cowboys need to improve at DT and Safety you get those two things you steering at a top 4 defense. The Offensive Line if back to itself can control the clock this defense is even better. They could see 11-5 or 12-4.