Will Signing ET Change Your Expectations For This Season?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It would make me expect another win or 2 maybe Unless the offense is meh again or the defense somehow takes a step backwards. Also if dlaw doesnt play that's a huge problem also

Silly

Reaction score
Unless Dallas brings in some Interior Dlinemen ET will be doing squat.

JayFord

Reaction score
Now if we sign suh and Quinn

Along with ET

I think we’d be great

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think you can qualify it in a vacuum. Signing Thomas improves the secondary, but the defensive line needs work, and to have Lawrence playing. If that happens, the addition could win us another two to three games I think.
Good points my friend.

Hopefully we can address the d-line in the second round.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why bother wondering, this is never gonna happen
ET is the only star free agent I think they will actually consider.

I mean, the Boyz offered Seattle a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline and Seattle said NO.

If they were willing to trade a 2, you don’t think they are interested in him as a free agent?

davidariust24

Reaction score
Our defense is already strong. I think the focus is on our quality of wins. I feel he alone can take a good 3-5 points a game away from our opposition, which is alot and can translate to a win or two extra. The league doesnt want to see a healthy Earl Thomas on our defense.

Angus12

Reaction score
Could’ve been worse
The battle cry of today's Dallas Cowboys fan.

We used to expect to compete for nothing less than the NFCCG. Now, when we only win one wild card game every 6-7 years or so? "Could've been worse."

Tom Landry is spinning in his grave.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, how many additional wins do you think he adds. There is no right or wrong answer here, just curious as to what people think his impact is going to be if we sign him.

I will go first. Without ET, I think this is probably a 9-7 team.

With ET, I think he is good for two more wins so 11-5

He literally could be the difference between making the playoffs and not and Garrett getting an extension or not.

We were 10-6 without him, so adding 2 wins will make us 12-4.
The expectations would be we should improve upon the 10-6 and not regress to 9-7.

Yes it happens, but just offering a different way to look at it.
We will lose some players and we will gain some players. But do not forget we should get Frederick back and players like Gallup will be better. Cooper will be here the entire year and with a full TC.

Linehan is gone. Witten is back, Other 2nd and even 3rd year players will be better.
That is why I say 10-6 should be expected to improve, bot go back to 9-7.

That is my thoughts anyway. And say improve to 12-4 with ET

Mr_437

Reaction score
Between having JG as the HC, and Earl's injury history...No.