Will T.O. play against us?

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Iggles are now 4-4 and have lost back to back games.

The only question is...will Owens play next week?

What do you think Reid will do?

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
i think they will sit him.....i know i would....they played better without him

Bizwah

Reaction score
TO is all about the money. He will miss the $200,000 check and will apologize to the organization, the team, and yes.....McNabb.

The Eagles' front office can then "save face".....sort of......This will be their "out" anyway. They've painted themselves in a corner.

Eskimo

Reaction score
No way they let him seat - they know they can't prodcue points without him and they don't have the defense to hold opponents down anymore.

I say the whole organization swallows its pride one more time and let's TO play again.

I will truly be shocked if he doesn't play against us.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have heard a few swirling rumors about fistfights with T.O. and McNabb and/or Trotter in the lockerroom.

No way he plays in Philly ever again if this is true.

I think he's done.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times will the stupid Eagles allow TO to diss McNabb and their organization? Even Reid has to have had enough by now. They should let him go. They don't need him that bad. Then again, they knew what they were getting when they signed him.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Is it even Reid's call to make or the FO?

If Reid is the one making the call, then yes, I think there's a good chance he'll play against us.

If it's the FO, then Terrible Owens may be a spectator for a while.

JMO.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Another thing. Reggie Brown's performance tonight may play a role in the decision.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...play because this league is all about winning and the Eagles are not out of it yet. If they run the table they can still squeak out the division.

There is some compromise out there that is possible and will bring both parties back to the table for the remainder of the season.

T.O.'s agent will ask him to find a compromise in order to maintain his marketability.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He'll play. We never catch those kind of breaks.

Not saying we can't beat them with TO, but it sure would be a lot easier to gameplan and execute defensively if he isn't out there looming.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
No way they let him seat - they know they can't prodcue points without him and they don't have the defense to hold opponents down anymore.

I say the whole organization swallows its pride one more time and let's TO play again.

I will truly be shocked if he doesn't play against us.

I'd be shocked if he does play... the NFL is a corporate game now... saving face for good representation is almost as important as having good talent in order for winning... A bad combination of either one can take a serious toll on a good team. Dallas had that problem with both not representing well to not having squat for talent for a while... now Filly can try to save face etc. etc.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
TO is all about the money. He will miss the $200,000 check and will apologize to the organization, the team, and yes.....McNabb.

The Eagles' front office can then "save face".....sort of......This will be their "out" anyway. They've painted themselves in a corner.

I tend to agree with this.

Also, I think T.O. simply envies McFlabb's HUGE contract, even though they play different positions. Now, Westbrook signs an extension and that's has to be a slap in the face too. It's all about the money and T.O. wants his no matter what.

:showme:

2much2soon

Reaction score
He has played his last down for the iggles and his NFL career may be over. He has gone so far over the line of inacceptable behavior I won't be surprised if no team signs him next year.
He is a proven team wrecker that just isn't worth the trouble. I just don't believe the rest of the NFL is sitting by and not paying attention to what he is doing.
Remember, there were only a couple of team interested in him(Balt&filthy) when he cried his way out of SF.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
2much2soon said:
He has played his last down for the iggles and his NFL career may be over. He has gone so far over the line of inacceptable behavior I won't be surprised if no team signs him next year.
He is a proven team wrecker that just isn't worth the trouble. I just don't believe the rest of the NFL is sitting by and not paying attention to what he is doing.
Remember, there were only a couple of team interested in him(Balt&filthy) when he cried his way out of SF.

I wish that were true, but some team is going to want to rent him for the year, who? IDK. Id have to know the intricacies of the coaching staff and how they feel about the risk reward of the guy.

...Seahawks maybe, Chargers...idk

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Some were suggesting they were going to permanently suspend him and that would be it for TO. I think Andy Reid and the Eagles organization want to send a message. And I think they are aware that this year may be a wash for them so I don't think they feel any pressure to bring back TO regardless if it is against us.

2much2soon

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I wish that were true, but some team is going to want to rent him for the year, who? IDK. Id have to know the intricacies of the coaching staff and how they feel about the risk reward of the guy.

...Seahawks maybe, Chargers...idk

I was racking my brain trying to think of a team that might take a chance on TO next year and the Chargers were one that came up. But they had a headcase WR, David Boston, and cut him loose so that might make them wary of TO.
Same with the Seahawks and Koren Robinson.
Neither were of the same talent level as TO, and didn't present the same type of problems, but in general they were problem guys who weren't worth the baggage they brought.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Say what you want, I think Andy reid does have some principles. I think he sits the rest of the year.