Will T.O. play against us?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I cant imagine any scenario that puts TO in an Eagles uniform again. I think they would go out and get Jerry Rice before they let Owens play again.

Burned bridges between, coaches, players, FO, fans. Seems like too much to overcome to me.

I agree....he will neve play for the Iggles again. I wish him to the worst team in the NFL...that will be his mental prison, someone that does not ususally get the media he's used too.

He is officially the Dennis Rodman of the NFL...just a matter of days before he puts that wedding dress on...:lmao2:

Cowchips

Reaction score
I am confused about how an "unpaid suspension" works. Doesnt that essentially mean they've fired him and he's free to look for employment elsewhere?

What rule did he violate that would allow Philly to arbitrarily suspend him without pay and not give him his outright release?

Cowchips

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I'm not talking about fist fighting with TO I'm talking about going to management and telling them that he does not want TO and the distractions he brings to the team.

The problem is you are basically talking about the Peyton Manning or Tom Brady of wide receivers. He is the best wide-out in the league and releasing him without compensation is huge.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
I am confused about how an "unpaid suspension" works. Doesnt that essentially mean they've fired him and he's free to look for employment elsewhere?

What rule did he violate that would allow Philly to arbitrarily suspend him without pay and not give him his outright release?

Conduct detrimental to the team. As of yesterdays game TO was inactive not suspended and will be paid for last week. As for the future that is in the air

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Management though is the only one who can make that choice. I just think McNabb has not been very vocal regarding TO. Just my opinion

Well, we don't know - He hasn't been talking in the press -- that doesn't mean he's not talking with Reid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
The problem is you are basically talking about the Peyton Manning or Tom Brady of wide receivers. He is the best wide-out in the league and releasing him without compensation is huge.

Philly can suspend him and can do so without payment to him. As for his skills Philly went to the SB without TO playing a down and frankly his talent is not worth the trouble he creates on a team. It takes 53 player to build a championship not 1 player and no team will sacrifice and entire team because of the action of 1. Sorry TO is not bigger than the NFL or any single team out there

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Send him to Detroit and make him play with Garcia again...lol

Cowchips

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Conduct detrimental to the team. As of yesterdays game TO was inactive not suspended and will be paid for last week. As for the future that is in the air

Thanks, I think they'll have a tough time suspending him without releasing him for comments made on ESPN. He is the best player on the team, so making a comment that McNabb can't play in pain as well as Brett Favre is kind of a stretch for justification of a suspension.

BTW..the good news is Drew Bledsoe has played with everything up to and including medal rods hanging out of his fingers. He won't fail us the way McNabb has failed Philly.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Philly can suspend him and can do so without payment to him. As for his skills Philly went to the SB without TO playing a down and frankly his talent is not worth the trouble he creates on a team. It takes 53 player to build a championship not 1 player and no team will sacrifice and entire team because of the action of 1. Sorry TO is not bigger than the NFL or any single team out there

I agree with you, I just don't think they'll win an arbitration case about something as arbitrary as comments to the media. That's a real stretch for suspending a player. Has it ever happened before?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
Thanks, I think they'll have a tough time suspending him without releasing him for comments made on ESPN. He is the best player on the team, so making a comment that McNabb can't play in pain as well as Brett Favre is kind of a stretch for justification of a suspension.

BTW..the good news is Drew Bledsoe has played with everything up to and including medal rods hanging out of his fingers. He won't fail us the way McNabb has failed Philly.

TO skill means nothing if his actions are hurting the team, his antics are dividing the eagles right now and as great as TO thinks he is he is not worth it. Philly was winning without TO. Lastly the ESPN report means little now that TO got into a fist fight with Douglas who is paid by the front office of the Eagles.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I cant imagine any scenario that puts TO in an Eagles uniform again. I think they would go out and get Jerry Rice before they let Owens play again.

Burned bridges between, coaches, players, FO, fans. Seems like too much to overcome to me.

I whole-heartedly agree, and additionally, the Eagles' coaching staff and front office would lose all credibility with th rest of the Eagles players if they let TO be involved with the franchise again, after evrything that has transpired thus far.

For this reason I hope TO plays against Dallas in the upcoming game and after because this will guarantee a Dallas victory due to the lingering distraction in the Philly clubhuose, It will also guarantee Philly's long-term demise as frsanchise. That's why, while I hope to see TO in uniform, I am seriously expecting to not see him play in Philly again.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
He is officially the Dennis Rodman of the NFL...just a matter of days before he puts that wedding dress on...:lmao2:

Dennis has 5 rings. He might be the only player in the history of the NBA to win back to back titles on different teams.

Rodman was a character, but he was not even close to being a headcase like TO.

But besides that the BIGGEST difference between the two...Rodman was selfless, not selfish.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
For this reason I hope TO plays against Dallas in the upcoming game and after because this will guarantee a Dallas victory due to the lingering distraction in the Philly clubhuose, It will also guarantee Philly's long-term demise as franchise. That's why, while I hope to see TO in uniform, I am seriously expecting to not see him play in Philly again.

haha, talk about wishful thinking. I agree though. If he comes back at this point it the Eagles wouldnt recover for years. If we're lucky they wont recover from this situation either.

TheHustler

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Dennis has 5 rings. He might be the only player in the history of the NBA to win back to back titles on different teams.

Rodman was a character, but he was not even close to being a headcase like TO.

But besides that the BIGGEST difference between the two...Rodman was selfless, not selfish.

I think Rodman also has the highest winning percentage of any player in NBA history. (probably excludes people that have one played a couple games)

dfense

Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Owens will never wear a Eagles uniform again. They are not intested in anything he has to say. Stick a fork in him, he's done in Philly.

Nothing he can do now can fix it. The bridge has burned.