Will the boys unofficially retire No. 73?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
trickblue said:
add in 8 I think too Hos...

No one has ever worn #74 either. If #88, #33 and #54 got reissued, then Allen's number should as well. He wasn't any more significant in Cowboys history than Pearson/Irvin, Dorsett or Howley/White.

The only untouchables are #8, #12, #22 and #74.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Alexander said:
No one has ever worn #74 either. If #88, #33 and #54 got reissued, then Allen's number should as well. He wasn't any more significant in Cowboys history than Pearson/Irvin, Dorsett or Howley/White.

The only untouchables are #8, #12, #22 and #74.

I agree

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I dassagree, LA's number should be removed from circulation. He was the very best at his position, ever. That alone puts him in a category above #8, 12, and 74. Emmitt's #22 and Larry's #73 should be unofficially retired.

On on another note, remember Campo's comment shortly after being fired, he said that he had the chance to coach 3 players who will go down as being the very best at their position, Deion, Emmitt and Larry.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
At least I hope to see it in the ring of honor where it belongs! LA was a great player.

groverat

Reaction score
I don't think we should retire jerseys. The ring of honor is enough.

No one is bigger than the star.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
silver said:
Noticed nobody is wearing 73 in mini camp. Fabini has 00.
The cowboys don't officially retire numbers but nobody has worn the following numbers in a regular season game after those players retired:

Will 73 be the next unofficially retired number?

no,I'm afraid not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
djdoug said:
don't forget Mike Ditka wore 89 first.

Bavaro wore 89 while with the Giants. That is why it would not surprise me to see it worn by Fasano. Just a thought.

silver

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Bavaro wore 89 while with the Giants. That is why it would not surprise me to see it worn by Fasano. Just a thought.
True. He wore 88 in college, however we seldom give draftees their college numbers anymore (except for Ware & Peterman):

Roy 38
Antonio 80
Newman 4
Julius 22
Spears 84
Al Johnson 72