Will the cheating refs be good this Sunday against Baltimore?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if Dallas had a few more calls go their way they were still going to have their butts handed to them. Blaming the refs for Jerry's team sucking is a bit lame, especially when the final score was still going to be fairly close to what it was.
Although I agree with this. But it changes the entire flow of the game so you never know. But everybody has the same problem so that’s why I don’t care about this until we hire full-time referees that are accountable nothings changing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Year in and year out I see blatant CHEATING being done by these refs against the Cowboys. Anyone who says we aren’t being plotted against by the front office just doesn’t want to see the truth. I expect a game without ref interference this Sunday or I plan to write to the NFL with my grievances. It gets worse every year and I know there are some fans here that also see what’s right in front of them. I HATE these cheating refs.
In 2023, those “Cheating refs” made the Cowboys have 1,012 yards in penalties. But those same refs penalized our opponents 1,000 in penalties too.

In 2022, we were penalized 907 yards compared to 915 for our opponents.

In 2021, we were penalized 1192 yards compared to 1,031 yards for opponents.

I know the refs miss calls against us. There were several missed against us last week. But thinking we are getting cheated in some conspiracy is just not true.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet another officiating thread to prepare for excuses if we lose. :rolleyes: Not one officiating thread after we won our opener, but there’s been two since we’ve lost to New Orleans. It’s the cheating refs that are keeping the Cowboys from being a championship team. Lol

Shane612

Reaction score
I cant believe you believe this lol
Refs do as they are told by the nfl.
They call games to suit vegas and the nfl gets kickbacks in the billions.

It is about the money , not the stupid cowboys.
Happens to all the teams.
Can they regulate blowouts?
If what you said here is true, they would have to somehow keep all the refs silent, even after they retire.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Year in and year out I see blatant CHEATING being done by these refs against the Cowboys. Anyone who says we aren’t being plotted against by the front office just doesn’t want to see the truth. I expect a game without ref interference this Sunday or I plan to write to the NFL with my grievances. It gets worse every year and I know there are some fans here that also see what’s right in front of them. I HATE these cheating refs.
Only the women refs...they will steal the game. Watch out!

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Yet another officiating thread to prepare for excuses if we lose. :rolleyes: Not one officiating thread after we won our opener, but there’s been two since we’ve lost to New Orleans. It’s the cheating refs that are keeping the Cowboys from being a championship team. Lol
Two things can be true…. Maybe we didn’t lose because of the refs last week but it’s also true they are out to get us!!!

stiletto

Reaction score
Although I agree with this. But it changes the entire flow of the game so you never know. But everybody has the same problem so that’s why I don’t care about this until we hire full-time referees that are accountable nothings changing.
Refs would change our DT's getting blown off the ball and Damone Clark sucking??

Plankton

Reaction score
Bvcjop.gif

Bing

Reaction score
Wow only two weeks into the season and you're already blaming the refs. You might want to step away for a few weeks or by game 10 you could be looking at a stroke

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Damn cheatin refs. They never seem to make the call that would benefit us the most, even in games we're not actually playing in! Damn you refs!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
I read earlier today Mahomes has had 53 interceptions called back due to penalties.

Can that be right????

https://www.mut.gg/forums/forum/spo...s-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-nfl-41311/

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yes, every team has the same problem. But I get it, Cowboys fans are solely focused on the missed calls for Dallas and either don't see or ignore all the missed calls their opponents also have.

I don't think the refs are cheating, I think that they are simply humans who make mistakes. Personally, I don't get too bent out of shape over missed calls. (Poop) happens. The timing sucks sometimes, but no one is perfect. Do we really want robotic refs calling everything they see? Do we want reviews on every play to check for infractions (since we all know a penalty can be called on every play)? Not me. I don't care for games being any longer than they already are, and that's exactly what would happen.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I cant believe you believe this lol
Refs do as they are told by the nfl.
They call games to suit vegas and the nfl gets kickbacks in the billions.

It is about the money , not the stupid cowboys.
Happens to all the teams.
Yes. Every idiot fan of every team on earth believes you’re right. It’s not about “the stupid cowboys”, that’s true. It’s about the monumentally more stupid fans, like yourself, that believes the games are staged and “the nfl gets kickbacks”.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Laugh all you want but Brady got a lot of suspicious calls for his team!!
I'm sure he did get some favorable calls, but that doesnt mean its suspicious, nor any sort of cheating by anyone. Lots of veteran QB and veteran HCs get favorable calls, and there are often reasons behind it. Those Pats teams I really dont think people realize how much attention to detail those guys had. There are numerous videos on Youtube from players on those teams talking about how detailed the ref scouting reports are, how Belichick would tell guys to wear matching glove colors of the opposing teams jerseys if colors matched so they could get away with those borderline holding calls, etc. This is an advantage that having veterans both as players and coaches can bring to your team.

Its also true that Mahomes leads the league in INTs brought back due to penalties.....what we also have to look at though is the fact that Mahomes also tends to be near the top of the league in pass attempts every year. He's also become one of the best in the league (probably 2nd after Rodgers) at getting players to jump offsides, notice it, and take the free play shot down field. KC has also had a number of players (Hill, Kelce, etc) who create mismatches and defenders have to play aggressive and will get more flags in the process.

Yes missed calls happen, even for the Cowboys, and we saw an easy facemask not called early on in the NO game. In general though there is zero evidence to suggest that the refs are out to get the Cowboys or prop up Mahomes. Do I think Parsons should get more holding calls? Maybe....look around the league at how many other top EDGE players are drawing flags. JJ Watt and Myles Garrett had the same issues last year. Overall you only see about an average of 1 holding call per team in a game, and the majority of those are called on run plays. So yeah I do wish they would call the games by the book, but its been pretty well established that the refs are going to give OL some margin of error in pass blocking to protect these QBs from getting too beat up.

Continue to call out the refs, people need to be doing this to hold the league to a certain level of accountability and avoid a Tim Donaghy situation, but there seems to be zero evidence of actual corruption among NFL refs. If I'm wrong there and you have evidence i'm all ears, but I'm yet to see any data that suggests anything out of the norm beyond a standard deviation that would cause a red flag. It's all been "I know what my eyes tell me" arguments.