Will the cheating refs be good this Sunday against Baltimore?

LysleE

Reaction score
I think when a team is consistently among the lead leaders in penalties they invite increased scrutiny by the referees…the Cowboys have never been a disciplined team so the penalties are no real surprise.
Now is there a bias towards the Cowboys, the self-anointed “America”s Team”, a moniker that reeks of entitlement and combined with the obnoxiousness of Jerry Jones? That probably rubs people the wrong way…referees included.

Creeper

Reaction score
The problem with the officiating in the NFL is it is inconsistent. If they call holding on one team, they have to call holding on the other team if they repeat the same infraction. We don't see that and it raises the question of fairness. This isn't a Cowboys thing, it is all around the league. You see holding all the time in NFL games. Most of the time it is not called but when it is called we wonder what was different about that play than all the others they let go? We have the same issues with PI, Illegal Contact, and sometimes even false starts.

One problem is they have made allowances in the rules so refs have to use judgement instead of calling black and white penalties. For example, blockers can grab onto shoulder pads inside the shoulders and refs will not call holding. But if the hands get too far outside, or if the blocker does not let go soon enough if the defenders changes direction, they will throw a flag. It becomes a judgement call. Hence the inconsistency.

I don't know how they fix it but I do believe that the refs have an impact on the outcome of games. I won't say it is against the Cowboys. Watch enough football and you realize it is a problem all over the league.

I favor the replay rule for certain penalties. I think Illegal contact, PI on either side, false start, encroachment, Illegal man downfield. Illegal touching, and facemasks should all be reviewable with the intent of getting the call right and not just backing up the refs, like the old replay for PI rule did.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The problem with the officiating in the NFL is it is inconsistent. If they call holding on one team, they have to call holding on the other team if they repeat the same infraction. We don't see that and it raises the question of fairness. This isn't a Cowboys thing, it is all around the league. You see holding all the time in NFL games. Most of the time it is not called but when it is called we wonder what was different about that play than all the others they let go? We have the same issues with PI, Illegal Contact, and sometimes even false starts.

One problem is they have made allowances in the rules so refs have to use judgement instead of calling black and white penalties. For example, blockers can grab onto shoulder pads inside the shoulders and refs will not call holding. But if the hands get too far outside, or if the blocker does not let go soon enough if the defenders changes direction, they will throw a flag. It becomes a judgement call. Hence the inconsistency.

I don't know how they fix it but I do believe that the refs have an impact on the outcome of games. I won't say it is against the Cowboys. Watch enough football and you realize it is a problem all over the league.

I favor the replay rule for certain penalties. I think Illegal contact, PI on either side, false start, encroachment, Illegal man downfield. Illegal touching, and facemasks should all be reviewable with the intent of getting the call right and not just backing up the refs, like the old replay for PI rule did.
The most important factor in discussing call consistency is that the average fan doesn't even know what the hell penalties actually are. Holding is a good one. Most fans have no clue what holding actually is or isn't. Forget about even trying to mention the exemptions at play. So if anyone is going to try to talk about comparison inconsistencies, they need to know what they're looking at in the first place. A lot don't, and they certainly don't pull tape to prove what they're saying which is why you get all this "I have seen ...." mumbo jumbo.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Year in and year out I see blatant CHEATING being done by these refs against the Cowboys. Anyone who says we aren’t being plotted against by the front office just doesn’t want to see the truth. I expect a game without ref interference this Sunday or I plan to write to the NFL with my grievances. It gets worse every year and I know there are some fans here that also see what’s right in front of them. I HATE these cheating refs.
You can do what I did a few years ago and write your Congress Person. This year, I'm not seeing blatant cheating by the referees yet, we just have a less that average team because the clowns that run this organization did nothing to fix the glaring issues in the offseason.

We're screwed.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Because we’re America’s team and it’s all jealousy !!
Every single official for over a quarter of a century are simultaneously jealous of the Cowboys? And they all agree to keep it amongst themselves? And the Vegas books have never caught on? You understand what your suggesting is so ignorant I think my IQ has dropped a few points simply because I’m responding to you.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Who do we blame for every analyst who sees our D's biggest problem being they are bullied downfield by opposing teams bigger and stronger linemen?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a silly thread ...... The Cowboys are not "cheated" anymore than any other team.

Certain players get calls ....... Usually because they have earned it.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Year in and year out I see blatant CHEATING being done by these refs against the Cowboys. Anyone who says we aren’t being plotted against by the front office just doesn’t want to see the truth. I expect a game without ref interference this Sunday or I plan to write to the NFL with my grievances. It gets worse every year and I know there are some fans here that also see what’s right in front of them. I HATE these cheating refs.

The cheating refs were in the house, but they were on the Cowboys’ side. Baltimore wins by two touchdowns or more without the aid the officials gave Dallas. When Baltimore looked like they were just going to bleed the clock dry the game became a flag fest the last quarter-gotta keep those viewers viewing.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The cheating refs were in the house, but they were on the Cowboys’ side. Baltimore wins by two touchdowns or more without the aid the officials gave Baltimore. When Baltimore looked like they were just going to bleed the clock dry the game became a flag fest the last quarter-gotta keep those viewers viewing.
We got so many breaks