News: Will the Dallas Cowboys go after a top free agent?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't believe they're even remotely interested in Thomas. He's almost 30, he won't be capable of producing the production of the contract he'll demand and he's already talked of retiring. He's exactly what they have said you don't sigh in free agency for the last 20 years!

We'll have to wait and see. I keep reading stories linking him to Dallas.

But your points about age and salary are well taken and it does goes against much of what they've done recently. But Thomas I also arguably the best in the game at his position and a multi-time Pro Bowler and All-Pro selection. He'd solve their issues at the position for several years.

It will be interesting to watch.

exciter

Reaction score

But your points about age and salary are well taken and it does goes against much of what they've done recently. But Thomas I also arguably the best in the game at his position and a multi-time Pro Bowler and All-Pro selection. He'd solve their issues at the position for several years.

At his age and size he's on par for a major drop in production if history holds. He's also always benefited from having a dline that creates constant pressure. Something this team can't provide at this time. Guess I just lean towards building from front to back. Would rather put resources into finishing the line 1st. Too much history says buyer beware!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At his age and size he's on par for a major drop in production if history holds. He's also always benefited from having a dline that creates constant pressure. Something this team can't provide at this time. Guess I just lean towards building from front to back. Would rather put resources into finishing the line 1st. Too much history says buyer beware!

Nothing wrong with that!

We're all entitled to an opinion!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we need to stop wtih the RKG crap and get someone with attitude who plays the game regardless.

diefree666

Reaction score
...In 2015, 2016 and 2017 the front office failed in finding a permanent “Brian Urlacher type” MLB to drive this defense. Sean Lee is indeed best at WLB. Rafael Vela and I were musing on this the other night how the entire D performs differently when a dominant guy is in the middle. Rolando McClain was that beast. A freak of nature with incredible wingspan and the ability to change direction on a dime while running sideline to sideline. This holds down the running game and protects the middle passing zone. Just like Urlacher used to do in Chicago. Thow in Sean Lee on the weak side with such a dominant MLB presence and you’ve got an entirely new ball game for the Cowboys defense.

Not the case however as purple-dank took McClain away and the team worked at replacing him with mid-round picks and players with devastating, career-threatening, knee injuries.Bottom line the MLB position has been woefully understaffed while “potential” players have watched from the trainer’s table or limped through a sub-par effort on the field. In the corporate world, they call that a fail...

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...boys-winning-formula-missing-key-pieces.html/
Rolando McClain I put in the same category as Duane Thomas and Hollywood Henderson. Someone who could have been a HOF but their demons won.
I think back to what might have been if we had had McClain at his best the last three seasons.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Rolando McClain I put in the same category as Duane Thomas and Hollywood Henderson. Someone who could have been a HOF but their demons won.
I think back to what might have been if we had had McClain at his best the last three seasons.

The purple drinker was a beast when he wanted to be.

jrumann59

Reaction score
IF you held a gun to my head about Hitchens or Cooper I would take Hitchens. Both are at their ceiling performance wise Hitchens ceiling is higher. Cooper did an admirable job but for what he did you can find guys in FA that can do the same or better for less money. Same can be said for Hitchens but he does have positional flex and with SLB up in the air due to Wilson's road rage issue last year, if he does not end up in jail he is most likely going to be suspended for 4-6 games. Hitchens can play SLB as well as the other two LB positions since we have injury concerns there.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
I think back to what might have been if we had had McClain at his best the last three seasons.[/QUOTE

I'm sure Raider fans felt the same way. He was a top 10 pick who had everything you want in a MLB expect for common sense. He teased us early on and I was excited as anyone when McClain would hit a guy so hard you could hear the "pop" of the shoulder pads. Unfortunately he reverted back to being a flake and a knucklehead. He brought a physical presence that the Cowboys LB core had not had in a very long time.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

All those stories are SPECULATION. They're sportswriters who have speculated this to get clicks on their articles. Until Jerry or Stephen come out and say they are trying or have made a trade for Thomas (I very seriously doubt) then all it is, is speculation, guessing, making a story that people will click on.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, they won't.

Easy question.

Ask another.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys will have trouble keeping all of their own free agents free agency and the league is made for this to happen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm in complete disagreement with this article, how about you?

I'd much prefer Cooper back for offensive line cohesiveness than that crazy money he's talking about for Hitchens!
The Landry Hat is barely more than a group of 5th graders...

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Yet, the Pats can sign any scrub off their couch and not miss a beat. What does that tell us???
Either Belichick is luckiest man alive or he is getting the hang of this coaching thing. The word is he even coaches the coaches.