Will The Yankees and Mets Win More Than 80 Games This Year?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think the loss of Eovaldi hurts more than the loss of Tex.

I go back to the trading deadline and how the BJ's ramped up while the Yankees did nothing... that's propelled one and the other just sorta stagnated.

The Yankees brought up Bird, Severino, Ackley.

As great as the blue jays have been... We are right there. Tonight was the only game vs jays that we weren't in the game.

What will jays do with price, tulu etc after this half season?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
you need veterans in a penant race. The Yankees wont win the division. 4 games back and getting beat like they did this weekend at their home might do the same thing to them it did to the Nationals last week.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Yankees brought up Bird, Severino, Ackley.

As great as the blue jays have been... We are right there. Tonight was the only game vs jays that we weren't in the game.

What will jays do with price, tulu etc after this half season?

No matter what the B-Jays do with those two guys, they're sitting pretty right now and the Yanks starting pitching is in shambles.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you need veterans in a penant race. The Yankees wont win the division. 4 games back and getting beat like they did this weekend at their home might do the same thing to them it did to the Nationals last week.

It was a wicked beat down by the Blue-Jays.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They gotta win out the rest against the Jays to have any chance at all. I think they are done. They have to play to hold the wildcard now I think.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No matter what the B-Jays do with those two guys, they're sitting pretty right now and the Yanks starting pitching is in shambles.

Game 1 Severino was due for bad game. I don't expect that again when he faces jays.

Game 2 of series was there for he win. We didn't get that hit with bases loaded. It crumbled from there.

Game 3 was jet flat put carry over beat down from 2nd half of game 2.

Game 4 let's see.

The blue jays are on fire. No doubt. Up until this series we hung with them. They beat us games 2 and 3 without price and tulu. It's just losses team vs team. Trade didn't affect those two games.

Never give up.... We are not orioles or mets fans.

Wait until the cardinals get a hold of the mets.

Now, you are confident? Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They gotta win out the rest against the Jays to have any chance at all. I think they are done. They have to play to hold the wildcard now I think.

Wow. Right in the thick of it. 4 games left vs jays.

Wow. You feel how you feel.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wow. Right in the thick of it. 4 games left vs jays.

Wow. You feel how you feel.

Just doing the math. There are only like 20 games left and we have to make up 4.5 games. We are not playing well, 5 straight dropped. We do have 4 games left but they are all played in about a two week span. The Jays are 7-3 over their last 10. They would have to get cold soon and the Yankees would have to get hot today. Not saying it can't be done but the Yankees didn't do themselves any favors.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just doing the math. There are only like 20 games left and we have to make up 4.5 games. We are not playing well, 5 straight dropped. We do have 4 games left but they are all played in about a two week span. The Jays are 7-3 over their last 10. They would have to get cold soon and the Yankees would have to get hot today. Not saying it can't be done but the Yankees didn't do themselves any favors.

You don't act this way about the cowboys. ;-)

No game is pre-decided. "That's why they play the game"

Even though we are playing like orioles in Yankee uniforms.... We are not the orioles. Ask @WPBCowboysFan

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You don't act this way about the cowboys. ;-)

No game is pre-decided. "That's why they play the game"

Even though we are playing like orioles in Yankee uniforms.... We are not the orioles. Ask @WPBCowboysFan

I understand when we have a chance to win the division and a chance to win a wildcard. But you are right, it's never say die with the Cowboys. You got me there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I understand when we have a chance to win the division and a chance to win a wildcard. But you are right, it's never say die with the Cowboys. You got me there.

Nahhhhhhh.... I don't want to "get you" .... We won today. Should have split the series. There is still life and hope in this team.

We get hot at right time... I mean 90 runs in 10 games-type hot. We are golden!

I bleed two shades of blue.... Royal blue and Navy blue! ;-)

Rogah

Reaction score
With the exception of Chris Davis and Manny, and the bullpen, its been a bunch of under achievers. A few injuries but nobody has stepped up. As much as the Yanks have over achieved this year the Orioles have under achieved. Maybe its the curse of RG3 in that region.
Maybe it's because once they got cheating, they couldn't play well.

1282489195957494416.jpg

The Orioles are the team in this picture, right?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
LOL, Dude you are heartless. As the voice in Field of Dreams said, "Ease his Pain"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Not at all. Just saying his loss cripples the team. Along with a hurt evoldir, old sabathia, and drug free arod.

I think the loss of Eovaldi hurts more than the loss of Tex.

I go back to the trading deadline and how the BJ's ramped up while the Yankees did nothing... that's propelled one and the other just sorta stagnated.

Well...here we go... It's do or die for Yankees. Yes, wild card is there but these next 17 games will really show us what we have. Will we get hot at the right time? I think so.

Mets - they are in. Unless they do that end of season trap door collapse. It will still be a battle with us.
Orioles - are dead. All they can do us play spoiler with last 3 games vs us
Blue Jays - if they hit that slump here, they are done. Bubble has to burst at some point.

17 games to decide who wins division.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e-bWP2IIA0s/U_oq5DdUwrI/AAAAAAAAUvY/brv98hGi8kg/s1600/SuperBondGirl%2Bvs%2BDanjaq,%2B(******%2Bpeople),%2BNancy%2BTiscareno,%2BBailbonds,%2BSeyfarth%2BShaw%2Battorneys,%2BSuperBondGirltrademark,.jpg

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Citi Field is going to be rocking. Hoping the Mets do the sweep and they have a chance with Niese not pitching.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point late in the season, the Mets just need to play defensive. The goal is not to get swept, got to take at least one this weekend.

Wash is probably going to win two, maybe three. We can go down to 6 but 5 would scare me and bring back the collapse memories. After Sunday, the Mets have a favorable schedule, just have to get past the Yankees relatively intact.

I will take a 6 game lead with 13 to play. Winning two against them would all but seal up the division and thank goodness Niese isn't pitching :omg: