Will this be a bounce back year for Zeke Elliott?

NotForLong

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

The QB Guru speaks!!!!!

If you were in the ballpark at all I would respond, but nothing you say in there makes any sense at all.
So you are responding to announce that you will not be responding
:huh:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
1. He had an accuracy problem early in his career. He has normalized. You haven’t changed your perception yet.
2. This is BS. You are just throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks.
3. The offensive line.
@NotForLong did you skip this? Didn’t like the answers?

12+88=7

Reaction score
This is how CowboyRoy's hate of Elliott blinds him to the facts.

Since Elliott has been in the league this is how many RBs have had more than the 1357 yards Elliott had last year.

2016 Elliott 1631
2019 Henry 1540
2019 Chubb 1494
2018 Elliott 1434
2019 McCafferty 1387
2019 Elliott 1357

In four years the list consists of three players, WOW!

Mannix

Reaction score
NO...every time I see a pic of him, he looks like he weighs 300 lbs.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Bounce back? Laughable.....
Ima newbie in da hood here....is OP a joksta? Or jus nuther “sum people’s chillren”...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Bounce back? Laughable.....
Ima newbie in da hood here....is OP a joksta? Or jus nuther “sum people’s chillren”...
OP is someone that thinks he knows more than everyone else.
Good people... semi-good people, but you won't get him to back off an idea, or ideology he sides with.
There are several people here like this.

plasticman

Reaction score
My biggest criticism of Jason Garrett was the way he would abandon the run in a heartbeat regardless of performance. Elliot could be on a tear and the next set of downs would be pass after pass. The Packer and Bills games, both losses are two examples. In the Bills game Zeke averaged 6 yards a carry and was given only 12 carries. At one point Dak passed 11 consecutive times, four of them 1st and goal at the Bills 9.

I liked the Parcells strategy. If you find something they can't stop then keep doing it until they can stop it.

Elliott is the kind of RB that gets better the more he is used. He averaged 4.4 yards his first 20 carries in a game during the 2019 season. After 20 carries he averaged 5.4 yards a carry.

Elliott averaged 5 yards a carry in December.

By the way, how do you need a bounce back season after you have almost 1800 yards from scrimmage with 14 TD's the previous one?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This is how CowboyRoy's hate of Elliott blinds him to the facts.

Since Elliott has been in the league this is how many RBs have had more than the 1357 yards Elliott had last year.

2016 Elliott 1631
2019 Henry 1540
2019 Chubb 1494
2018 Elliott 1434
2019 McCafferty 1387
2019 Elliott 1357

In four years the list consists of three players, WOW!

He is one of 3 more that I can think of. Just like the 4 horsemen when it comes to Dak. I know when it comes to Dak, I know it's about time to get my laugh on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To be sufficiently candid, Zeke may not be quite the electric RB that he was as a rookie but he's still highly productive as a power back. If that's not quite enough for any contrived reason, this offense has another dynamic running mate available in Tony Pollard. Put together, they'll easily comprise an effective one-two punch for Coach Mike to rely upon for a consistently productive ground game. The Cowboys' RB situation is truly in excellent hands! :)

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
By the way, how do you need a bounce back season after you have almost 1800 yards from scrimmage with 14 TD's the previous one?
Because when he is in the open field with a future Hall of Fame offensive lineman as a lead blocker against a 2nd year safety, he can’t allow the safety to win the battle. That 12 yard gain when it should have been a home run is why he needs to bounce back. 2016 Zeke takes it to the house.

JBond

Reaction score
Bounce back from what?
BD... you know his game breaking plays have diminished. +20 runs are nonexistent. Any RB with that many carries could manage 4 a year. Any single RB in the league could do it.

He is a good short yardage power back.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i was hoping the article imply some theories and ideas as to why Zeke has fallen off his 2016 version.
and how we can best bring him back from

4 reasons why:

1. Oline is no longer the best in the NFL. They were completely dominating everyone
2. Zeke and the run game is no longer sneaking up on anyone like the rookie year. The runs and Zeke have become predictable on what he can do well and what Garrett liked to do and cant do.
3. Zeke has gotten fat and happy. So to speak.
4. Zeke REALLY wasnt actually as good as he looked his rookie year. He has limitations.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
4 reasons why:

1. Oline is no longer the best in the NFL. They were completely dominating everyone
2. Zeke and the run game is no longer sneaking up on anyone like the rookie year. The runs and Zeke have become predictable on what he can do well and what Garrett liked to do and cant do.
3. Zeke has gotten fat and happy. So to speak.
4. Zeke REALLY wasnt actually as good as he looked his rookie year. He has limitations.

See where you going but on number 2 are you really sneaking up on teams, when you had the most expensive OL in football and took the best back at number 4 pick. I think teams knew your intentions going into that season, if not there were some fools in the DC positions. It was more less could you stop what you knew was headed your way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
See where you going but on number 2 are you really sneaking up on teams, when you had the most expensive OL in football and took the best back at number 4 pick. I think teams knew your intentions going into that season, if not there were some fools in the DC positions. It was more less could you stop what you knew was headed your way.

First half of the year we caught teams off guard. 2nd half not so much. Both Dak and Zeke.