Will this be a Rinse and Repeat season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The 'rinse and repeat' would have meant we'd have restructured Coop and re-signed Gregory. That would have kicked the can and would repeat the problem in 2023 as our CAP situation (Taking into account the La'el addition and the Coop /Randy contracts) would be....in CAP deficit of about $30m (even if we released both Coop and Gregory we'd still be $27m over).

At some time you have to reset and stop the 'rinse and repeat', we did it this year (granted as much by accident as by design), we are left with an inferior roster, but it's younger and something to decent to build on......and with a chance of the play-offs in 2022.
Will hope for the best, but I don't have high expectations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Until proven otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming season will end up like the others.
Cowboys will beat all of the sub par teams on the schedule, lose to most if not all playoff contending teams, win the NFC East, lose early in the playoff to a legitimate playoff team.
Well the same people are running the show, jerry and his boy.
The same coaches as last year lol think of that last play of the season lol.
Mostly the same players, few new ones who may help.

But to me the key is the Same HC, and same OC will lead to same results.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until proven otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming season will end up like the others.
Cowboys will beat all of the sub par teams on the schedule, lose to most if not all playoff contending teams, win the NFC East, lose early in the playoff to a legitimate playoff team.

You can't just say that with only a 26 year sample size. You're guessing.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Yes it will be absolutely a rinse and repeat season. Also every season Jerry and Stephen control the team will also be a rinse and repeat season.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Or some people can just admit when their team isn't good enough.
There were 31 teams last year that wasn't good enough. Every team has a 0.032 chance at winning a SB, week one. If a team makes it to the playoffs, they then have a 0.14 chance of reaching the SB.

There is a reason Farve, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, and Wilson have only won one. The ***** isn't easy to do.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were 31 teams last year that wasn't good enough. Every team has a 0.032 chance at winning a SB, week one. If a team makes it to the playoffs, they then have a 0.14 chance of reaching the SB.

There is a reason Farve, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, and Wilson have only won one. The ***** isn't easy to do.

This just in. The Jaguars and Rams had the same chance of winning the Super Bowl in week 1 last year.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'll cheer for the Cowboys until they are eliminated or become super bowl champs. Wash rinse repeat. :flagwave: If you're expecting the worse don't forget to add the fabric softener :laugh:

:huh:I just don't understand no optimism before the season starts.
Let's go Cowboys! :flagwave:

Please see the previous 26 years with the same people in charge doing almost exactly the same things they've done before for a reason for the lack of optimism.

ICP

Reaction score
That prediction would be out of the ordinary, when was the last time Dallas had back-to-back winning seasons let alone back-to-back years with playoff appearances? Rinse and repeat would be a losing record this year

Reid1boys

Reaction score

uhmmm, just using statistics, yea. Seeing how 31 other teams are having rinse and repeat seasons.... yea, Id put my money on no SB.

Damn it, I guess I can just not watch this year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Please see the previous 26 years with the same people in charge doing almost exactly the same things they've done before for a reason for the lack of optimism.

Im just curious if you can tell me what the Bengals did last year that was so different from their previous 33 years that allowed them to become a "Power?"

tm1119

Reaction score

Rinse and repeat doesn’t involve the Cowboys winning the NFC East again. There hasn’t been a back to back division winner since 2004 and I don’t see any reason to be confident that will happen this year. The other 3 teams have made improvements while the Cowboys arguably took a step back.

CWR

Reaction score
And you're still here.....they must be doing something right.

They were building something when I became a hard core at the age of 12 or so. Now they can crap all over me as much as they want. I'm no team changer. A lack of loyalty disgusts me.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I start every season the same, optimistically. This could be the year... Go Cowboys

jerry-jones-pointing.gif

slick325

Reaction score
How many back to back playoff teams have Jerry and Stephen put on the field in the last two decades? Seriously asking since I'm too lazy to look it up.

Them missing the playoffs after having a good season would be rinse, wash, repeat.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Im just curious if you can tell me what the Bengals did last year that was so different from their previous 33 years that allowed them to become a "Power?"
Spent a number one pick on the most important position on any team i.e. the QB.
Like to tell me the last time the Cowboys did that? (hint in was in the 80's).
In addition with Andy Dalton at QB they did go to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Now I know they didn't win any playoff games but at least their Front Office showed some consistency and the ability to maintain a level of performance that the Cowboys haven't shown in the last 26 years.
So there's two thing that spring to mind.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

But it's not just about last year but the last 26 years.
We haven't even been to the NFC Championship game in that timeframe when 12 other teams have been two or more times!