Will this be our starting DL vs Giants

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You realize that Jack Crawford did much, much more than Gregory did as a part time player

Gregory has more talent in his pinkie than Crawford has in his entire body and I was projecting Gregory out without the issues.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was such a fine line between deepest in 10 years and sad.

A healthy fully engaged Gregory could be a pro bowl type player, same with DLaw, that's over 20% of the rotation. Pull two very good players out of any rotation what are you left with? Mostly mediocrity.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Last year the Giants had 20 drives against Dallas. They scored a TD on a 1 yard drive. And had a good 70 yard drive for a TD in the second game. They failed to score a TD on the other 18 drives.

Dallas complied 996 yards of offense.
NYG had 578 yards.

1st Downs 54 to 31.

NYG got into the Red Zone 7 times and scored 2 TDs.
Dallas got into the Red Zone 7 times and scored 4 TDs.

Turnovers were 7-0 in favor of NYG.

None of that means anything. Last year we had romo.

The giants defense on opening day started robbert ayers jr, marcus kuhn, brandon merriweather, owanie unga, akmukamara and rookie collins in his first game.

Those guys have all been seriously upgraded JPP, Vernon, Harrison, Cassillas, jenkins and apple and thompson at the other safety spot. Plus owa ziggy, kerry wynn and romeo okwara have all been good in the preseason.

The defense Dallas will line up against vs the giants sunday is about as different as our offensive line in 2012 to today. They are an excellent group and I will go as far as to say this might be the best defensive line we play all year.

The yardage total from last years games means nothing. Zilch. Go watch the opener from last year and you will see that defense was a mess and we still had our moments of trouble against them.

Not sure why people are overlooking this but Dak Prescott is in for a very difficult day. Hopefully he excells, but this notion of their defense stinks and we went right through them last year is complete nonsense.

dfense

Reaction score
So what your saying is, I should start Jennings at RB this week.

I will not. Believe!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So what your saying is, I should start Jennings at RB this week.

I will not. Believe!

no stay away from there running game. I think they attack us with all kinds of quick throws to backs and crossing routes and pick routes to shepherd, cruz, harris and deep shots to beckham after they set it up.

They are already talking up there about getting victor cruz a big play early after all the hard work he has put in to return.

I bet vereen has a big day though.

Falco78

Reaction score
Our starting o-line against their starting d-line is a battle of two great groups while our starting d-line against their starting o-line is a battle of pathetic

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Our starting o-line against their starting d-line is a battle of two great groups while our starting d-line against their starting o-line is a battle of pathetic

that is half true. I think the left side of their line will be good. And if beatty is ready to play right tackle at some point they will be pretty solid, especially with the nature of that passing attack.

not sure I see them being a physical running team at any point however and sometimes that is just the nature of these west coast lifer offensive assistants.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

The giants defense on opening day started robbert ayers jr, marcus kuhn, brandon merriweather, owanie unga, akmukamara and rookie collins in his first game.

Those guys have all been seriously upgraded JPP, Vernon, Harrison, Cassillas, jenkins and apple and thompson at the other safety spot. Plus owa ziggy, kerry wynn and romeo okwara have all been good in the preseason.

The defense Dallas will line up against vs the giants sunday is about as different as our offensive line in 2012 to today. They are an excellent group and I will go as far as to say this might be the best defensive line we play all year.

The yardage total from last years games means nothing. Zilch. Go watch the opener from last year and you will see that defense was a mess and we still had our moments of trouble against them.

Not sure why people are overlooking this but Dak Prescott is in for a very difficult day. Hopefully he excells, but this notion of their defense stinks and we went right through them last year is complete nonsense.
If you put your pompoms down for a second you might notice that you listed a bunch of defensive players, some of whom have never done anything tbh, in response to me pointing out how Dallas has handled their offense. You know, the whole point of the thread.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If you put your pompoms down for a second you might notice that you listed a bunch of defensive players, some of whom have never done anything tbh, in response to me pointing out how Dallas has handled their offense. You know, the whole point of the thread.

Yes I get that but you keep mentioning how we had 430+

Who? Jenkins is a good corner and perfect fit, Harrison is a stud run defender and a massive human, JPP and Vernon will be trouble all night and the linebackers though nothing great are better than last years group.

and pom poms? Hardly, I like to understand the team Dallas is playing each week and imo we are playing a good one this week.

They have flaws and they have that odd coaching situation. I don't see them running the ball on us at all but they should throw it all over the place.

This giants team is night and day different from last years. Hopefully we win a tough fought game.

and I will say this no matter what is said about prescott or the perception of the giants because of last years yardage totals if we win and he plays well the sky could be the limit for him because again imo this might be the best defensive line we play all year. Cincy has a good one and philly has a good one, tampa also it appears but this group coupled with spagnuolo's pressure packages and ability to blitz from anywhere at anytime is a real challenge.

My hope is they blitz too much and give Dak easy throws and elliot/morris giant lanes to run through.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A healthy fully engaged Gregory could be a pro bowl type player, same with DLaw, that's over 20% of the rotation. Pull two very good players out of any rotation what are you left with? Mostly mediocrity.

I doubt I could pull two players, one of which who hasn't done a damn thing in the league, off the roster and turn a deepest in years group to just sad.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Theebs, you are making it sound like the Giants D is better than the days of Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson and crew. I am not ready to put them in the Hall of Fame just yet. Their offense was terrible throughout the preseason, and while that means little it still might be a lot to expect them to come out firing on all cylinders.

I just think that our offense is going to have an answer for their defense. If they play us straight up, I know we will be able to run on them. If they put 8 in the box, I know our receivers will be able to get open for big plays. Witten has killed them the last three years, with 7 td's in those 6 games.

Our D line should be able to nullify their run game, making it easier to just concentrate on coverage, giving the defense a fighting chance. The key for us is to limit the big plays in the passing game. We have to make them drive it down the field over and over. That isn't easy when you can't run the ball. The other huge key is getting pressure right in Manning's face, which I believe our group of DT's will be able to do.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

What makes you think we will ever see a healthy, fully engaged Gregory?

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Last year the Giants had 20 drives against Dallas. They scored a TD on a 1 yard drive. And had a good 70 yard drive for a TD in the second game. They failed to score a TD on the other 18 drives.

Dallas complied 996 yards of offense.
NYG had 578 yards.

1st Downs 54 to 31.

NYG got into the Red Zone 7 times and scored 2 TDs.
Dallas got into the Red Zone 7 times and scored 4 TDs.

Turnovers were 7-0 in favor of NYG.
Absolutely mind blowing stat when you look at the whole picture.

xvendettax914

Reaction score

10/9/16. I respectfully disagree.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our defense will struggle on 3rd downs. It just is what it is. We will sink or swim on offense. A ball controlled attack that limits turnovers or we are cooked.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
10/9/16. I respectfully disagree.

atkins is a stud, but are their ends as good? are the rotational guys as good?

I think the vikings and giants are the two toughest lines we will face but if JPP is healthy and ready I give the nod to the giants.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
atkins is a stud, but are their ends as good? are the rotational guys as good?

I think the vikings and giants are the two toughest lines we will face but if JPP is healthy and ready I give the nod to the giants.
Dunlap had 13.5 sacks and 2 Ff last season.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that we do well. We added pieces so hopefully were productive. I think scandrick back and jones at safety also will help the defense overall