Will Trysten Hill serve out crow sammiches today?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.
I was not down on him like some here.
He was solid until his knee injury and those take awhile to overcome.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.
Stop lying, nobody wants him to fail. He failed himself. If he has a great year the most any smart gm would do is franchise him. Trysten hill fans are funny

jwitten82

Reaction score
You lost credibility, here.
If you don't know, I won't explain it to you. Because your dislike for this team will not allow you to accept the truth.
So I won't waste my time.
Lol what, I seriously wanna know. What have I said negative about this team? Hell I predicted they win the east playboi

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Here's a better question: do you think Hill makes this roster next year as he'll be a UDFA?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What wrong with me saying that word? That's how I talk mayne

@Corso , set this dude straight
mc-hammer.gif

Can't touch this playboi.

quickccc

Reaction score

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

Hill did well to perform in both camp and preseason. And it’s looking like, to much dismay and disappointment of many anti-Hill haters, he will be a part of the DL rotation.

The 2nd part of potential “ Red Wedding “ may come in how Hill performs during the reg. season.

But I’ve always said – I wanna see what a fully healthy and more disciplined, focused Trysten Hill under Quinn’s crew and scheme can do in a full length season.
Imo, I think he could possibly our best interior pass rusher among the DTs. He has the girth and size that Osa does not, and he has the agility and change of direction that Gallimore does not.

Heck he is the only DL guy that is not even wearing gloves,.. tape or elbow pads .. that’s pure raw Jethro Bodine country.!! Lol

- i believe Fowler has work history with Quinn in his ATL days, ..as far as locker room brood- i’ll leave that to the coaches, i did wonder why he was both on the street and came so cheap.
Otherwise i can see why club likes Fowler.
More so, this is a former top 5th overall guy and one who did collect double digit sacks (11 with Rams) .when you have that kind of talent for so cheap.
rotation role or not, I can look forward to him (and Williams) as a rusher than i can Armstrong.

- Ridgeway is a draft pick. Late round or not, Usually they like to see if they can stretch draft picks out on the roster before they call it quits,
Maybe they think Ridgeway may mimic Bohanna in his 2nd year in 2023 after offseason, further coaching and possibly small playing time. in spots ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Crow for what? He looked good for the first time in his career this preseason, against guys who aren't going to be in the league.

What are we eating crow for, exactly?

Wake me up when he performs against legit NFL offensive lineman.

Chargers' Zion Johnson was probably the top OG prospect in this years' draft. and he is gonna be in the league for quite some time
Try again ..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really.
Marinelli screwed him up his rookie season.
Then he had 2 years of injuries. But when he was healthy he flashed some signs of why he was drafted.
2nd round was too high, they could have gotten him in the 3rd. Would that make some feel better then?

He has had a good TC and the coaches have said so. Let's see what he can do. Then maybe it is time to move or, or not.
and how many defensive scheme/coordinator changes? 75% of the other teammates who were here on defense are now GONE.,,lots of changes,

Jarntt

Reaction score
He has been horrible here and one of our worst draft picks in recent memory and a big part of why our DTs have been so bad. But as of about two weeks ago I think everyone thought he was going to make the 53, right? Let's hope he plays much better this year if he gets game day snaps (and he should) because we sure could use some better DT play this year. It's about rooting for the team, not for/against a particular player

conner01

Reaction score
Crow for what? Making the 53? Guy has done nothing in this league.
Totally agree
It is expected that a guy picked where he was makes the team
I do expect a good season from him
He’s healthy and it’s a contract year
Money is a tremendous motivator lol

blueblood70

Reaction score

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

Id like to add also crow eating as many here want Greir and Davis they will see Rush and Dowdle.. open the complaint door on full not that its not open 24-7 it will be the worst 5pm eastern responses to Jerry final roister at least for today anyway,

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
:facepalm:
No credibility IMO.
I'm just defending "playboi".
I'm the guy that's been all over the Board saying Hill is going to start.
And getting roundly laughed at over it... hmmm, maybe you're right about my credibility.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Id like to add also crow eating as many here want Greir and Davis they will see Rush and Dowdle.. open the complaint door on full not that its not open 24-7 it will be the worst 5pm eastern responses to Jerry final roister at least for today anyway,
Odd post. Especially after Rush was also cut...