Will Trysten Hill serve out crow sammiches today?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree
It is expected that a guy picked where he was makes the team
I do expect a good season from him
He’s healthy and it’s a contract year
Money is a tremendous motivator lol

So how is this different from the workforce of the world.
As this reminds me.

I seen it happen all the time for most people.

An employee loafs around for 9 or 10 months. Review time is coming up. Then they bust their rear end, and tell the manager, hey, look what I am doing. in hopes of getting a big raise.
Only to go back to loafing afterwards.
I also seen the opposite. An employee does fantastic for 11 months. Then for whatever reasons, has a bad month before merit increase time. Could have been medical issues, and say, missed time from work. Then they get shafted on the raise.

:laugh:

jwitten82

Reaction score
No because you will not accept the truthful answer. Stop wasting my time.
I've never heard of anybody blaming Marinelli for ruining him, I just want to hear the reason why. I wasn't even a fan of Marinelli, so it's not like I'm going to defend him at all costs, if there's legit reasons then I'd like to hear them

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just defending "playboi".
I'm the guy that's been all over the Board saying Hill is going to start.
And getting roundly laughed at over it... hmmm, maybe you're right about my credibility.

No one is laughing but you are being disrespectful about it. And your sidekick.
I am not defending him as to being a good player. All I said was to see what happens this year.

All I asked was for him to stop with the playboi crap, and you chime too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Odd post. Especially after Rush was also cut...
he will be brought back that's way to keep one extra for a day to make more moves on the 53..the 53 is tough so this is typical they will cut player knowing most likely they clear waivers and then bring them back. maybe you dont pay attention but its normal.im see them do this with kickers and punters as well.

conner01

Reaction score
So how is this different from the workforce of the world.
As this reminds me.

I seen it happen all the time for most people.

An employee loafs around for 9 or 10 months. Review time is coming up. Then they bust their rear end, and tell the manager, hey, look what I am doing. in hopes of getting a big raise.
Only to go back to loafing afterwards.
I also seen the opposite. An employee does fantastic for 11 months. Then for whatever reasons, has a bad month before merit increase time. Could have been medical issues, and say, missed time from work. Then they get shafted on the raise.

:laugh:
It’s a bit of human nature
But the stakes are much higher in the nfl
But for a ton of players, that contract year is the best of their career up till then
Sometimes it’s just a guy develops slow or injuries early on set him back
But know you are playing your last 17 games before you get to actually negotiate your first contract does seem to bring out the best in many

Jarntt

Reaction score
he will be brought back that's way to keep one extra for a day to make more moves on the 53..the 53 is tough so this is typical they will cut player knowing most likely they clear waivers and then bring them back. maybe you dont pay attention but its normal.im see them do this with kickers and punters as well.
Oh, I pay attention and know exactly how it works, which is why I know they cut Rush. I get the feeling you didn't and are dancing a little now. How many teams do this with a backup QB that they actually like? They probably couldn't care less if Rush is signed by another team or not and why keep Grier on the roster last year if they liked Rush so much. He's a placeholder. Knows the offense, by all accounts a good guy and friends with our OC...but he's gone if we find someone else

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chargers' Zion Johnson was probably the top OG prospect in this years' draft. and he is gonna be in the league for quite some time
Try again ..
giphy.gif

jwitten82

Reaction score
I am not defending him as to being a good player. All I said was to see what happens this year.

Lol why you so offended by that word?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I'm just defending "playboi".
I'm the guy that's been all over the Board saying Hill is going to start.
And getting roundly laughed at over it... hmmm, maybe you're right about my credibility.
@RonnieT24 Hill handing out crow sammiches from his new starting position

GettyImages-1234951812-e1642717951881.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What doom? Were large groups of people claiming he wouldn't even make the 53?

Are the Jerry fan boys so desperate to defend him that you'll claim Hill's making the 53 justifies the Cowboys taking him in the 2nd round?
Now who is making up shtuff? I never commented on his draft worth. I also never said vast armies or "large" groups.

So intent to argue you have to invent things i never said. I would probably accept your apology.

Sydla

Reaction score
Now who is making up shtuff? I never commented on his draft worth. I also never said vast armies or "large" groups.

So intent to argue you have to invent things i never said. I would probably accept your apology.

Then what was your point? What doom? Very few people thought he wouldn't make he 53. So what exactly was proven correct here?

Jarntt

Reaction score
All of the back up QBs were cut. Guess which one they'll bring back.
I'm hoping none of them. A lot of QBs cut. Time will tell (well I guess the next day or two). If nothing else it tells us they don't love any of them. You'd never cut your #2 QB to play the roster manipulation game if you thought he could save your season if needed

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Ah well. Have a nice day.

shabazz

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. .

I have to take issue with this assertion. In fact it’s quite the opposite. The overwhelming amount of fans badly wanted this cat to be an impact player but he’s given little evidence to merit that hope.

it’s par for the course for any high draft pick player…..put up or shut up time. I root for every player on the Cowboys to do well but at some point, things get real.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just because Tristan Hill makes the team doesn’t mean anyone’s going to be eating crow. He’s had a pretty good training camp and made a few plays against backups in preseason but he’s done nothing in three seasons to earn a second contract. 2022 will be a make or break season for him.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol what, I seriously wanna know. What have I said negative about this team? Hell I predicted they win the east playboi

I haven’t seen this “playboi’ title going around here but if nicknames are gonna start I’d like to be known as either King Tut or Ladies Choice……….or Circumference

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then what was your point? What doom? Very few people thought he wouldn't make he 53. So what exactly was proven correct here?
Okay...that is a little more civilized then.

Not sure why people object to the original post premise so vehemently. Right on down to mocking ridicule. Seems a little too....defensive and fervent about it.

Are you saying everyone here thought highly of him the last three years? Not sure I answered your question but I certain don't REMEMBER it that way.

Let's say I am wrong about it. Doesn't seem like some people are cheering him on. I see it all too often with several players. Which seems odd...the better every player does, the better the Dallas Cowboys are. Almost like it's not cool to do so...to be hopeful and positive... and people get into the cool know it all club if they predict gloom or have lassitude. {shrug}.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t seen this “playboi’ title going around here but if nicknames are gonna start I’d like to be known as either King Tut or Ladies Choice……….or Circumference
How about all three? King Tut Ladies Choice of Circumference.