Will Trysten Hill serve out crow sammiches today?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday.
He played well when healthy. He just hasn't been very much.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.
They kept Hill and Ridgeway. Watkins and Brunson were cut.

Sydla

Reaction score
Okay...that is a little more civilized then.

Not sure why people object to the original post premise so vehemently. Right on down to mocking ridicule. Seems a little too....defensive and fervent about it.

Are you saying everyone here thought highly of him the last three years? Not sure I answered your question but I certain don't REMEMBER it that way.

Let's say I am wrong about it. Doesn't seem like some people are cheering him on. I see it all too often with several players. Which seems odd...the better every player does, the better the Dallas Cowboys are. Almost like it's not cool to do so...to be hopeful and positive... and people get into the cool know it all club if they predict gloom or have lassitude. {shrug}.

Ronnie is trying to dunk on those who have never been high on Hill, but it's odd because I don't think many here, even those who don't think he's a good player, thought he wouldn't make the 53. But somehow, Hill making the 53 is some sort of proof fans were wrong but the Cowboys were right.

No, not everyone here thought highly of him. Most, accurately, has said he's just a guy at this point. A rotational DT. He's not developed into the high level DT the Cowboys claimed they drafted. So at the end of the day, using Hill making the 53 as proof of fans being wrong is kind of silly given most didn't claim he would get cut and making the 53 doesn't change the fact, he's just a blah DT at this point, hardly a big time interior player.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Stop lying, nobody wants him to fail. He failed himself. If he has a great year the most any smart gm would do is franchise him. Trysten hill fans are funny

You and I both know this isn't true. There are people on this site who openly root for our players to fail. Granted some of them are Eagle fans masquerading here but some are actual professed Cowboys fan who harbor irrational hatred for their own players.. I know it is not logical. but hate seldom is.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He has been horrible here and one of our worst draft picks in recent memory and a big part of why our DTs have been so bad. But as of about two weeks ago I think everyone thought he was going to make the 53, right? Let's hope he plays much better this year if he gets game day snaps (and he should) because we sure could use some better DT play this year. It's about rooting for the team, not for/against a particular player

You do realize that he has only played 18 of a possible 49 games right? As such it is not possible for him to be a "big part" of anything. Unless you're saying his not being on the field has really hurt the team?

JBS

Reaction score
A 4th year player makes the roster.

They relish in really small victories.
Hahahahahahah this thread is unbelievable.

it’s a testament to how stupid dumb and dumber are more than the player this guy is.

“he’s a great pick! He’s still on the roster!”

Xavier187

Reaction score
I'd make him a trade bait for the the Bears Mauler OG Jenkins. Just saying add in a pick and move forward

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He played well when healthy. He just hasn't been very much.

A fair point. That ACL cost him basically 18 games and his own immaturity cost him another 10? Hopefully he's seen the light and brings it full time this season. We sure as hell could use it. He, Gallimore and Osa are all potential disruptors from the DT position.. which is where we have been DYING to get disruption since Ratliff pissed and moaned his way out of Dallas.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hahahahahahah this thread is unbelievable.

it’s a testament to how stupid dumb and dumber are more than the player this guy is.

“he’s a great pick! He’s still on the roster!”

No different than "He was a horrible pick who won't make it out of training camp..." now is it?

Jarntt

Reaction score
You do realize that he has only played 18 of a possible 49 games right? As such it is not possible for him to be a "big part" of anything. Unless you're saying his not being on the field has really hurt the team?
You say that like it isn't a bad thing no matter which it is? Healthy scratch, injuries and suspension. He has hit the trifecta in his time here. All this to go with a half sack in 3 years.

Like I said, hopefully he plays better this year. The team needs better DT play. Here is to hoping he will be part of it!!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Trysten Hill is about the last guy I want the Cowboys to entertain resigning after this season, but I wouldn't underestimate what he can bring to the table when healthy. The guy took a big step forward last year despite what the narrative is. I may be buying fools gold, but OSA, Gallimore, Hill could be a really good (or at least better than expected) rotation at DT this year. None have lived up to their potential yet, but all on rookie deals still and all have flashed upside.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.

I said before and I'll say it again we will all be pleasantly surprised this season by Hill and his production on the field.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
You and I both know this isn't true. There are people on this site who openly root for our players to fail. Granted some of them are Eagle fans masquerading here but some are actual professed Cowboys fan who harbor irrational hatred for their own players.. I know it is not logical. but hate seldom is.
Is this your new profound wisdom you learned while on vacation from the forum after last year's 1st round beatdown?

Myself and other's don't Hate Hill, we just think he is sorry.

Being sorry can find players a number of ways. Not enough skill. Not enough talent. Not explosive. Not fast. Dropping easy passes. Making dumb plays. Making no plays. Doing dumb stuff off the field. Paid too much. Showing up to camp out of shape. Drafted too high. Constant Injuries. Make a play that loses the game. Talking too much. Throwing bad passes. Fumbles. Holding the ball too long. Throwing passes behind WR's. Holding out for a bigger contract. ETC. Any combination of the above makes you more sorry.

The sorry list:
Def: Hill. Bohanna. Gallimore. Golston. Joseph. Wright.
Off: Biadasz. McGovern. Ball. Nucci.

I have some stars on my list but you know how I feel about them already.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Is this your new profound wisdom you learned while on vacation from the forum after last year's 1st round beatdown?

Myself and other's don't Hate Hill, we just think he is sorry.

Being sorry can find players a number of ways. Not enough skill. Not enough talent. Not explosive. Not fast. Dropping easy passes. Making dumb plays. Making no plays. Doing dumb stuff off the field. Paid too much. Showing up to camp out of shape. Drafted too high. Constant Injuries. Make a play that loses the game. Talking too much. Throwing bad passes. Fumbles. Holding the ball too long. Throwing passes behind WR's. Holding out for a bigger contract. ETC. Any combination of the above makes you more sorry.

The sorry list:
Def: Hill. Bohanna. Gallimore. Golston. Joseph. Wright.
Off: Biadasz. McGovern. Ball. Nucci.

I have some stars on my list but you know how I feel about them already.

You dont think Bohanna and Gallimore could have gotten better? Unless its a huge conspiracy by every media outlets account of the TC and PS they have taken a big step forward. Hill has had flash moments when he played granted he has been injured but his play when playing has been solid......Joseph is by all accounts sinking

Sydla

Reaction score
You dont think Bohanna and Gallimore could have gotten better? Unless its a huge conspiracy by every media outlets account of the TC and PS they have taken a big step forward. Hill has had flash moments when he played granted he has been injured but his play when playing has been solid......Joseph is by all accounts sinking

I expect a great season out of Gallimore if he can stay healthy. Bohanna? Ehhh, he is what he is IMO. Just a backup, run stuffing plugger. I am not expecting a ton out of him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

Hes a bum but he will be here because we cut carlos watkins.

Creeper

Reaction score
Go back to what Landry said about defensive linemen. He said they can take 3 or 4 years to develop. Hill is not all-pro, but he will be solid for the Cowboys. He is also in a contract year, so maybe they are hoping he plays like he wants to get paid next year.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Go back to what Landry said about defensive linemen. He said they can take 3 or 4 years to develop. Hill is not all-pro, but he will be solid for the Cowboys. He is also in a contract year, so maybe they are hoping he plays like he wants to get paid next year.
I hope he plays incredible and they trade him for Sean Payton.

Asking for a friend how long does it take for Qbs to develop?