Will Trysten Hill serve out crow sammiches today?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.
Sorry Ronnie but I don't agree with that I don't think anybody's invested in seeing Hill not amount to anything.

But I do very much think that fans are absolutely sick and tired of watching Jerry waste our second round picks on dope addicts head cases criminals and injured players.
In short fans have become beyond disgusted with seeing our second round picks become a bust because of Jerry's desire to gamble on players with problems of every kind.
That said after year four if Tristan Hill can have four sacks and one against the eagles I will break out the anointing oil myself

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, a lot of times Jerry is just repeating what he hears from coaches.

Havic

Reaction score
barring injury, I think Hill is going to turn some heads this year (positively)

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A 4th year player makes the roster.

They relish in really small victories.

Wasn't he injured a couple of times, though?

He needs to be given a better chance to show something.

He hasn't played all that much, but when he does, he hasn't been bad. Even good, at times. He's just an easy guy to play whipping boy, due to his specific set of circumstances.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No one is laughing but you are being disrespectful about it. And your sidekick.
I am not defending him as to being a good player. All I said was to see what happens this year.

All I asked was for him to stop with the playboi crap, and you chime too.
I was not disrespectful, but it was fun responding to someone calling for me.
That you take a silly word and let it annoy you is amusing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wasn't he injured a couple of times, though?

He hasn't played all that much, but when he does, he hasn't been bad. Even good, at times. He's just an easy guy to play whipping boy, due to his specific set of circumstances.

Good take.

Injuries. Falling asleep when some dude who was an NBA star before he was born was speaking.

coult44

Reaction score
You and I both know this isn't true. There are people on this site who openly root for our players to fail. Granted some of them are Eagle fans masquerading here but some are actual professed Cowboys fan who harbor irrational hatred for their own players.. I know it is not logical. but hate seldom is.

I honestly want to see proof of that!!that’s a strong accusation that most likely has zero merit. Most Cowboys fans, especially the ones who take time to talk on a forum about them, have no desire to see any player who trying to help us win, fail. Most are just sick and tired of being fans of a 30 year bottom 5 NFL team and have seen it all before.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
“An outstanding performance against the Chargers”

Against the Chargers 3rd and 4th string he made a few plays.

The issue has never been talent with Hill, it’s his work ethic and passion. If he puts it all together he has a shot to be a good player. But acting like he’s serving crow based on a few plays in preseason games is egregious “look at me I stood by my man when you all rooted against him” campy, self-centered nonsense.

plasticman

Reaction score
Hill isn't serving crow right now. However, it will be the featured menu item in a couple of weeks.

kskboys

Reaction score
I honestly want to see proof of that!!that’s a strong accusation that most likely has zero merit. Most Cowboys fans, especially the ones who take time to talk on a forum about them, have no desire to see any player who trying to help us win, fail. Most are just sick and tired of being fans of a 30 year bottom 5 NFL team and have seen it all before.
It's constantly all over the boards.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of people here are heavily invested in this guy never amounting to anything. But he followed up and outstanding performance against the Chargers with another solid outing in limited snaps last Friday. Still there's LOT of good players along that defensive front so somebody who can actually play is going to be let go.. Consensus is they keep 10 d-linemen..

DEs
Lawrence
Armstrong
Williams
Basham
Fowler?
Tafua?

DTs
Gallimore
Bohanna
Odighizuwa
Hill?
Bronson?
Golston?
Watkins?
Ridgeway?

I think Ridgeway has played his way onto the practice squad. There are whispers that Fowler has not been good in the locker room. But that's unsubstantiated. Watkins and Basham are classic "solid vets" but are they keepers with all the talented utes in the stable? Tafua was invisible Friday after a strong showing last game. He's another one headed to the PS. Either way.. gonna be interesting. Hopefully somebody makes a decent trade offer for 2-3 of these guys. You'd like to see the team rewarded for drafting well.

Having been drafted in the 2nd round of the 2019 draft, of course there were high expectations for Hill seeing as how the likes of DLaw and Diggs were drafted in the 2nd round for Dallas. However, in his 3 seasons Hill has played in 18 games with 5 starts while producing 1/2 sack, 2 TFL's, 8 QB hits, and 27 tackles.

While we all hope Hill produces something this season, I wouldn't call it eating crow if he simply makes the roster as this may be his last season in Dallas if he doesn't show anything this season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, there are no such sammiches available right now to be served. They will only be available if he stays healthy and has a productive season.